Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2000, 07:45 AM   #1
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Being so very close to getting the ring, I decided to install the patch and see whether this was the upside that everyone was looking for with vampirism. I took the succubus option and got vamped. Then equipped the ring, and ran about for approx 10 mins and a couple of battles. The ring has a regeneration component (although level 1), and 3 x 100% resistances. In the time that I was testing, my character never suffered any hitpoint drain. Since I am morally not aligned with the succubus concept I abandoned the trial at that point and reloaded. Never having been a vampire before, I am not sure if I gave the trial long enough. Perhaps someone could tell me how frequent the HP drain usually is?
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2000, 07:52 AM   #2
Draco
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The hitpoint drain is equivelant to being poisoned...the ring must work!
Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2000, 01:55 PM   #3
Mammawlin

Gee I sure could use that ring, Davros! Pray tell, Where did you get it???
Old 12-11-2000, 05:16 PM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Mammawlin,

In Skull Castle, Adrianna asks you to get her the scroll of Banishing. In return she asks if you want to be a vampire (not likley babe) and you get a choice of the treasure key or the vampre ring.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2000, 01:25 AM   #5
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Good call Davros! I was wondering why HPI said it was so valuable. Unfortunately, I opted for the key since the ring made the game crash happy, only to find out that the key opened a lock that my level 12 assassin picked.

I do have a save right before where you can get the ring, I'll go back and verify this as well.

Finally, DWB did something right! I had a vampire the whole damn game...and not on purpose, but I gotta admit she is pretty cool!

*Bares Fangs*

Scronan
Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2000, 11:10 AM   #6
Mammawlin

Cool, I am just getting ready to go into Skull Castle. I have had a vampire since the sewers and although sometimes it is close, I usually feed her right on time. The ring will be a great help. Thanks, Davros!