Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2001, 01:19 AM   #1
Soven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey All, i have been visiting this forum for about a week already but i never register because too lazy ehehe.

SPoiLER.................
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
First, this is my party
Me(Cavalier)
Aerie
Jaheira
Minsc
Yoshimo
Keldorn
HEHE i have a reputation of 18
There are a few questions i wanna ask.
1) Why can't i gain control of de'arnise keep even after i finish the quest. Nalia talked to me at the end. i tried all the answers but in the end she would say that she will let the family take control of the keep therefore no keep for me

2)I can't seem to FIND YoSHI . the building in the top right corner of the temple district only has slained people inside(been there once during Korgan Quest)

3)Is Yoshimo gonna die later in the game because now he is in my party and he is really useful.

4)Issit possible for me to LIkE Aerie(romance in the game). I have already told her i like her but she gave little response(when she argued with Jaheria)

5)My Aerie can't seem to learn the Restoration spell, why is that
does she need to wait for her level to go up?
Old 05-13-2001, 01:32 AM   #2
Pennance
The Magister

1) As a Paladin you may receive a different Keep than that of De'Arnise...although it could have been something you said. That one I'm not 100% sure of.

2) ??? (Not sure of the question)

3) Eventually you'll have to replace Yoshimo. Jan Jansen is the best bet.

4) You can become romantic with either Jaheira, Aerie, or Viconia depending on what you say to them. The romance will blossom in Throne of Bhaal, whoever you pick.

Aerie should know Lessor Restoration when she reaches that level (Cleric). Mages also have the spell at a later level, and its possible she failed the chance to learn the spell or that she is unable to learn anymore spells at that spell level.

Look into picking up Viconia, she's the only true Cleric in the game and totally kick arse. Strap a Girdle of Hill Giant Strength on her and she's got 19 Str, 19 Dex, and 18 Wis. Not bad eh? With that said and done....

Minsc and Boo stand ready.
Old 05-13-2001, 01:34 AM   #3
BladeMaster

I will answer the first question. You do not get the keep for your stronghold because you are a Paladin they get something else. Only fighters get the keep

------------------

Old 05-13-2001, 01:36 AM   #4
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

if she cant learn the spell because of inteligence then take potion to raise it temporaraly. then learn the spell.

------------------

Lord of the Screen Shot
Get My IronWorks Winamp skin
Old 05-13-2001, 01:48 AM   #5
Soven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i have the Girdle of Hill Giant Strenght on Aerie =) ehhe 19 strenght
i also have the glove/bracers of dexterity on Keldorn eheheh. Well should i just throw yoshimo away now and build up Jan's level(i talked to him already,he waiting in his house). Will i miss the story of Yoshimo if i throw him away.....

And also i am in a dilemma over weapons, i have tons of good ones and i don't know which one to use. Whats the best weapon for my characters..........
And also Is Viconia REALLY BETTER than JAheira because i am begininig to Like Jaheira's Summon Fire Elemental and also Keldorn and Minsc didn't like Viconia joining my party(will there be lots of conflicts)
Old 05-13-2001, 01:59 AM   #6
Soven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

And also how do i put back my exp cap(i removed the exp cap thing).
Old 05-13-2001, 02:44 AM   #7
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Soven:
And also how do i put back my exp cap(i removed the exp cap thing).
You remove the file(s) that are installed from the original exp cap remover zip file (which was placed in the override folder). It would be good if you have a back-up copy of your original OVERRIDE folder before installing the exp cap remover.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-13-2001, 02:49 AM   #8
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Contains minor SPOILERS:
>
>
>
>
>
>
Also, regarding Aerie and the Restoration spell, it is a cleric spell, you CANNOT learn cleric/druid spells in the game, she MUST level up to gain access to these spells.
Remember you are a paladin and since you have a rep of 18, it WILL NOT be a good idea to have Viconia in your party since she will likely to leave when your rep reaches 19 or above. And your party is good aligned and Keldorn is in there......*heeheeheeeeee*
As for weapon, it depends what weapon you've gave Keldorn and also it would be helpful if you tell us what weapons you have.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-13-2001, 03:11 AM   #9
Soven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have the Hallowed Redeemer on Keldorn,Daystar on ME(cavalier), flail of ages on Aerie, Dragon's Bane +3 on Minsc, Tansheron Bow on Yoshimo, Staff of Rynn on Jaheira(excluding sidearms liek bows and throwing axes)

those i have in bag: Rifthome AXe +3,Stonefire Axe +3, Flame tongue, Azuredge, Sword of Chaos, Staff of Thunder and Lightning,Nammara +2, Frostreaver axe, Cleric's staff +3, Rashad's Talon, Dwarwen thrower +3, Ras +2

Hehe i am playing the game in snail's pace exploring evrywhere
Old 05-13-2001, 03:20 AM   #10
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Soven:
I have the Hallowed Redeemer on Keldorn,Daystar on ME(cavalier), flail of ages on Aerie, Dragon's Bane +3 on Minsc, Tansheron Bow on Yoshimo, Staff of Rynn on Jaheira(excluding sidearms liek bows and throwing axes)

those i have in bag: Rifthome AXe +3,Stonefire Axe +3, Flame tongue, Azuredge, Sword of Chaos, Staff of Thunder and Lightning,Nammara +2, Frostreaver axe, Cleric's staff +3, Rashad's Talon, Dwarwen thrower +3, Ras +2

Hehe i am playing the game in snail's pace exploring evrywhere
And you said you are just starting?? How did you manage to get the Bag of Holding?

------------------