Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2005, 10:36 AM   #1
OLAF TRYGGRYSON
Dungeon Master

I am starting a new game as a Cleric and need to find out who the best NPC Tanks are in the game. I usually have my PC as the Main Tank and Minsc as a Back up but I want to do things a little different, any feed back would be most welcome
Old 03-11-2005, 10:40 AM   #2
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Korgan is the most 'meaty' tank because he's just rock hard, but Jaheira will do very well at high levels with Ironskins and full plate. I find Kelsey to be a wonderful tank when he's high level, but that's not exactly orthodox
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 11:31 AM   #3
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Keldorn and Valygar served me well throughout SoA and ToB. Anomen is also a very good tank with the Hammer, though being a cleric you may choose to save that for yourself. Being a cleric, you are still a formidable fighting force. Lack of attacks can be made up in many ways, and you have draw upon holy might to get high stat points.
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 11:39 AM   #4
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Jaheira eats Korgan any day of the week. So does Haer'Dalis.

Edited on Timber's suggestion altough I don't know what was wrong really. Deleted the add. Timber has weird jokes! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 03-11-2005, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 01:04 PM   #5
OLAF TRYGGRYSON
Dungeon Master

THANKS I will look into All your suggestions. I hav'nt used any of the NPC's mentioned except Jaheira [who is my favorite]. It will be cool to see how a different party will perform. Thank you all again......
Old 03-11-2005, 01:34 PM   #6
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
Note that this is a family forum, please.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:17 PM   #7
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Korgan does a better job than Jaheira or HaerDalis on normal modes or without smart tactics. He has more power, more health and more importantly, far better saving throws.

Also, dwarves are cooler
Old 03-11-2005, 02:21 PM   #8
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
Note that this is a family forum, please. [/QUOTE]I have received a couple of messages asking what was wrong with Xen's post. The answer is NOTHING. I was just JOKING. My dirty little mind was playing off of the innuendo. Sorry for any misunderstoodimation.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:24 PM   #9
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by JrKASperov:
Korgan does a better job than Jaheira or HaerDalis on normal modes or without smart tactics. He has more power, more health and more importantly, far better saving throws.

Also, dwarves are cooler
No. Even in normal SoA he loses. Especially against Haer'Dalis.
Fight begins: Korgan moves to Jaheira. Jaheira casts Ironskins. Korgan hits Jahira. Korgan does 0 damage. Jaheira hits. 15 damage. Korgan hits. Does 0 damage. Jaheira hits. Does 15 damage. ... Korgan gulps a potion. Jaheira recasts Ironskins. Korgan does 0 damage to Jaheira. ... Korgan runs out of potions. Korgan runs away. Jaheira switches to sling. Jaheira rolls critical hit. Korgan dies.

Fight number 2: Korgan runs to Haer'Dalis. Haer casts PFMW. Korgan - weapon ineffective. Haer'Dalis hits for 10 damage. Next round: Korgan - weapon ineffective. One round passes. Haer'Dalis - Offensive spin. Maximum damage. Korgan - weapon ineffective. Haer'Dalis now has 4 ApR with maximum damage. Now he casts Improved Haste. Now he has 8 ApR with maximum damage. Korgan curses - weapon ineffective. Next round: Korgan - weapon ineffective. Haer'Dalis casts Flame Arrow. Korgan suffers 42 damage. Korgan - weapon ineffective. Next round: Haer'Dalis recasts PFMW. Another 4 rounds of weapon ineffective. Korgan starts running away. Haer'Dalis shoots Minor Sequencer (2x Acid Arrow). Korgan dies in acid pain.

He has less power then Jaheira and/or Haer'Dalis.

[ 03-11-2005, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 02:58 PM   #10
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Allow me to provide an alternative tale of events...

Haer Daelis' prot magic weapons runs out in the thick of battle without you noticing. Hard monster: critical hit. Haer Daelis: dead.

Sometimes its good to have a meatshield that doesn't depend on buffing - its easy to get caught with your pants down if you rely solely on magic to be strong in melee.

[ 03-11-2005, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote