Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2002, 08:31 AM   #1
Throrgrim
Drow Warrior

ack ack ack!!!
i know i am getting BG1 for xmas (yay!) but i was looking at npcs u could get in BG1 and BG2.
wot hav they done to Imoen? shes well nice in BG1 and she was just a thief! then Jaheira's like totally different and Viconia? wot were they thinking!? they've changed her race from Elf to Dark Elf/Drow??? wot were the people who made BG2 thinking? and i also noted that BG1 has about 30 npcs! i think BG2 is stil better but they shouldnt muck around with NPCs like that!
Old 12-23-2002, 08:37 AM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

They have only done small changes to the NPCs, to make them suit better to BG2. And Viconia have been a Drow all the time.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 10:09 AM   #3
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Imoen looks stocky compared to the slim thief figure she had in BG1. Can't say I like the change, and I don't see how she could've gained weight in Irenicus dungeon [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-23-2002, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]
Old 12-23-2002, 10:19 AM   #4
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

They changed the portrait of all romancable characters, probably to make them more sexy. As for Imoen's avatar, it's just because the avatars in BGII changed since BGI, and she is also using the female mage avatar, instead of the thief one.

In BG1, Imoen was a thief, but she had the option to dual to mage, so that what they did for BGII, and I agree with their choice. She would not have been as usefull and interesting as a thief only.
Old 12-23-2002, 10:30 AM   #5
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

There really was no reason to change her avatar though. She looked better with as a thief, and all characters keep their old avatar when they dual. But I suppose it's just as easy to change it yourself with SK.
Old 12-23-2002, 10:35 AM   #6
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

They change avatar, depending on the dual class combination.
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 10:37 AM   #7
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Really? I've used a dual class PC twice and neither of them changed avatar. Can't see why they had to re-do all the avatars for BG2, pretty much all of them looked better in BG1.
Old 12-23-2002, 10:53 AM   #8
whodoyouthinkyouare
The Magister

Well, if you are a fighter, and dual to mage, your avatar changes. Not much, its just a different set of shoulder pads, but it still changes. Maybe thats why you've never noticed a dual classed character's avatar change.
Old 12-23-2002, 12:04 PM   #9
Vedran
Lord Soth

If Imoen had stayed a thief, she couldn't have casted Magic Missiles at Irenicus and wouldn't get arrested.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 12:58 PM   #10
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

But they could've kept the thief avatar

[ 12-23-2002, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]