Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2004, 03:05 PM   #1
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Ive just discovered Soundgarden, the hard rock band, and ive got to hand it to the guys: they sure as hell know how to make music! I bought Superunknown, Badmotorfinger and Down on the Upside cd's, and frankly, been listening to them non-stop for the last few days! Damn that Cornell has like the perfect voice for the genre of music...great stuff!

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Old 03-11-2004, 03:15 PM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

You're a bit late, but at least you've good taste.
Soundgarden was pretty cool. The videoclip for Black Hole Sun's a classic. You might like the other bands from that era/genre, such as Alice In Chains, as well. If you don't already know them, that is. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2004, 02:02 AM   #3
Chewbacca
Zartan

Temple of the Dog is good to, a collaboration between members of Soundgarden and Pearl Jam (another great "grunge" band). Cornell and Vedder are two great voices that go great together. (did I just sound like a commercial?)

Not to mention Audioslave, Cornell's latest stuff with the former RATM- minus Zack whathisname the singer.
Old 03-12-2004, 02:44 AM   #4
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

I'm just waiting for Groj to show up and give us all a complete run-down of painfully obscure (Norwegian) rock groups - you're in for a real treat then, Raistlin [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2004, 02:47 AM   #5
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
Temple of the Dog is good to, a collaboration between members of Soundgarden and Pearl Jam (another great "grunge" band). Cornell and Vedder are two great voices that go great together. (did I just sound like a commercial?)

Not to mention Audioslave, Cornell's latest stuff with the former RATM- minus Zack whathisname the singer.
Zack De La Rocha [img]smile.gif[/img]

And Eddie Vedder was really pissed off with Temple of the Dog after they cut down his vocals to just one measly song (even though Hunger Strike is an awesome lil' ditty). He originally laid down vocal tracks to most of the songs on the album, but the band (ie: the egocentric Cornell) figured that his deep, resonating tones were too much in contrast to Cornells raspier, higher tunes. But I personally think Cornell just didn't like sharing the frontman limelight. Politics in art... go figure.

Oh, and of course you have great taste Raistlin! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] I remember getting a whole bunch of detention when I was 16 for swearing at the Deputy Principal when he told me to shave off my pathetic attempt at growing a Chris Cornell goatee
Old 03-12-2004, 02:49 AM   #6
Melusine
Dracolisk

Heh heh Aledrain

Chewbacca, good call, I was going to mention Temple of the Dog in my list of bands I used to listen to when I listened to Soundgarden, which I was going to post if Raistlin ever came back to this thread.
Old 03-12-2004, 02:57 AM   #7
Chewbacca
Zartan

Heirophant,

Thanks, I knew it was Da La sumthingoranother. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I thought that many of those unreleased TOTD tracks are/were available in "unofficial" form. I vaguely recall hearing some of them at one point a while back. Perhaps it was just a live PJ covers minus Cornell. I don't remember. I will ask my Pearl Jam-obsessed fiance which of her many old-school PJ related bootlegs contain those songs. Thanks to her, I have heard way to much Pearl Jam and can't keep it all straight! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Ah.... I'm wearing a flannel tomorrow for old times sake.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:06 AM   #8
Smoothie
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
You're a bit late, but at least you've good taste.
Soundgarden was pretty cool. The videoclip for Black Hole Sun's a classic. You might like the other bands from that era/genre, such as Alice In Chains, as well. If you don't already know them, that is. [img]smile.gif[/img]
erg I loathe that video, it is so frickin annoying with those pulled faces. grrr. (sorry, i will return to my obscurity now)
Old 03-12-2004, 10:13 AM   #9
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:

I ordered a Pearl Jam cd yesterday over the internet, and still totally psyched up by this stuff! Ill have to look into AIC later...kind of running low on cash . Audioslave is probably something worth looking into, since it does have one of the greatest voices known to mankind as the leadsinger...

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Heh heh Aledrain

Chewbacca, good call, I was going to mention Temple of the Dog in my list of bands I used to listen to when I listened to Soundgarden, which I was going to post if Raistlin ever came back to this thread.
Still lurking around...schoolwork is just chipping away my forum time ! Already own a cd of TOTD, and its definately a great band with some mind-blowing tunes! RATM is also to my liking...

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."