Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2001, 11:27 AM   #11
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Barb:
Do they have spells?

Yes, but only 3 clerical spells from spell level 1-3.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 02:40 PM   #12
hagimihale
Manshoon

I'm having a blast w/my 11th level Elven archer. Dundee, I've noticed I use many of the same tactics you listed above... to the point that I keep the rest of my party back on many confrontations to see if I can "solo" for at least a little while.

It is kinda comical watching my archer (w/boots of speed) run around in a room, stop to let off a few arrows and then run around again when fighting multiple enemies... =)
hagimihale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 03:10 PM   #13
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by hagimihale:
I'm having a blast w/my 11th level Elven archer. Dundee, I've noticed I use many of the same tactics you listed above... to the point that I keep the rest of my party back on many confrontations to see if I can "solo" for at least a little while.
It is kinda comical watching my archer (w/boots of speed) run around in a room, stop to let off a few arrows and then run around again when fighting multiple enemies... =)

I love/hate fighting Mummies and Skeleton Warriors. They move so slow! I can visualise them as pincushions by the time my Archer is done with them. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I hate their damage resistance though, I practically need half a quiver just to polish off one of them, hence the pincushion imagery.

Oh, and I loveeee Acid Arrows, it works great against Stoneskinned Mages. Heh, heh... I must have spent 50,000+ Gps already, on ammunition alone. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2001, 03:33 PM   #14
hagimihale
Manshoon

Dundee, how do you deal with mages and liches who cast spells like invisibility, sanctuary etc? Last night I went against Firkraag's mage. Not that this was a tough battle, but it occurs to me that I can't touch him at this point... and if I didnt have Jaheira's dispel invisibility or Nalia's breach the battle would be much tougher.
hagimihale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 03:51 PM   #15
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by hagimihale:
Dundee, how do you deal with mages and liches who cast spells like invisibility, sanctuary etc? Last night I went against Firkraag's mage. Not that this was a tough battle, but it occurs to me that I can't touch him at this point... and if I didnt have Jaheira's dispel invisibility or Nalia's breach the battle would be much tougher.

I have not gone to Windspear Hills yet, but my tactic against Liches is to use the Protection from Undead scroll. As for Mages, as they cast a spell, I run away and Stealth, which neutralises their spell( because they cannot target me). No AI controlled Mage remains invisible forever, so I just wait until they come out of it.
Old 12-04-2001, 06:15 PM   #16
Eldoran
Dungeon Master

I solo'ed with a archer in the past, and had alot of fun, but now with ToB it has gotten alot easier IMO.

Ahhh, how nice it is to be able to get unlimited +1 arrows, and a place to stash all the arrows I tend to collect early on... Watchers Keep is quite a boon, with a little fancy footwork. Also with the amount of exp you get soloing, it is quite nice to be able to use the HLA in some of those later fights of SoA... I rather enjoy smite for crowd control, it is really a beautiful ability for archers.

One tip I would like to pass on would be to take advantage of crossbows. While they may not seem to be fully a Archer type weapon, I am personally in love with being able to equip one of my crossbows, and one of my shortbows... And you gotta love Kuo-Tao bolts.
Eldoran is offline   Reply With Quote