Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2002, 04:18 PM   #1
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Hey all it's me Someguy. For all out there who think that some classes are just wussy panzeys and weak little bugs that could be crushed in one blow should think again!I'm sure you all have met those annoying mages in the game and think to yourself "ha ha that mage is going to die"And then you just die of the spells being casted on you.that's what happen when a mage gets to those "high levels".That's right they become walking tanks.Bards are the same way.Along with druids.I know becuz I used to be the same way.That's all for now C ya!
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 08:07 PM   #2
MasterPooBaa
Zhentarim Guard

yerp
cleric and mage is also another great combo...
at high level u can have...

bless, prayer, prot evil, prot evil 10', chant, recitation, defensive harmony, entropy, shield of lothander, resist fire/cold, prot from fire, prot from electricity, blur, mirror image, prot from normal missiles, prot from normal weapons, spirit armour, stoneskin, haste & mindblank.

a single cleric mage set up like this is virtually indestructable, and gains massive AC, save, & thaco bonuses!
course u have to find the required scrolls, so its best to concentrate all the good scrolls with one mage.
Old 04-16-2002, 10:38 PM   #3
NihilisticCrusader
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Cleric/Mage is a great combo. Gnomes are the best, since they get an extra spell each level (Illusionist). I just have to wonder, though, why would you want an indestructible spellcaster? There was only one battle in IWD where I needed defensive spells on my mage, to be able to let off a fireball and then run from arrows. Defensive cleric spells are perfect for my Fighter/Cleric, but on the whole I have found defensive mage spells to do little more than waste space in my spellbook.
Old 04-16-2002, 11:59 PM   #4
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I always like having a bit of a combo - tanks and spell casters...but just MHO... [img]smile.gif[/img]

BK
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 10:19 AM   #5
StarVid
Elminster

[ 04-17-2002, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: StarVid ]
Old 04-17-2002, 05:23 PM   #6
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Hey u guys I agree with all this and your are right a cleric/mage does make a great combo i tried it in bg and i kicked booty!!!..........sorry i should act my age.(11)I just did that becuz my friends just all of a sudden started sayin booty all the time.Another great5 combo is a fighter/Druid ooh just the thought makes me wish I had not let my uncle borrow the game
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote