Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2003, 08:39 PM   #1
Arathor
The Magister

i have heard some people talk about it, but im not sure what it is. could anyone help?
Arathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 08:50 PM   #2
Decurion
The Magister

I'm not sure there really IS a quest for it, I've heard that it was something the developers were GOING to have as part of a quest but never got around to it but as far as I know its just a sort of secret place.

Decurion
Decurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 08:57 PM   #3
Shadowbane
Dungeon Master

I found out about this on this forum. You need to have a rogue stone in your inventory. Go to the Bridge District and go to a house on the south side of the map (if you don't have a rogue stone it will say the entrance is like a void and you will not be able to enter). It is the house with 2 doors (the other door is the entrance to the lich that is part of the Kangaxx quest).

Then get ready to rumble.
Shadowbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 09:05 PM   #4
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

It isn't a full fledged quest...but it IS one of the toughest fights in the game.....ESPECIALLY if you've installed the infamous Weimer Tactics Mod.

It is worth the effort, though...because your mage will gain one of their most prized possessions from this fight.
Old 03-02-2003, 09:06 PM   #5
Butterfingers
Drizzt Do'Urden

Rumble?

PHAGH!

The Twisted Runies are amazingly easy. With the right tactics. Don't really need cheese either. It all boils down to careful methods and tactics.
Butterfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 09:17 PM   #6
masteraleph
Elminster

As to its being a quest...
*SPOILERS*
IIRC, there was originally a HUGE quest planned involving the slavers. It started with the ones in the sewers etc...however, it was supposed to involve a personal quest for Haer'daelis, Nalia's kidnapping, the Guarded Compound (which is why that encounter is sometimes called the Slave Lords), the Twisted Rune, and the murder/Tanner quest in the bridge district. However, the quest was never finished. As to why they're involved...well, the haerdaelis quest doesn't actually appear, however, there are remnants of it in the dialog.tlk. Nalia's quest is also related...shame that the quest was never finished, but oh well :-\
masteraleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 09:51 PM   #7
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Yea I remember the Twisted Ruin, scared the crap out of me when I was surrounded by a lich with nothing but warrior lackies the first time around. With the tactics mod I don't even bother [img]tongue.gif[/img] But, I don't know what mod this is from, but you'll run into TR followers that ambush you in the allies when you're on your way to a new district or a different part of Athkatla anyway.

"I shall split their heads open and drink my mead from their skulls!" -Quote Follower of the Twisted Ruin
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 05:30 PM   #8
Arathor
The Magister

Thanks a lot guys, thats what i needed to know.
Arathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 07:43 PM   #9
jamalez
The Magister

where do you get the stone that you need to get into the house?
Old 03-03-2003, 08:50 PM   #10
Shadowbane
Dungeon Master

It's a pretty common gem (it's colored like a rainbow). I've found quite a few (maybe a dozen or so) while playing through SoA. They usually pop up while finishing quests or defeating "boss" monsters.
Shadowbane is offline   Reply With Quote