Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2003, 08:36 PM   #1
IAmThumper
Dungeon Master

Hello
Okay I'm going crazy trying to make sense of those darn switches that control how the mine cart goes through the tunnels. It seems that the top left swtich controls the first direction which seems to mean that there are four destinations. I've gotten to three but I don't understand how. There are 128 different possible settings and I don't want to me here all night.
Do the carts lead to Martin's Bluff and how do I get there and the other destinations using the switches. This is how I describe the switches:
1 - 2 - 3
|....../ |
4 - 5...6
.....|../
So 1right means that the yellow end of the switch points to the right.Please excuse the ... it was the only way to make it look good. All the spaces kept disappearing.
Thanks
IAmThumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 12:21 AM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

I don't recall any more the settings for the switches. You're right though, that there are only 4 destinations. Three don't take you anywhere special. The fourth one ends at a ledge. You walk along that, past a big silver nugget, and end up in a cave. That's the main T'rang base, and leads into Marten's Bluff.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 12:38 AM   #3
Morlac
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think you have it 90% figured out already. If I remember correctly, you do have to treat the switches as if they were "arrows" with the yellow/orange end being the point. While there are many combinations, I think that only four actually trace valid "paths" -- the criteria of a valid path being:

(a) Start at the "start" which I think you indicated correctly as the upper left.

(b) Each "arrow" points to the next in the sequence.

(c) The last arrow points in one of the four compass directions "out" of the grid.

Also, you can get a huge hint (a map, really) to the operation of the grid by pushing the correct button in the control center where you meet Tantris the samurai just before reaching the grid. The button (the one that doesn't shock you -- I think it too is the top left)makes a panel across the room suddenly pop open to reveal a crudely drawn diagram of the correct sequence of switches to get to Marten's Bluff. Either that or just follow the logic above and try to exit via the bottom (south) of the grid.
Morlac is offline   Reply With Quote