Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2001, 10:42 AM   #11
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Yorick--Good to hear that your travels are going well. Nashville? Not going Country Western on us are you Even if you are in TN, I hope you are enjoying the States

Hope to hear more about your travels. NYC is a must see if you can swing it!

Take care and safe sojourning (is that a word )

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Old 07-19-2001, 11:41 AM   #12
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hugh! Hi!

Glad you got them and hope they help on the trek from Nashville to New York.

Take care of yourself!

Love 'ya!

*Hugs*

------------------
Order of the Holy Flame
Member of Clan HADB

Old 07-19-2001, 01:10 PM   #13
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

JJ, Lord Shield and my fellow Sojourner Moridin! Thanks guys! Glad to hear from you both. Guess I'll see you more in the winter JJ.
I read somewhere Moridin, you were meeting folks from the net. How did it go?

Hey if any one sees Robert the Bard, Absynthe or Zoratorak (Haliokar or whatever his name is now) say g'day.

Bahamut, if you read this, I am going to get to the Phillipines one day my friend. I met a dude in Singapore who invited me over there. At the moment tourists seem a bit like fair game though. How is that situation looking? Haven't heard about it for a while.

Mem, I'll check that thread.

Cloudy, Ta for the info. Yep, I'm heading up there soonish. Not sure exactly when, but I've got about seven or eight good r/l friends I'm going to catch up with. Can't wait. I know Leonis hasn't been here as I keep in touch with him, but he has my computer and I'm paying for his connection so he has no excuse! LEONIS WHERE THE F#$* ARE YOU!

Mel, got yr mail. Responded already

Moiraine say a big hello to Luc and Marko. How is the maestro doing?

Reeka, Slackerboy, Nick, John D, will talk soon.

Bilqis you're a sweetie.

Anyhow, Nashville is very leafy, very green. Like living in a forest sometimes. Where I'm staying there are such beautiful Southern houses. Incredible vibe. I stood out on a porch last night listening to some Swamp and Delta Blues, Cajun music and some Country and soaked up the relevance of the music in it's heartland. No I'm not going country on you guys as I'm working on some pop/R&B sort of stuff, yes in Nashville But the players I've heard here are incredible. So "in the pocket". Saw an unknown youngish Black singer last week. Brilliant. Pop/rock with a strong groove element. Sung great, looked great, played like a "mofo" - no record deal. What's the story?

Having a ball.

Aah listening to some scintillating fiddle playing. Looking out a window at some inviting green foliage, and will soon go lie on a hammock while the dog sleeps in the shade. Then I'll get to work

Anyhow take care y'all. Let me know how the hell y'all are.

Ah Emmylou's "Wrecking Ball" is playing - Orphan Girl is the song. Lanois is a genius is he not?

Hey anyone into Tony Joe White here?

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 07-19-2001, 04:47 PM   #14
Hesperex

Yorick!
nice to see you again, been away myself for a wile, how have you been then?

------------------

My website http://hesperex.8k.com
Hesperex Freth: 1st son of Matron Mother Shi'nayne Freth, 1st house of Ched'Nesad. Weapon master and patron of house Freth.

Old 07-19-2001, 05:35 PM   #15
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yorick, how's it going! I was just playing your wonderful CDs for the 40 billionth time. Girlfriend likes 'em too. Glad to see you're having a good time in the states...and Cloudy is right, I've been working too hard lately and not coming here nearly enough, but I'm trying to come here more...

Hope everything goes well for you, and enjoy your time here.

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Consort to a Queen
Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
Heart, Mind, and Soul
Offical Wizard and Warrior Questioner

()xxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::>
Old 07-19-2001, 06:09 PM   #16
Epona
Zartan

Hi Yorick!!
Good to see the jumping egg again, always makes me smile.
Sounds like you're having a good time - is there anywhere you haven't been?!!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 07-19-2001, 06:35 PM   #17
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Yorick - Glad your trip so far has been eggceptional! Hey, remember back a few months ago when you mentioned actually trying a can of SPAM? Well I found myself in a similar position a month ago, went to visit relatives in the mountains and guess what they served for breakfast with the eggs? Yep, they fried it up and dropped it with a greasy slop-sound on my plate. I took one bite, just out of morbid curiosity Tasted salty beyond salty (wonder what they are covering up with all that salt?), and just basically it was one of the most hideous things I have ever eaten in my entire life! Couldn't bear to eat another f&*&%$# bite (dog loved it though)

Hesperex! Long time no see! Nice sig! Oh, wait, that image still remains burned on my retinas!

Black Knight - Hiya! I SWEAR I will be mailing that book to you soon, so sorry it is taking so long, been busy at work as well, but I PROMISE I will get it to you as soon as I get a chance to hit the Post Office! How's things going with the long hours? Are you getting through it OK?

Epona! Haven't seen you much lately, how have you been?! Did you get all those household repairs sorted?
Old 07-20-2001, 12:40 AM   #18
nick1979
Zhentarim Guard

Hey Yoric..Long time no see..Ha ha

------------------
Old 07-20-2001, 12:49 AM   #19
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

yoric doesn't post much because his connection sucks.
it takes forever to load a post.

You guys should here him use his "Southern" accent
funny,
You should hear me with my "aussie" accent and yoric's "southern"
what a hoot!

------------------

Get The IronWorks Winamp skin
Slackerboys Custom Characters
Old 07-20-2001, 04:06 PM   #20
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Slacker, Nick I'm in Comp USA. On a notebook. Should've done this a while back I give you a call re. tonight.

Epona, Hesperex, good to see you guys! Long time no read. Epona have you posted those photos yet? Hesperex I'm doing well. In the forest-that-is-Nashville, centre of a large music industry.

Hey I saw Wolgir has made a return. The Swedish Wolf. How goes it mate (if you're reading.)

BK! Well I'm glad your other half likes the stuff mate! Thanks and good to see you. I've got some new stuff I should be able to put up on Stealthys site soon.

Talk more later

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!