Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2002, 10:51 PM   #1
Savage
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi All!
I do have a question:
There was kind of a communication problem with erathsmedor. I gave him the shroud, but as I wanted to say the ritual words I just couldn't. I typed the words but nothing did appear in the output window. However, out of boredom I began to fight erathsmedor just to look what happens...
It really was not my intention to kill him but in the end he was dead.
So was this a bug with the communcation? And is there any disadvantage I can expect after killing the dragon? At least I've got the Mavin anyway and quite a lot of experinece.

Actually, I'm in the Skull Castle.
And me has also a problem there. I've got the Lich key from Adrianna but have no clue about where to use it. I've read in a spoiler that there is a room 'behind'(?) the Lich with treasure, but all the rooms are already open and the Lich key was not necessary to open them...
So where is the door to this key?

And a plea to the admin. Get this search option back on service soon. It helps a lot in finding specific topics.

Thanks for any help [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-31-2002, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: Savage ]
Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 10:59 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Savage,

I'd suggest cruising the best tips thread for a bit. In there, you'll find out how to have a smooth conversation with Erathsmedor (click on the word instead of typing it, or click after you have typed it), as well as the skinny on what happens when you violate the sacred oath of the mavin that you swore in Nivius' tomb. In short, nothing negative will happen to you, although you've put Hephaestus out of work and broken Erzebette's heart...

The key actually goes to a locked door in the lich's study. You may have to look closely for the door; it looks a lot like a stained-glass window, and is easy to miss.

And I'm sure Xignal will get the search function going when he can. Remember, the board is worth every penny or pfennig you pay for it...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 04:21 AM   #3
Radek
Red Dragon

1. Erathsmedor. According to my experience, you must not type in the holy word. The dragon will not react. You must select the word from the list (D'Soto has placed it on the list). Why? I don't know.

2. The Lich Key. It opens the level 12 lock in the study behind the lich. When you will play the game next time [img]smile.gif[/img] then take the ring instead. The lock can be picked:
- by a thief class character with Traps and Locks 12
- by a non-thief characters with Sorcery 12 by casting Disarm Traps spell on the lock. A non-thief character cannot pick the lock even with Traps and Locks 12.
In the other words, you do not need the key. Also, I am not sure whether the skill requirements cannot be lowered.

Note about the ring: Is it too bad that you took the key? No. The ring crashes the game when you equip it. You cannot use it but you can sell it. In the other words, you have lost about 14000 gold. That's all.
Old 08-01-2002, 07:06 AM   #4
Savage
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Don't worry I still have a savegame, can pick the ring and sell it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

But what concerns Erathsmedor, believe me, I tried everything. Click the word in the list, write it and click, just write and hit return.
Nothing did work. But what I can say is, after killing the dragon, I loaded a savegame just before meeting him and then everything worked!?
I continued as dragonslayer though, I can live being the heartbreaker from Erzebette when receiving 300'000 Exp in reward.

I thought the Level 12 lock could be the door. But the spoiler I have read told me off chests not of just one chest?!
Actually I just picked this sturdy lock as I passed by and without the key. After my level 6 thief failed miserably, I brute forced the lock open. It was very easy, maybe I had quite a bit of luck.
I far from having a charakter with sorcery or traps and lock level 12. Think I need to spend some more money for my thiefy then.

My Warlockness has Level 11 Artifacts but still cannot identify all the stuff I can find (Lich staff). Can I expect her to be able to identify everything on level 12? And do I really have to spend 130'000 Gold for this? Or can I get a discount somewhere?

What about this Lich Staff. It seems to be an allmigty weapon according to our rotted friend but if you look at it, it's an ordinary staff. Is there a hidden power which only waits to be released?

Thank you much for the help! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2002, 08:13 AM   #5
Radek
Red Dragon

Erathsmedor. It was my experience. I typed in "Elseramavin" and nothing happened. I picked the word from the quest list and I got the reaction. Perhaps, the problem is not so simple. I don't know.
Anyway, the dragon should be told that it is not a good idea to blast fireballs on paceful people below

Artifacts. Yes, you will be able to identify everything at 12. Yes, it's a good idea to train artifacts to 12.
Money: You can generate money in the inn if you are unpatched. You can sell blessed arrows if you are patched.

The staff. It is the Staff of Death. Only two weapons in the game can hit Cet: The Mavin Sword and the Staff of Death. Cet is immune to all other weapons and to all(?) spells. Also, the staff opens one door in the Skull Castle and allows you to enter Anephas Shrine. Otherwise, you should have better weapons than the staff in your inventory [img]smile.gif[/img]

The treasure. Yes, only one chest is behind the level 12 lock. But the chest is highly fortified as far as treasure is concerned. Among others, you should get Mage Robe+4 or Priest Robe+4, and the Ward of Magic. It's always a good idea to save the game before opening this chest and open the chest repeatedly if necessary [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2002, 12:42 PM   #6
Savage
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Blessed arrows? I take the Ring of Mariin. I sell it for 7000 and buy it back for 2000. But I don't feel good doing it. I try to avoid it. How much is the income with the arrows?

And then. It happened again. The living oaktree. It babbled for ages but didn't want to give me the seed. So all I could do is kill it and get the seed that way. I've been again rewarded billions of exp for it. Each of my characters jumped about 7 levels up what is not bad after all. Is there another way than the savage way to get the seed or is it true that one thing you can learn in this game is that violence against friendly beings always pays off? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2002, 01:39 PM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

When you have the fletchery skill, you can make arrows. If you're equipped with a blessed arrow, you make blessed arrows. If you're equiped with a Dragon Arrow +12 Damage, you make arrows you can sell for close to a million a piece.

So get a dragon arrow back from Torin, bless it to the hilt, and get a-fletchin'!

As for Oakenmir, it's sad that the only seed available on this side of the Lost Sea is held by that venerable old tree. You might have tried to steal it from him instead of killing him for it, but I've never succeeded with it.

But only seven levels up? Seems to me I raised something like 30 levels, the one time I killed him.

That just made me think of a way to get seeds on this side. Doesn't Oakenmir call bark horrors when he's fighting you? You can get the seeds from them without having to kill him. You just have to worry about him sneaking up behind you when you least expect it.

And yes, sadly, there is no impact on your game for the useless slaughter of innocents. Wish there were...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 05:36 AM   #8
Radek
Red Dragon

As far as the "Bark Horror Seed" quest is concerned. Rumor is that you can Vanish to the part of the map behind the Anephas Shrine. This would be the way. There are always bags of Bark Horrors near the Pyramid. And there are many "thin walls" between the first and the second part of the map. I've never tried it.
Old 08-02-2002, 06:43 AM   #9
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

You can get the seeds from bark horrors. You will need one for every charactor that akes on the quest.
There are bark horros near the pyramid. You can get there by climbing the town gate & walking over the top of the trees to get to the other sea(see best hints).
Old 08-02-2002, 07:22 AM   #10
Savage
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Tanks for the tips !
I ve never met a bark horror so far. We will see.
I really need fletchery then because I have a Ranger with blessed dragon arrows and they do a good job.
Besides I'm amazed to see the handweapons become at last evenly powerful compared to magic. Even ranged weapons can be useful when blessed.
Personally I think its not good to have all these money 'cheats'. It makes you godlike. If there was a second patch which fixes this, I would use it in an instant.