Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2001, 11:51 PM   #1
Ziroc

Geez, here is what happened:

Everytime someone did a search, posted, logged in as new etc is created a new instance of perl.exe in the event log, and in memory. It was getting slower and slower because the server was out of memory.
I think I know what to do, so just use this board for the rest of the week, I really was depressed to see this
happen, when I worked SO %$%#@ hard on a smooth transition

Ah well! Hey, if it seems slow on THIS forum, email me asap. (I doubt it will though)

Sorry guys, give me a few days!!

Ziroc
Old 01-10-2001, 12:53 AM   #2
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hey Ziroc,

Don't be so hard on yourself man, I for one, and I'm sure many others appreciate all of your hard work for us nerdy RPG geeks. So we can be patient a little while more, don't sweat it!

I'm a computer technican in real life (heh), so I know how things can be, that's why I carry a mighty big BFH!

Take it easy

Scronan
Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 01:56 AM   #3
Lily the Ranger

Thanks for your hard work Ziroc! We wait patiently (with our faces pressed to our monitors. Sacrificed a pack of hot dogs on my grill . . . hope this helps.

Luck!
Old 01-10-2001, 09:26 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

The new forum will be great once we get there! Just hope you don't end up tearing out all your hair to manage it!

Wyv
Wyvern is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 10:25 AM   #5
adam mage

Adam Warlock: what the?

Adam Warlock: $#!%

Adam Warlock: awwww Man! not my server again!

Adam Mage: I guess it's not my server after all...
Old 01-10-2001, 11:05 AM   #6
Junglegirl

Hey Zyroc, don't be so harsh with you. We appreciate the great work you do and alittle waiting will be worthwile.
Hope for you and us that you will be successful in the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Junglegirl
Old 01-10-2001, 11:21 AM   #7
Dwarf

Patience is a virtue, rarely found in women, even less so in men. (Old English folk proverb).
Old 01-10-2001, 03:04 PM   #8
Elara
The Magister

LOL Dwarf!

My dad used to give us the proverb in reverse:

Patience is a virtue, possess it if you can.
You'll find it in a woman, but seldom in a man.

It was a big joke to us kids because my stepmother was an absolute irascible impatient tyrant! Still is, hehe

Ziroc,

The best laid plans of mice and men, oftimes go astray.. *quiet sigh*
We'll be patient, we're grateful, and we're rooting for you!

Elara
Elara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 06:19 PM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Ziroc,

Keep up the great work! This forum is worth all the trouble. I wish we could help you out, somehow. I've had my share of recalcitrant servers as well. Nothing worse than a computer making an idiot of you while you're teaching. Just keep up the great work. We're all very appreciative of it.

Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 01:47 AM   #10
Ziroc

Thanks you all, It makes me feel a lot better. I will be doing a TEST on the new forum in a few days, you'll see a link up top, so when you do, sign up as new (if you haven't yet) and just start posting stuff.. (even if its a 'Test 123' thing). and I'll be at the server monitoring the memory settings with the new perl DLL's.

They say that running perl.exe is real slow, and to use Perl's DLL version or try PerlEX. We'll try both of these.
So remember, check the site daily when you can, and if ya see the link to the new forum, test it out and stuff.

I really hope this works, using the Avatars in your posts is really cool.

Ziroc