Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2001, 08:16 AM   #1
MagiK

Anyone been having this problem...I have to save frequently since I cant seem to play consistantly for long periods with crashing to the desktop with no warning....not that saving often isnt a good idea anyway.
Old 12-12-2001, 09:13 AM   #2
Imperativ
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've only played the demo, but it's the same...
esp when resting... suddenly, the sound of the fading spells hangs, the nothing, just the desktop...
no warning, no errormsg...
Old 12-12-2001, 10:02 AM   #3
Dajjer
The Magister

I experienced the same thing but I think I know what is going one at least in my case. It involves a couple of programs I have running in the background. Occasssionly one of the programs prompts me to do somthing and when that message comes up when I am gaming I get a crash to desktop. Since I have autosave activated for the game (saves every 5 minutes) I have never lost any significant gaming in the two or three times it has happened in one month of playing on average about 2 hours a day.
Dajjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 10:46 AM   #4
judee
Dungeon Master

I'd definitely check the background programs. I generally don't have programs that run on startup (and in the background), but I'd forgotten about my antivirus program that scans once a week automatically. It bumped me to the desktop, but when I shut it off quick, the game popped back up. So it may not be the same problem.

I'd also check driver updates on your video card, audio card, etc.

judee
judee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 10:52 AM   #5
MaskedFrog
Drow Warrior

I have had the game crash once but the game was kinda behaving funny at the time anyway. I was fighting two groups of creatures but only one showed up on the list at the top of the screen. Both groups were visible and I was in melee range. The game just crashed at that point and I just restarted and have never had a problem since. I do however turn off my virus program and close any other programs before playing so maybe that is your problem. I know from previous games that they tend to not like the virus software.
MaskedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 11:44 AM   #6
MagiK

Hmm good points...I dont have much of anything running except the game...some sound card software in the system tray and the video config software for my GeForce3 card...Ill close everything down and see what happens.