Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2004, 04:12 PM   #131
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

The duo reached the gate in a matter of minutes, but were accosted briefly by the guards.

"My ladies, are you leaving the city on your own? The road is dangerous."

"Worry not, good sir, we are well equipped for the journey."

"May I inquire as to your destination?"

Beneath her hood Sayn's expression turned to to suspicion. Alri's warning eyes burned in the back of her mind like candles, filling her skull with smoke, reminding her to keep hidden. She cleared her throat and steadily lied, "We are ultimately off to the city of Neverwinter, sir."

The guard nodded with a slight grimace (which he obviously attempted to conceal), and leaned his weight on the shaft of his spear. "Very well then, I wish you fair journey."

Sayn returned the nod and stepped calmly under the arch of the gates, then onto the vast ribbon of road they would be following for the rest of the day...
Killing Spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 09:00 PM   #132
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

"Oh, everyone's a hero to somebody," Sive answered seriously. "But does everyone want to be a hero?" she added with a smile. Whenever the creature appeared to be serious, she would start to speak in riddles or laugh, ruining the mood. Perhaps she was as light-hearted and innocent as she seemed... or was she?

"Well, I'm sure the Eastern lady will be fine, she looked like she could take care of herself," Sive told Markul reassurringly. "But... if you're still worried about her safety, we could follow just in case..." she added with a cheeky grin. "It's up to you. I'll call Lark once we're out of the city boundaries."

ooc- Larry, feel free to lead our two characters where you will [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-05-2004, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: Skydracgrrl ]
Skydracgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 12:16 AM   #133
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>Hopefully, I will be able to do that, but I currently have several members and people from another website calling for my execution right now...so who knows what tomorrow holds.

IC>>>
Markul

Markul pondered upon this choice. He had this hunch about the cloaked one, but had no proof that she was of any concern. It was just an itch that he had in his mind that something would come of her. Now he, a shifter and a rogue along with a lady that could speak with unseen things about but hiding were going to get involved in this with no actual purpose other than to satisfy a curiosity. And the all-seeing tag-alonger was actually going to follow him around to chase after his whims? It sounded like a badly scripted comedy/drama that he could not find his way out of, but he had to admit one thing. It would be more interesting than hanging around here and getting into trouble with boring local law enforcement. Therefore, the open road to spy upon the stranger was of the type of opportunity to real fun that he could think of.

"I pray you forgive me, then...as I am on the road to discover this adventure, and mayhaps take part in it. If you will go, I would enjoy the companionship. Let us make haste and pick up their trail. Can you follow them safely and discreetly with your powers...or shall I become a canine and sniff them out?"

OOC>>>I did not want to take away from your posting, Skye...so I wanted to give you the option of the tracker for a while, or I can take it. I prefer you make the call.

[ 02-06-2004, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 09:20 AM   #134
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

For two hours, the hooded couple made good distance with a steady walk that brook no laziness, yet brought no unnecessary fatigue. Peeking out of her little shelter, Ji Xiang's eyes brightened at the sight of the peaceful countryside ~ How perfectly charming... ~ She licked her lips, trying to ignore the dryness of her mouth, then another thought struck her ~ If she was all that thirsty the first time I laid eyes on her, perhaps she is thirsty now. ~ Giving a slight cough, she waited for Sayn to turn around as she swung her cloth bundle forward, untied it and produced a sheepskin waterbottle.

"Would you like a drink?"

[ 02-06-2004, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 03:46 PM   #135
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Sayn eyed the waterskin dubiously for a moment then smiled genuinely and nodded. "Yes, thank you." She took a few sips of the contents, finding the coolness calming. The drums slowed their beat and she inhaled deeply, satisfied. She handed the bottle back to Xiang, whispered a thank you, and stretched her muscles a moment before walking on. It was almost as if she was finding this journey soothing.
Old 02-06-2004, 05:42 PM   #136
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Her sharp ears picked out the steadier breathing of her companion and she smiled as the waterbottle came back to her hands. Swigging a mouthful, she stoppered it and glanced around, surveying their surroundings.

"Do you think you'd like a rest, or shall we press on?"
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 10:35 PM   #137
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

ooc-well, I wouldn't want to put your character out or anything... [img]smile.gif[/img]

ic- Sive cocked her head, thoughtfully. "Yes, I could follow their path. But if you prefer to track them, I will willingly follow." She smiled benignly. "It makes no difference to me. If it will add to the excitement for you, then go ahead. But I suggest that we discuss this outside the city limits, before any trail they leave grows cold... and before my presence in their rooms is questioned," Sive added, gesturing at her appearance then at Markul's current alias.

[ 02-06-2004, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: Skydracgrrl ]
Old 02-06-2004, 11:08 PM   #138
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

"Oh...you're right. Ok...since it costs me energy to shift, maybe you should try to follow. I will just alter my appearance a bit to not cost me much, and we will be gone."

Markul shifted around a bit to change his face to appear as though he were the Easterner's older self. She and Sive then were free to leave the room to catch up to their hunted people.

[ 02-06-2004, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 11:22 PM   #139
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

ooc- replied to pm inquiry, Larry.

ic- Once outside the boundaries, Sive rubbed her hands together gleefully. "Alrighty then, lets see." Her eyes got the familiar glazed look, and as she stared off into space, her head tilted to one side, her lips slowly began to move as if of their own accord. Lark appeared and alighted on her shoulder, but remained silent and merely twisted a strand of Sive's hair in his beak affectionately while she continued to mumble silently to the surrounding countryside.

Slowly, she regained consciousness. "Well, it seems they were seen heading off in that direction, at an easy pace," she pointed. "The pair didn't seem in any hurry." Sive smiled at Markul eagerly, as if pleased she was able to accomplish what he asked.
Old 02-06-2004, 11:30 PM   #140
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Sayn looked to the horizon and noted the position of the sun. "Hmmm..." It was a tempting idea for a moment, to relax and make herself comfortable, but then it seemed moronic in the next. She inhaled audibly before replying, her eyes still distantly focused. "Ahhh, we should keep moving. We are making good time, but there is still a long road ahead of us." Satisfied with her decree, Sayn nodded and began to stride forward again. "Come, at this rate we will midway before nightfall."

[ 02-06-2004, 11:30 PM: Message edited by: Killing Spree ]