Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2003, 08:48 PM   #1
Sythe
Ra

I have a great idea for a mod but it must have been already done though I think it was done in Icewind Dale 2.

Having race kits you heard me if you choose elf for example you can choose to be a drow a sun elf etc
Dwarf Duregar regular etc etc
Gnome well uh one I made up Blood Gnomes a huge tribe of gnomes that are all bezerkers all started by my future Gnome Bezerker.
Halfling uh regular and Sam Gamgee type of halflings you know those *Queer types*

The possibilites are endless but each would have thieir own weakness like for example for the drow they would be weaker under sunlight and you know what for this pretty narly idea I am not going to make it you know why? Cause I don't know how and I don't have the time too much going where I am from. But its pretty cool idea eh.
Old 02-07-2003, 06:52 AM   #2
Annatar
Mephistopheles

TDD has such kits (like a Duergar warrior (playing with it this game so )

visit the Darkest Day site here:

http://www.teambg.net/tdd/

all the classes have minor weaknesses, like the drow species (cleric,warrior,assasin ect) have a penalty on there chararisma because they are the most hatred race in the Forgotten Realms... just check out the TDD site for more info about the classes and kits

[edit]: drow warriors make excellent wizard-slayers because of there natural resisstance towards magic, high levels it can become like 60% resistance

[ 02-07-2003, 06:55 AM: Message edited by: Annatar ]
Old 02-07-2003, 06:08 PM   #3
Arias De'Minal
Manshoon

I always thaught a mod that let you recliam vengance on all of amn for everything they put you through would be cool. You could do this evil i guess but youd miss out and the mod would have different story parts or something.

Maybe I just need to get in a fight with a cowled again.
Old 02-08-2003, 05:03 AM   #4
Vedran
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Annatar:
[edit]: drow warriors make excellent wizard-slayers because of there natural resisstance towards magic, high levels it can become like 60% resistance
An extract from Monstrous Manual(tm):
"Perhaps it is the common use of magic in drow society that has given the dark elves their incredible resistance. Drow have a base resistance to magic of 50%, which increases by 2% for each level of experience. (Multi-classed drow gain the bonus from only the class in which they have the highest level.) All dark elves save vs. all forms of magical attack (including devices) with a+2 bonus. Thus, a 5th-level drow has a 60% base magic resistance and a +2 bonus to her saving throws vs. spells that get past her magic resistance."

Natural Magic Resistance cap is at 80%. That implies that a dark elf will not gain anymore after level 15.

I think TDD incorporates this in the same way, except of the multiclassed Drow, who get 2% each level, and I don't think there is a cap.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 12:29 PM   #5
Annatar
Mephistopheles

here some info about the Drow warriors in the mod The darkest day (got if of there i-net site so...)

-----------------------------------Darkest Day---------------------------------

Drow Warrior (Fighter)
Advantages:
Can have 5 slots devoted to two handed and sword and shield fighting style
Gain Burning Hands innate at levels 1 and 12
Gain Shadow Door innate at level 1 and 12
Gains 5% - 10% magic resistance per level up to level 10, then they gain 5% every 2 level up to level 18

Disadvantages:
Not proficient with ranged weapons
Can only have a max of 8 charisma
Must be evil
Can gain only 4 slots, not 5, to all weapons
Require a minimum of 16 strength and 10 intelligence
As a drow, they lose 2 THAC0 and AC during the daytime hours when outside. Also, they are also a most hated race, so raids from their racial enemies are always on the cards.

The Drow warriors are looked down upon by the elitist nobility of the dark elves. However, the other noble races tremble in fear of these dreaded fighters. Charging into battle clad in adamantite armor, the drow warrior wields fearsome two-handed weapons that can easily cleave a grow man in twain. Their vicious training allows them to far exceed the skill of the average warrior with these weapons. These terrifying warriors bear an innate resistance to magic which grows with their experience and skill. As a result of constant exposure to magical attacks in the vanguard of the drow forces, they develop immunity to spells faster than their drow brethren. Through the divine favor of Lloth, her footsoldiers gain the ability to call down unholy fire upon their foes and use the shadows to escape dangerous situations. However, the cumbersome armor and bulky weapons which these drow bear prevent them from using any sort of ranged weapons. Unlike the other drow, the warriors do not benefit from their inborn agility as it is hampered by the heavy equipment they are forced to bear.

-----------------------------------Darkest Day---------------------------------

pretty powerfull when used right (no fighting @ daytime ) and indeed the OVERWHELMING MR is really usefull, and there is a cap so you see
Old 02-08-2003, 02:43 PM   #6
Vedran
Lord Soth

It ranges from 70% to 120%.
And 101% is enough for invulnerability to magic, if I am correct.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 03:11 PM   #7
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by Vedran:
It ranges from 70% to 120%.
And 101% is enough for invulnerability to magic, if I am correct.
I'm not pretty sure about that but... it's enough for me though.... 101% MR is ENORMOUS... but it doesn't have a cap just for fun I think,, don't know the reason but.... never mind we are getting off-topic here.. the TDD Drow warrior simple rocks I think...
Old 02-08-2003, 03:12 PM   #8
xanderwatts
The Magister

I think that a resistance of 101% means 1% of all damage of that type actually heals the character.
Old 02-08-2003, 09:14 PM   #9
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by xanderwatts:
I think that a resistance of 101% means 1% of all damage of that type actually heals the character.
iirc, that's magical damage resistance not magic resistance. magic resistance just determines whether or not the spell will work, a 101% would just be extra in case something happened that lowered their resistanc(most commonly the spell)