Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2003, 04:52 PM   #11
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Thanks, Horatio! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Willow! You pegged me in your edit! I'm one of those people who hates to 'bother' my doctor with something 'simple' etc... and I usually don't go unless I'm really feeling horrible. Once I had a nurse chew me out for waiting so long every time I got sick. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Actually it was more directed to the *cough* male members of Ironworks. And your last sentence is the exact reason why one should visit a physician as early as possible. The sooner you get there the sooner you will get the help you need.

I would also like to issue a warning against net doctors. Sure you may find your illness there but many diseases share symptoms. Do it as a background check and then, yes you got it, Go see you physician!.
Old 05-19-2003, 05:13 PM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Thanks, Horatio! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Willow! You pegged me in your edit! I'm one of those people who hates to 'bother' my doctor with something 'simple' etc... and I usually don't go unless I'm really feeling horrible. Once I had a nurse chew me out for waiting so long every time I got sick. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Actually it was more directed to the *cough* male members of Ironworks. And your last sentence is the exact reason why one should visit a physician as early as possible. The sooner you get there the sooner you will get the help you need.

I would also like to issue a warning against net doctors. Sure you may find your illness there but many diseases share symptoms. Do it as a background check and then, yes you got it, Go see you physician!.
[/QUOTE]LOL, I just hate to show up with a sniffle...but then by the time I get in to see my doctor is's bronchitis, so I agree with you one hundred percent!
Old 05-19-2003, 06:05 PM   #13
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

You are right, Cloudy. Though diagnosis is 85% history, there are a lot of visual clues that a personal visit elicits that any kind of Internet or telephone consultation simply will not allow. For instance, if (God forbid) Melusine had a strep throat and was simply not giving us the symptoms of fever, swelling, foul breath, etc., we could miss a diagnosis. That said, Mel is quite intelligent and I trust her to be honest in her history. But, yes, if any doubt is in your mind, go see your personal physician.
Old 05-20-2003, 04:52 AM   #14
Melusine
Dracolisk

No worries guys, I do know that a visit to the doctor is in order, and that no one should rely on internet advice from people they haven't met. [img]smile.gif[/img] I've an appointment this afternoon, in fact.

I also want to stress no one here with a medical or legal profession should feel obliged to answer all the calls for advice! I do realise that when you get accosted at every party by women who'll rattle off their entire medical history for you then demand your professional opinion, you don't want to get similarly accosted online.
I do know I asked for advice myself but I would fully understand if you can't be bothered!
The reason why I posted here is because the pain is so unlike the normal throat aches/inflammations that I get, and I wondered if anyone had a similar experience. Turns out Epona had. [img]smile.gif[/img] It's also because of the short time span in which I need to be better - I could use any advice possible.
Finally Attalus, a lady's breath is never foul *ahem* and they also prefer the term "astoundingly intelligent" to "quite intelligent" [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2003, 09:01 AM   #15
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
posted by cloudy
------------------
Similarly, not all legal professionals are up on the laws in every area the members of IW come from. So please, remember that if you seek advice of a medical or legal sort you must make your own decision whether to act or not act on it.
yeah.. dont lay the blame on the board since it was your choice to act upon the advice without consulting the doctor.

hmm.. maybe we should put a professional forum since we have so many speicialized proffession and we can make our own company actually

Catch me if you can..
Old 05-20-2003, 09:19 AM   #16
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

Finally Attalus, a lady's breath is never foul *ahem* and they also prefer the term "astoundingly intelligent" to "quite intelligent"
Well, of course it wasn't, Mel, and that's why I knew that you didn't have strep throat.
I shall take the other under advisement, as I thought either was acceptable as long as "for a girl" was not added. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2003, 12:28 PM   #17
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Mel, I hope the doctor can help make that sore throat go away! And LOL ABSOLUTELY....'astoundingly' is better!
Old 05-20-2003, 12:38 PM   #18
Donut
Jack Burton

I go to the GP surgery virtually everyday and she pays me to be there!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show