Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2002, 12:51 PM   #11
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
My biggest problem with the editing feature is that I am very service oriented, so when I am scanning through the posts in the RPG forum, and I see that somebody forgot to properly close a font or end an italics code...I will go in there and do the work for them, without bothering them. I like to help out, and that is just one way that I try to make things run smoothly over there. Posting different characters in one thread ...all in a different color gets tricky, and sometimes a mistake will happen.

Now, everybody will see that I have edited their post, and start worrying or complaining...telling me to stay out and quit messing with thier stuff, never realizing that I have helped them.
I believe Ziroc mentioned that an open HTML code can screw up the forum sometimes...so that is why I am so diligent.

I suppose I will just write below their threads from now on..."edited due to HTML errors"...or something like that.

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]

That explains much. I had so many fragmented thoughts and idiotic posts before but I check again, and they seem logical if a bit verbose. I thank you, Larry. Your assistance should make the populace more amenable towards me now. I try to stay away from the colors because I have accepted within my heart that I will never be Larry. Its just a struggle to just be me. Perhaps some cheetos would lift my spirits.
Old 01-07-2002, 07:01 PM   #12
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I'm the culprit...I was the one who asked Ziroc to put it back in.

Reason? It makes it easier for mods to police the forum. Like Saz said, it's hard when someone reports a troll/flamer thread and the troll/flamer can edit his comments out of existence before it's checked. We then have the problem of taking one person's word against another's. This way we have a record of what everyone has done, and it makes it easier for us to put two and two together.

Old 01-07-2002, 07:56 PM   #13
Grojlach
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
My biggest problem with the editing feature is that I am very service oriented, so when I am scanning through the posts in the RPG forum, and I see that somebody forgot to properly close a font or end an italics code...I will go in there and do the work for them, without bothering them. I like to help out, and that is just one way that I try to make things run smoothly over there. Posting different characters in one thread ...all in a different color gets tricky, and sometimes a mistake will happen.

Now, everybody will see that I have edited their post, and start worrying or complaining...telling me to stay out and quit messing with thier stuff, never realizing that I have helped them.
I believe Ziroc mentioned that an open HTML code can screw up the forum sometimes...so that is why I am so diligent.

I suppose I will just write below their threads from now on..."edited due to HTML errors"...or something like that.

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]

Hmm...
Larry, with several other forum software types, like VBB and Ikonboard, the "edited by" thingy can be turned on or off per membergroup, also meaning that moderators or administrators have a way to edit messages without getting the "edited by" thingy at the bottom of the post. I would be surprised if rather expensive software as UBB wouldn't have such a feature... You could ask Ziroc about it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2002, 09:40 PM   #14
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:

Hmm...
Larry, with several other forum software types, like VBB and Ikonboard, the "edited by" thingy can be turned on or off per membergroup, also meaning that moderators or administrators have a way to edit messages without getting the "edited by" thingy at the bottom of the post. I would be surprised if rather expensive software as UBB wouldn't have such a feature... You could ask Ziroc about it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

In other words....
PLEASE GIMME IT!!!!
I wanna be able to clean posts up without polluting the threads with my footsteps...I need power!!!
Old 01-07-2002, 11:52 PM   #15
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:

Hmm...

It can be added, but it's really a moot point to do so. I don't mind either way if it shows up. I just turned if off because I figured most people liked it off, but I do agree with Memnoch, it does allow those 'less than scrupulous to get away with a crude comment.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 01-08-2002, 05:11 AM   #16
LennonCook
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
After reading that thread concerning the "stupid people", Sookma, I just have to laugh at you.

Did you think you wasn't going to get caught??LOL!

No, I didnt think that at all. I was TRYING to get caught, well atleast by Neb or Azurewolf... i was trying to annoy them or try to make them look stupid infront of a large audience. But that rivalry ended about 2 days after Larry posted that last thing on it...