Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2004, 11:11 AM   #111
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

ooc- I feel your pain, Larry. I've had that happen to me too often to count.

ic- Upon reaching the One-Eyed Wolf, Sive paused outside of it, contemplating. "Hmmm... Okay, I have an idea."

She turned towards Markul with a smile. "Since you said they're leaving, then they'd have to turn in the keys to their rooms. You try and get her key by renting out the room or something, and I'll talk to some of the patrons," she outlined her plan with hand gestures.

"I think I'd draw too much attention if I tried to get the key," she added with an appologetic pout. "You look normal enough in that guise... the plan sound okay?"

[ 01-28-2004, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: Skydracgrrl ]
Skydracgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 04:25 PM   #112
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Sayn nodded softly. "Yes, let's be off." She craned her neck to look out a nearby window with the shades drawn and smiled approvingly. "Come, we should travel as far as we can while the weather is fine like this."
Killing Spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 06:53 PM   #113
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

She nodded briefly ~ "Seeing as there's no one manning the counter at this time of the day... do you reckon that it's alright to just leave the keys somewhere at the bar? Tied with a little note, I mean?" ~ Here was a little challenge indeed, for if they had to wait for the inn people to awake, there was no telling how much delay they would face ~ "Or do you suggest that we risk a little unhappiness by waking them up at this hour?" ~ Pursing her lips, she had another moment's thought ~ "If the trip will be a short one and we have sufficient funds, I suppose we could pay to keep our rooms till our return." ~ In the darkness of the room, a beam of light bounced off her left eye ~ "I'll abide by your decision."
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 09:15 PM   #114
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Sayn chortled slightly at her comrade's inexperience and doubt. "I'm sure they won't mind, so long as we don't steal the bloody things. Just leave them on the bar. We only paid for a night, they'll get the idea."

By the blood of Asmodus, where did this girl come from? She's such a doe...
Old 01-28-2004, 09:49 PM   #115
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

It was just as well that both of them were wearing their hoods, she could feel her cheeks sizzling away as she heard Sayn’s chortle ~ “I see that inns work differently in this part of the world.” ~ Another moment in the tavern would bring on another crisis that rendered vulnerable to disapproval. Walking up to the unmanned counter, she deposited the keys in an empty drawer and brisk-walked back to her companion ~ “Let’s go already, my feet are impatient.” ~ Together, they made their way to the side-door of the tavern, swung it open and exited silently and swiftly.
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 09:55 PM   #116
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

"Right...I am on it then."

Markul walked through the door and started toward the counter where a man would be waiting to rent rooms upstairs. However, Markul stopped short when he saw the two females chatting near the counter, with no clerk in sight. It was still very early and nobody else was in the room, so it was an awkward moment...but they did not see him, or if they did, they paid him no attention. He watched them walk to the door to leave.

He played out the role of a monk and shuffled his way over toward the counter. Just to play the part, Markul began reciting scripts that he had heard another monk do once, as he casually made his way to the counter. All the while, he kept his ears open to hear if someone was going to catch him. He made it to the counter, and grabbed up the two keys. Hiding them within the folds of his sleeve, he turned and started working his way back to the door where his partner in crime would meet him.

OOC>>>I got your message Mistral. I am also surprised that you were able to beat me to the post just now! Is there anything else I can do to be of help?

[ 01-28-2004, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 10:12 PM   #117
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

Sive walked in after Markul and stiffled a giggle as she heard him start chanting gibberish in a monotone voice. Noticing the two females, who were the only ones in the room, she approached them with a bright smile on her face.

"Good morning," she said brightly, blinking her unsettling eyes benignly at them. "How are you on this fine day? I always find traveling to be very energizing," Sive rambled to the two. She seemed quite comfortable talking to strangers...
Old 01-28-2004, 10:19 PM   #118
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Markul paused, gasped and was surprised to see that the two had been stopped by Sive just at the door. Wasn't she the go-getter! He took a seat at a table and continued his chant, appearing lost in meditation.

[ 01-28-2004, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 03:52 PM   #119
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Irinisayn looked perplexedly at Sive for a moment, her lips forming a thin line. "We are quite well, but I fear also quite pressed to be off. Excuse us." She shot a quick glance to Xiang to make sure she followed, then sidestepped and started toward the door again.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:29 PM   #120
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

Sive's face fell in response to the abrupt remark. "Oh... well... sorry to have bothered you. Just trying to be friendly is all. Before you leave, do you recommend this inn?" Her face had brightened again, and she looked at the two with an expression of curiousity. "I hope it wasn't too expensive, I don't... really... um... have any money," she finished with a sheepish laugh. "Usually I find something more useful to the innkeeper than money," she smiled oddly, her green flecked eye and blind eye casting a disconcerting gaze on the two feminine travelers.