Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2002, 07:39 PM   #1
Lavindathar
Harper

I'm considering an X-Box for Xmas, even though I already have a PS2.

It just looks good, and I dnt really want anything else. How does it rate?

This is the deal I'm looking at: http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/...XBX&MODE=4PACK

I know its great value!

Would I need a memory card on top of that?
Old 12-18-2002, 07:51 PM   #2
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
I'm considering an X-Box for Xmas, even though I already have a PS2.

It just looks good, and I dnt really want anything else. How does it rate?

This is the deal I'm looking at: http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/...XBX&MODE=4PACK

I know its great value!

Would I need a memory card on top of that?
The PS2 has better gameplay and controls, period.

The XBox is another attempt by Micro$haft to hijack an industry - if we ignore it, it just might go away.

Oh, and I don't think you need a memory card. IIRC, there's a hard-drive inside.
Old 12-18-2002, 07:55 PM   #3
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

it's finally got a few games besides halo that make it worth buying(splinter cell, MGS2 w/ extras, some others i can't think of) but i know splinter cell is coming out for the pc and some others too
Old 12-18-2002, 08:53 PM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
There's one big difference... the games for PS2 are much cheaper.
Old 12-18-2002, 11:18 PM   #5
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
There's one big difference... the games for PS2 are much cheaper.
In Australia they are the same price...weird!

XBOX is a great console and has some sweet games. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2002, 03:41 AM   #6
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

In some part of asia, the price of any one game (either XBOX or PS2) is only about USD 2.00 (yes, 2 dollar) but of course these are the not-so original ones.
Old 12-19-2002, 03:51 AM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

just wondering, does X-BOX also have DRE ( Disk Reading Error ) problem like PS2 has?
Old 12-19-2002, 03:56 AM   #8
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
just wondering, does X-BOX also have DRE ( Disk Reading Error ) problem like PS2 has?
PS2's have disk reading errors? Mine seems alright....
Old 12-19-2002, 04:07 AM   #9
Sio

Basically XBox is great.
The PS2 is great and the Gamecube is great.
There are not best ones, sales represent the publics favour which is mostly made up of your average Joe who go with the PS2 as its now established itself as not just a gaes machiine but a way of 'life'. Popular with children and your boozy middleaged man who wants a 10minute crash around on GTA3 with his mates before going out.
Each console has its own bitching games.
PS2 - GTA3, FFX, Gran Turismo
Gamecube - Metroid, Nightfire, Zelda, Super Mario Sunshine
Xbox - Halo, Splinter Cell, Champ Manager

The XBox is the simplest format to program for, using windows programs, more and more developers are catching on and developing kickass games for it, especially since their dramatic price-drop.
You alread have a PS2 right, so id say go with the XBox, purely because at the moement I dont understand where Nintendo stand, and neither does anyone else except Nintendo. They seem to be completly shunning their customer base outside of Japan at the mo, die hard fans are keeping it alive in the Uk and America, in Japan everyones crazy for Nintendo, what with theyre repeated setbacks and lack of in-house develpoed games. Unless they buck their ideas up they could have a very shortlived console.
Its up to you in the end, but people who keep shunning Xbxo and going on about MicroSoft been evil and trying to own everything - thats old, find soomething new to complain about, not new, not funny, sad.
Old 12-19-2002, 05:59 AM   #10
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

I won an Xbox in a competition on the net but have only used it to play DVDs on as I resent paying £45 for a game. In the UK anyway Xbox games are still about £10 more expensive than PS2 games.