Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2003, 09:52 AM   #1
ShadowChild
Manshoon

Whilst picking my nose and generally trying to waste 30 minutes of work before i go home i thought this one up - its a first effort so if its crap tell me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Krix's Contingency
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bastard Sword
THAC0 +2
Fire Damage each hit (1d3)
Lightning Damage each hit (1d3)
Cast Heal Serious Wounds (1 charge only)
Cast Magic Missle (1 charge only)

Its meant as a last chance - i toyed with giving it a once per day for Heal and Magic Missle - but that would be to cheesey - so basically if your getting your ass kicked it gives you one chance to heal a bit and do a bit of damage.

I've only really added the THAC0 increment and the Elemental damage so that it can still be used as a decent weapon after the charges are used.

Any thoughts would be nice [img]smile.gif[/img]
Never violate a woman nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.<br /><br /><i>Druss The Legend</i>
ShadowChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 10:11 AM   #2
Annatar
Mephistopheles

A history would be nice, who made the sword.. where did it come from.. everyone can make a powerfull sword, but without its history, its nothing
Old 04-14-2003, 10:13 AM   #3
ShadowChild
Manshoon

I couldn't include that...you know why? cos it doesn't exist yet! hehehe i have to work sometime [img]smile.gif[/img]
Never violate a woman nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.<br /><br /><i>Druss The Legend</i>
Old 04-14-2003, 10:15 AM   #4
ShadowChild
Manshoon

And whad'ya mean its nothing without its history? its still a sword? is it not pointy? would it not lop your arm off if swung correctly? Why yes it would!....gimme a day or so and i'll add the history [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2003, 10:20 AM   #5
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Most of the time when I create items (doing my 3th project now), I first create a history for the weapon, a story with details about the sword an who used it, created it what and what kind of terribly powers it has.

When I have the story ready, I read it a couple of times and begin addig stats and enchantment on the blade.. that fit in with the story, example:

Grilonus the demonslayer had fought many deamonic feature's in his life time, his weapons were therefor highly enchanted.. this is one the few blades that remained after Grilonus was killed in a epic battle.

You don't give this sword the ability to kill undead in a single hit, but rather sometime like +15 damage vs demonic creatures (abishais, baatezu, tanar'ri) and protection from demonic gaze.. or something similiar, get my drift ?

[add] What I mean is that everybody can create a sword with the use of IEEP, but not everybody can create a nice story added to the blade.. sure I can make a Hellsword +8: Demonsblood that raises all your stats to 25 with a regen rate of 10hp per second.. but what about the story? How did it apear in the mortal plane, who wielded it.. ect, a weapon without a story is just an other powerfull weapon... not THAT powerful weapon with that great description.

[ 04-14-2003, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: Annatar ]
Old 04-14-2003, 10:24 AM   #6
ShadowChild
Manshoon

Yes, or rather i already had it! i have the basics in my head put its putting it into words - cos another thing to think about is the sword only has one charge of Heal and Missle and thats it kaput! no more charges....so if it belonged to someone else then why does it still have charges?...answer?...the poor chap who owned it never actually got to use it (that chap being Krix)...

Just have to think of a suitable story to match is all....
Old 04-14-2003, 03:20 PM   #7
Vedran
Lord Soth

Annatar, when the history is over, I could proofread (check spelling) it for you if you want.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote