Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2002, 02:25 PM   #1
Sir Goulum
John Locke

How do you kill the cowled wizard that Edwin tells you to kill? He cast a protection shield thing and then confused half of us and then he disintegrated me!!!!
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 02:32 PM   #2
J'aran
Mephistopheles

I don't think he confused you, but panicked you. At least in my game, he always starts off with Horror, or Symbol: Fear, or some such spell. So a good idea would be to cast Resist Fear on your party the second the battle begins. This will buy you some time. Also, cast every dispelling/breaching spell you have on him to disable his protections. I think he has Stoneskin and Globe of Invulnerability on. Once you get rid of the Globe (can be done with Secret Word IIRC) the Stoneskin isn't much of a problem.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 02:45 PM   #3
Sir Goulum
John Locke

my guys arent very high level mages or clerics... and he didn't cast horror or cloak of feaar. he just scared us till we peed our pants then killed us!

[ 02-09-2002: Message edited by: Sir Goulum ]

Old 02-09-2002, 03:48 PM   #4
Fungus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Simple use thief, quaff a oil of speed. Hide in shadows, walk up stairs, and wham backstab his dress wearing mage arse [img]tongue.gif[/img] . Thats what I do [img]smile.gif[/img]
Fungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 03:55 PM   #5
Sir Goulum
John Locke

what about using shadow door? does that work well also?

[ 02-09-2002: Message edited by: Sir Goulum ]

Old 02-09-2002, 05:46 PM   #6
daan
Silver Dragon

You cant whack his silly dress off, since he starts of with stoneskin, even before you meet him.
Besides, he casts true sight, making your thief's backstab-ability
impossible to use.
Another irritating thing, is that your low-level dispel-spells wont get through, because he has the globe of invulnerability.

Best tactic here, is to either use the spell Breach (lvl 5) which will get through and whack him with your fighters. Use the spell secret word (lvl 5) or pierce shield/magic and kill him, using spells.

If your mage isnt high enough level, just summon all the critters you can and haste them, together with your fighters. Then just attack untill his stoneskin fails.

Hope you succeed, he's a pretty tough li'll bastid for the
low-lvl party...

Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2002, 07:35 PM   #7
Sorcerer Alex

Rayic Gethras isn't hard, as long as you're prepared to kill him the cheesy way. I just go up to the top floor of his house, initiate dialogue, then hop downstairs, then up again - until he runs out of spells. His 'mantle' type shield will wear off after six rounds or so, so you can pummel him the minute that happens. He's really quite simple, it's just a matter of using the right tactics.