Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2001, 07:01 AM   #1
Sparhawk
Quintesson

I do think I´ve bought all protection from scrolls in the stores around the city...the stores I know...
Adventures Market
Temple of Helm
Temple of Lathander
Temple of Ilmater
are all out of the scrolls...can anyone tell me about other people selling these items...I still need to fight a demilinch. *ouch*
I read something about a shadow thief selling things around Arann, but I can´t find him.....does anyone have some directions to him?

I´d really appreciate this, since I´m not going any where untill this is solved

DavidEddingsRules
Old 06-12-2001, 07:07 AM   #2
Vampire

Did you know that Beserk state makes you immune to Maze and imprisonment?
What chapter are you in because all the shops gets restoked in Chapter 6.
Trademeet has good storeS and there is a good magic store in North of WP.
Old 06-12-2001, 07:13 AM   #3
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Appearently theese immunities doesn´t apply to my beserker...I´m stunned everytime I bump into someone who can do that to me...*damn*...I need to stop by Trademeet and see the goooods*
Do you know any secret shops in Athkatla

DavidEddingsRules
Old 06-12-2001, 07:30 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

General Tips
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
You can try the Copper Coronet if you have completed the slave quest there. Some pretty nifty spell scrolls there, talk to Bernard. In Tradesmeet, remember to check the outside circus tent too, it has some very nice spell scrolls too. The Blacksmith in Tradesmeet, also sells spell scrolls, worth checking it out.

The thief you mentioned, I believe, appears only at night in the Dock District, near the Harper Building. Not much good stuff on him, but you can sell. There's another thief merchant in the Slums too, night only also, next to the roof Temple. Another female thief in the Slums too, day-time this time, near Jan's House, and one more inside the Shadow Thieves Guild in the Dock District, when you use the main entrance, she will directly in front of your party, dressed in green( I think). There's a merchant in the middle of the Dock District too, day-time only, if you're male and romance is on the cards, he will try to persuade you to buy a trinket for your love one. Umar Hills have merchants too, but nothing too vital.

There are merchants on the Pirate Island too, not marked on the map, check it out, it may have something nice for your party( ammunition, scrolls, etc... ...). The Underdark have three main merchant points. One in the Mining Camp, another near the entrance where you came in( marked on map), and of course, in the Drow City itself.

There, these are some I know outside of Waulken Promenade. There's probably more, but I will leave that up to you to find out.
Old 06-12-2001, 10:47 AM   #5
Link
Jack Burton

Does barbarian rage have the same effects as berserk??

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 06-12-2001, 10:53 AM   #6
Lord Shield

I think it's connected to the berserk symbol. Try it and see I guess. If not:
Spell Shield vs Abjuration protects from Maze/Imprisonment
So does a Scroll vs Magic

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 06-12-2001, 12:34 PM   #7
Leagle
Manshoon

I am not sure about barbarian rage, but beserk (and minsc's version) protect you from it. Of course, you need to dowload the fix from Baldurdash first...
Old 06-12-2001, 12:53 PM   #8
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Does the fix affect my ongoing game?

Old 06-12-2001, 12:55 PM   #9
Hanz123
The Magister

There's also a thief at waukeens promanade at night (lower right corner, somewhere under the arches) which has protection scrolls I believe.
Old 06-12-2001, 01:34 PM   #10
Sparhawk
Quintesson

If I install the BESERKERFIX from BALDURDASH does it affect my ongoing game?