Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2002, 11:41 PM   #1
Chewbacca
Zartan

http://www.drugsense.org/wodclock.htm

I posted this WAY off-topic in another thread.

Blows me away, its been going on for over thirty years, a total failure. I recall some statistics that indicate the people profiting because of drug prohibition take in 30 times the amount spent to fight it. Didn't the organized crime of alcohol prohibition teach us anything?

Believe me I'm no advocate of hard drug use, but wasting my tax money contributions on drug offenders offends me.

I dont care if voluntary humane rehabilitation actually humanize an addict and is supportive for what is a very difficult expirience. I dont care if the spread of AIDS will be culled because of needle exchanges. I dont care if making drugs legal and available on the open market destroys a criminal trade that fuels the coffers of our real enemies and killers: terrorists.

I just want to get and smoke pot as freely as I can go to the liquor store and buy bacardi 151, which is far more dangerous if you ask me.
Old 06-26-2002, 12:12 AM   #2
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Heres my 2C. I think that all Illegal drugs should be made both legal and VERY Available. It will fix the problem of terrorists getting drug money. With free drugs no one will buy them any more. It will fix the problem of people stealing, mugging others and prostituteing themselves for drug money. With free and available drugs who needs money for them? It will fix the drug addict problem by letting them all Over Dose and make more room for productive members of society. It is all about natural selection my friend. If you cant make it through the day without heroin or meth or weed then by all means toke up !! While the addicts sit at home and get wasted I will take the job they used to have , do it better than they ever did , and replace them in the food chain of humanity.

I am not some sheltered anti drug maniac either. Due to a mostly misspent youth I have had the sublime priveledge of trying just about every drug under the sun. Heroin and pot make me sleep like I was a turnip. What a *great* time , NOT!! Lsd and mushrooms just give me dry mouth and make my eyes hyper sensitive. Unfortunately I never had any cool halucinations. Meth and coke keep me up for DAYS and unless I am driving to California or Florida from NY staying up for days on end is REALY irritateing. Extacy is interesting in small doses. 2 pills give me the creepy crawlies and make me itch. Very not fun!! Everyones favorite , Alcohol is great in small doses, any more that 4 or 5 drinks and I am that guy sleeping on the end of the bar.

I think my reactions to drugs must be unique , because if everyone else has the same reactions as I do , how could you posibly get hooked on any of that crap? For me anyway , most drugs , much like cigarettes are just a waste of money. I dont enjoy myself, I usualy end up sick the next day and when I am scroungeing up change for gas money usualy kick myself for spending valuable gas money on a bad time.

O.k. rant over
Old 06-26-2002, 12:23 AM   #3
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
Heres my 2C. I think that all Illegal drugs should be made both legal and VERY Available. It will fix the problem of terrorists getting drug money. With free drugs no one will buy them any more. It will fix the problem of people stealing, mugging others and prostituteing themselves for drug money. With free and available drugs who needs money for them? It will fix the drug addict problem by letting them all Over Dose and make more room for productive members of society. It is all about natural selection my friend. If you cant make it through the day without heroin or meth or weed then by all means toke up !! While the addicts sit at home and get wasted I will take the job they used to have , do it better than they ever did , and replace them in the food chain of humanity.

I am not some sheltered anti drug maniac either. Due to a mostly misspent youth I have had the sublime priveledge of trying just about every drug under the sun. Heroin and pot make me sleep like I was a turnip. What a *great* time , NOT!! Lsd and mushrooms just give me dry mouth and make my eyes hyper sensitive. Unfortunately I never had any cool halucinations. Meth and coke keep me up for DAYS and unless I am driving to California or Florida from NY staying up for days on end is REALY irritateing. Extacy is interesting in small doses. 2 pills give me the creepy crawlies and make me itch. Very not fun!! Everyones favorite , Alcohol is great in small doses, any more that 4 or 5 drinks and I am that guy sleeping on the end of the bar.

I think my reactions to drugs must be unique , because if everyone else has the same reactions as I do , how could you posibly get hooked on any of that crap? For me anyway , most drugs , much like cigarettes are just a waste of money. I dont enjoy myself, I usualy end up sick the next day and when I am scroungeing up change for gas money usualy kick myself for spending valuable gas money on a bad time.

O.k. rant over
My observation is that every indivual has a unique reaction to substance intake. While I expirience a relaxed and creative state after injesting pot, my best pal gets all sketched out and goes to bed. Different strokes for different folks I guess....
Old 06-26-2002, 01:14 AM   #4
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Hmmm interesting debate.

I think many drugs should be legal and controlled. The government controlls everything else so why not drugs too???

Pot is far safer than alcohol so I dont understand why its illegal. AHHH YESSSS!!! I know!!! The Almighty DOllar. The government believes that they have a system in place that works. They can continue to charge "criminls" with drug offenses so they keep money flowing into the court system.

Thats the catch though. They would make more money off the TAXES if they were to simply legalise it and you could walk into a "package shop" and buy a pack of Class A Joints. The problem with this system would be they wouldnt need all those PRISON GUARDS and people would have to find a different line of work. The jails would be devoid of people convicted of drug offenses.

Poor little prison gaurds would have to get a job at McDonalds.

Why is it that in Texas less than 1/4 pound of marijuana is a misdeanor but even having one GRAM more than a quarter pound is a FELONY....... POT IS POT. Does it really make a difference how much someone has??? It shouldnt be illegal anyway.

You have to be a cancer or glaucoma patient to legally posess it. Yet alcohol can make you go BLIND.

Where are our standards???