Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2003, 07:55 PM   #1
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

I hate to read walkthroughs & strategy guides, because they throw five spoilers on your face at one glance, so Iīm asking you. Itīs the first time Im going through the game. When my party was sent to Hell in SoA, Imoen didnīt follow (taking nasty items with her, or so I recall), and once Irenicus was history, I am thrown to ToB with one free slot for Sarevok. But heīs nowhere near my partyīs alignment (which includes Minsc), will this trouble? Are there mods for ToB that add new NPCs?
Old 11-30-2003, 08:47 PM   #2
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by NiceWorg:
I hate to read walkthroughs & strategy guides, because they throw five spoilers on your face at one glance, so Iīm asking you. Itīs the first time Im going through the game. When my party was sent to Hell in SoA, Imoen didnīt follow (taking nasty items with her, or so I recall), and once Irenicus was history, I am thrown to ToB with one free slot for Sarevok. But heīs nowhere near my partyīs alignment (which includes Minsc), will this trouble? Are there mods for ToB that add new NPCs?
It won't lead to trouble. In ToB, NPCs won't leave your party due to alignment. And be nice to Sarevok, you may be able to do something to him [img]smile.gif[/img]
There are mods that add new NPCs. Some are at WeiDU Mods.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 07:07 PM   #3
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

SPoilers
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
You mean get him in your party? What else are you talking about if it has anything to do with the end of the game dont tell me but if it is during the middle SPOIL me!
Old 12-01-2003, 07:33 PM   #4
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Dar'tanian:
SPoilers
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
You mean get him in your party? What else are you talking about if it has anything to do with the end of the game dont tell me but if it is during the middle SPOIL me!
No, not get him in your party. You can do that, but you can do something to him too. There was a 2 or 3 page thread on it kinda recently. If you want to know about it so bad, search [img]tongue.gif[/img] . Otherwise, I'm not spoiling it

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 08:41 PM   #5
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

Light Bulb

HAHA ight Lord!

It has to do with his alignment right?!

[ 12-01-2003, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: Dar'tanian ]
Old 12-04-2003, 04:48 PM   #6
slimjimosu
Dungeon Master

I don't know if this is what you're looking for but, you can bring in any of the NPC's from SOA by talking to the statues by the exit to the pocket plane. You just ask it to summon one of your former companions and they will show up and ask to join your party. The only one not available is the one who dies in the middle of SOA. Hope this helps.

BTW - Why didn't Imoen follow you to Hell, your whole party should go with you. Did you try reloading to see if you had a bug?
slimjimosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 10:41 PM   #7
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by slimjimosu:
I don't know if this is what you're looking for but, you can bring in any of the NPC's from SOA by talking to the statues by the exit to the pocket plane. You just ask it to summon one of your former companions and they will show up and ask to join your party. The only one not available is the one who dies in the middle of SOA. Hope this helps.

BTW - Why didn't Imoen follow you to Hell, your whole party should go with you. Did you try reloading to see if you had a bug?
I see. Thanks the answers.

I recall Imoen had the most hit points left when I killed Irenicus the first time. She just didnīt appear, and I didnīt come to think it could be a bug. But nice to know alignments have totally been forgotten in ToB, in which case Sarevok is welcomed to my party. For the interest value.
Old 12-04-2003, 10:53 PM   #8
Ares

First time I ran through with Sarevok, he seemed to be the first one targeted by enemy fighters/mages, but clerics went after the PC.

Could this have been because of his HP? He had the highest total I believe.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 07:13 PM   #9
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Sarevok is nowhere near your party's alignment?
SPOILER...
There's a chance to turn him good, redeem him. When he banters with you say yes, people can be redeemed, and things like that. He becomes CG.
Which is nonsense, seeing as Viconia only becomes true neutral... I've discussed that before, if you wanna talk about that again (It's been several months) we can start a new thread.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote