Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2000, 10:05 AM   #1
Mammawlin

I just wanted to thank you for sticking up for the forum to the folks who are using the language of morons and idiots. It is people like them who keep people like me from coming to forums. I've enjoyed this forum as much as the game, maybe more, and I think of it as a special group of adventurers. You are my hero now because you are brave and worthy. Sincere Thanks, again, Frankenstien man!!!
Old 12-13-2000, 10:12 AM   #2
Drukus

I have already requested that the webmaster remove dobaj from the forum, racism and foul language should not be tolerated here, and besides, if someone has so many problems with this game, then why post on the board?!?
Old 12-13-2000, 11:19 AM   #3
Frankenstein

You're welcome, my friend. Unforunately, I came here to learn a little more about this wonderful game. But part of me is tainted by sinking to the level of those who are less polite and lacking manners.

With my white sword of justice, I do smite the legions or darkness...

Carry me away Lord, for I await heaven with an open heart!

FrankNStein
Old 12-13-2000, 02:24 PM   #4
Lily the Ranger

I am a sucker for a guy on a white horse. Fast red cars scare me. :0 I think it is the disrespect and attempted devaluing that bothers me. I want my kids to see folks who can vent themselves in a productive way. Pillow fights, long meaningful discussions, snowball fights, weeding the garden. We are an on-your-toes, poke-fun-at-each-other kind of group.

When Life gives you lemons make lemonade or a pretty good imitation.
Old 12-13-2000, 04:43 PM   #5
THE_ONE

OK, I confess - I'm not a fan of the white knight (I prefer grey!) and I am not an English native speaker either (like this dobaj)!
As I have to struggle myself quite often with proper spelling and correct grammar, I can really understand second language users who take a more direct approach than me and just write down what they have to say without bothering very much about style and grammar (I know I still make plenty mistakes, but I at least I try!). People like dobaj, who proudly proclaims to be a second language user too, really shame me. Lets face it: Using loads of four letter words does not make our English any better. And dobaj, if you dislike Americans that strongly, why don't you just stop using their language and get the hell out of this forum?
This is the best forum I have ever been in and I also want to thank you guys who take a stand against those intellectually poorly endowed like NEKO2 or dobaj. I enjoy the laid-back and open-minded conversation of this forum even more than the game itself, but certain people sometimes spoil the whole thing.
So keep on smiting, people, because I think the established manners and values of this great community are worth being defended.

Again, thanks a lot!

THE ONE