Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2001, 05:10 AM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

THE GAEL SERRAN EXAMINER
Sazerac, Editor
Sports Writer: Skywalker (Mark)

SPECIAL SPORTS EDITION UPDATE: SHIVA LOVECRAFT WINS AGAINST MANTRAPS IN SECOND-ROUND, HEAD-TO-FROND ACTION!

Well, Gael Serran sports fans, once again we return to the arena of the Shire, where our contender, Shiva Lovecraft, once again challenges the Amazoni Mantraps in a deathmatch contest for a purse of 100 ducats provided by our own Si, keeper of the Gael Serran League Stats Journals!

Skywalker, our sports writer, provides these details:

Shiva Lovecraft had become a Paladin to build up her body so she could try again. She was fairly upset about being disqualified because of using a Serpent Staff and she really needs the money (you know how expensive it is in the Gael Serran!). Unfortunately, while in Shurugeon Castle, she met Lysandra and fell prey to her obvious charms. So now she is also a Vampire (Human Female Paladin Vampire Lvl 12 after Lvl 14 Wizard).

She had decided to take the challange and battle an Amazoni Mantrap ("I'm a woman, why should it want to attack me?" she had said) without the use of weapons. She also decided to make it more dangerous by attacking it sans armor or magic jewelry (she had to pay to have her Vampire Ring removed). The only problem was that when she fought barehanded (and barebacked) she missed alot and did 1 point of damage on average. This would not do. She decide to Vampire Bite her opponent instead. Now biting a Mantrap is fairly tasty, on par with maple syrup, but it does not restore Hit Points, so it became nigh impossible to survive. Sara became concerned that she'd be disqualified again because she decided to cast Merlin's Shield again this time around. To quote:

Quote:
" I may be be crazy to do this with no real protection, but I'm not stupid! Being all alone, there is no one there to take you're body to be resurrected, and since I can't heal myself with potions or spells and the vampire bite doesn't work on the Traps, I'm not so sure that I am not being stupid! But, a challenge is a challenge, and I don't see any other brave or crazy souls setting forth to the task. So I'm going to try again!"
(For some odd reason, the Vampire Bite does not work if nothing is in the left hand, sort of like the kung fu kick anomaly. The bite is always out of range. I didn't want her to carry a shield into the fray, so she chose to carry a lantern instead. She didn't want to be accused of cheating for having a shield equipped!)

(Look at that action, folks! You can see clearly the second Mantrap approaching from a distance!)

So as you can see in the exclusive photo (2 to choose from actually), she was victorious. She hopes the Merlin Shield thing doesn't cause her to lose, but seeing as she is all alone in the contest, she feels confident.

There is a 2nd Mantrap in the photo so her work was only half done, and she dispatched that one as well!

So what is next? She intends to put bite on Haleabus and if she has the chance she may take on Erathsmedor, "I'm getting very tired of that half-blind idiot setting my butt on fire everytime he's in my vicinity! I wonder what Dragon blood tastes like?"

Be afraid, Erathsmedor! Be very afraid! --(editor's comment)

Well, there you have it, folks. Since the "rules" of the challenge was that the contender only had to face the Mantraps barehanded (or fanged, in this case), Shiva Lovecraft is the first clear winner in the contest, Merlin's shield or no. It is up to her to claim the prize, of course. I don't think there will be any problem with payout; after all, who would want to stiff a vampiress?

Keep watching for further editions of the Gael Serran Examiner. Remember: Minds that need examining want to KNOW!

-Sazerac, Editor

------------------
Back issues of the Gael Serran Examiner now available!

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 03-26-2001).]
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 05:32 AM   #2
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

wow! I'm impressed! Jungle Lilies be afraid VERY afraid!
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 05:41 AM   #3
skywalker
Banned User

Shiva wants to know if anyone would be interested in pics of a Vampire vs. Dragon match up. The sporting bug has certainly bitten her.

Though she's unsure she'd be interested in a one on one contest with Erathsmedor in her underwear. She asks if there is any money in this endeavor.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 05:53 AM   #4
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Torin offers 10000000 gold pieces to witness this battle.

adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 06:00 AM   #5
skywalker
Banned User

Adam,
Your answer was priceless!!!
I'm sure Torin has the cash to back it up, too!
Thanx, for the BIG laugh!

Mark

[This message has been edited by skywalker (edited 03-26-2001).]
Old 03-26-2001, 09:30 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

LOL!!!!!

Great Issue!!!

(and a great line, Adam!!)

Wyv

------------------
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 12:03 PM   #7
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Ok, so what rules would apply against the dragon? Ezra will match Torin's contribution to the award money to see the vampire be victorious over the dragon.

Great article guys! Thanks and we look forward to more news and sports!

Mammawlin

P.S. You wouldn't really *hurt* the dragon, right?
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 12:29 PM   #8
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hmm, using Merlin's Shield? That's not a clean victory in my book.

FOUL! FOUL! FOUL!

And someone saying my Pixie isn't up to the task We'll just see about that. And no sissy Merlin's Shield spells either. I'll post my results in a day or two.

Ok, I think what I need to do is fight the Mantraps bare backed and fisted first, then take on two Jungle Lillies.

Anyone care to wager a bet? Or will my Pixie be plant food?

Lets see, going for Erathsmedor is pretty brave. I'd say duke it out with the Sphinx...or the Hydra.

Mantraps, watch out....Vesper is on your trail!!!!!!

HA HA HA HA!

Scronan

Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 04:59 PM   #9
skywalker
Banned User

Shiva, the Vampiress who last fought the mantraps, was the one who said your Pixie wasn't up to it, Scronan. (She's gotten very headstrong and obnoxious of late.) With no jewelry or armor and no spells, I can't see how she could survive. You have to realize that a Zenmaster can use heal potions, whereas a Paladin/Vampire cannot-they have no effect. And biting Mantraps gains no increase in hitpoints. There is no way to survive it without the spell.

Mamawlin: On my first time through, my characters killed no good NPC, this time through Shiva is tempted, for 20000000 gold pieces she just may do the dirty deed.

So the next level to this challenge is this:

Fight a Mantrap with no weapons armed,
No armor worn,
No jewelry,
No enhancing spells (like Merlin's Shield),
And if Merlin's Shield is out, you cannot use healing spells or potions.
(Not sure if you can use Cure Poison though!)

Take your best shot.

Mark

[This message has been edited by skywalker (edited 03-26-2001).]
Old 03-26-2001, 10:09 PM   #10
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Adam, couldn't you just fight the dragon, get some screen shots for the Examiner and then reload your game so you don't have to leave him dead?
Ezra the Vampire would really love to see this and she is willing to pay-up!
Mammawlin

P.S. Of course, I don't personally approve of killing one of Wyvern's cousins.
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote