Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2002, 04:58 PM   #1
D*Ranged

They are great. They can fire arrows ALMOST like a fighter, they CAN fight, they CAN cast magic, AND they work well in solo/party. I plan to try them...now. Any advice for a veteran noob like me?
Old 11-06-2002, 05:59 PM   #2
I wish my name was Baggins
Elminster

I am assuming that F/M is fighter/Mage? or am I wrong?
Old 11-06-2002, 06:51 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by D*Ranged:
I plan to try them...now. Any advice for a veteran noob like me?
Mirror Image, then Tank. With Wands and scrolls in your Quick Items. Boo-ya. What's a "veteran noob?"
Old 11-06-2002, 07:53 PM   #4
D*Ranged

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
quote:
Originally posted by D*Ranged:
I plan to try them...now. Any advice for a veteran noob like me?
Mirror Image, then Tank. With Wands and scrolls in your Quick Items. Boo-ya. What's a "veteran noob?" [/QUOTE]I played this for 2 years, and managed to finish this game NOT even once. Also I get bored of ANY charactrs quickly. So now I decided to play Arcanum until I have a *fresh* mindset. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-06-2002, 07:55 PM: Message edited by: D*Ranged ]
Old 11-06-2002, 11:17 PM   #5
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Question Mark

Yep, Mirror Image and Blur are musts! Give em proficiencies in long bow, and then either halberds or two-handed swords, so they can attack from behind tanks and not take too much damage. There's actually a step-by-step walkthrough by a guy with a F/M who takes it through BG1->TotSC->BG2->ToB. If you want I can rustle up a link for ya.

Only problem is, especially if you take em through BG2/ToB, you'll want 5 close-to-max stats, necessitating a huge roll, unless you stock up hardcore on the Wis boosting stuff (in BG 1, TotSC, and the end of BG 2, you can gain up to 5 points in Wis.)