Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2004, 05:19 AM   #1
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

im realy new to this, i played BG 1 and it was good so i got this one too. i am using multiplayer mode with 3 genereted characters
1. Paladin
2. Monk
3. Sorceror

The rest of my party is this:
Anomen
Minsc
Yoshimo

My frist problem is this:
Anomen for some reason cannot cast spells anymore. he hasnt got any things like level drain on him, so i dont understand. His wisdo score is coloured in red, and it is 16, so i think this may be the problem. is there anyway to regain the two wisdom points lost? (i have tried removing all his item and it is still 16)

problem number two: (spoilers maybe)
As my lead charicter is a paladin, i have done his stonghold quest and he now carries the avenger, i looked at his information and saw he only accounted for about 8% of the parties XP. i was wondering how a dual class senario would work, hes a level 10 cavaleir at the moment, and i have no idea how dual classing works, could somebody advise me?

Thanks in advance
Old 12-30-2004, 05:38 AM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

1) Try to rest. If that doesn't help, try to cast Lesser/Greater Restoration on him.

2) Correct me if wrong but I think that Paladin(s) can't be Dual-Classed.

On Dual-Classing itslef: when you Dual-Class let's say from a Kensai (Fighter kit) to a Mage you loose some of your Kensai's abilitys and you can use them again once your Mage portion is higher then your Kensai portion. That means if you Dual-Class at level 8, you must be level 9 (Mage portion) to be able to use your Kensai's abilitys.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 05:42 AM   #3
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

so if i was this kensai lvl 8 and dual classed at level 8 i would not be able to use my kensai abilities (whatever they are) until i have gone up 1, 2, 3, 4..... all the way to lvl 9 as a mage. would i be able to wear metal armour while casting spells?
Old 12-30-2004, 05:44 AM   #4
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

No. You wouldn't. In fact, you are not able to wear any armor while casting spells.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 05:47 AM   #5
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

so he wouldnt be muchof a fighter if he count wear armour could he?
Old 12-30-2004, 05:52 AM   #6
JayS
Dungeon Master

A kensai cannot wear armor anyway.
JayS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 06:03 AM   #7
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

oh. but can a paladin dual class? or how can i make him better...
Old 12-30-2004, 06:15 AM   #8
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

oh i did try greater restoration and then resting and it did no good... are there any other reasonable healers?
Old 12-30-2004, 08:40 AM   #9
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by timothy trotter:
oh i did try greater restoration and then resting and it did no good... are there any other reasonable healers?
Anomen starts out with a Wisdom score of 12. If he has a score of 16 now, then he has gotten an item that raised his score by 4 points. That is why the Wisdom score is in red. A red attribute score means that ability has been modified by an item or spell on that character.

What happened that caused him to lose his spellcasting ability? Which battle were you in just before you noticed this problem? The only two reasons I can think of that Anomen (or any other spellcaster) could no longer cast ANY spells is that he either cast ALL of his memorized spells already OR he has been "Silenced" by a spell-effect or item. Both of these would prevent spellcasting. But if you have rested for a full 8 hours, BOTH of those causes should have been eliminated. He would have regained his memorized spells and the duration of the "Silence" would have long since worn off.

As for your paladin, there is no reason he shouldn't be your best front-line fighter - especially with an Avenger sword. Minsc is a good tank and monks are strong characters too, but a paladin should be able to hold his own with either of these characters. If you are blasting your enemies with spells from your sorcerer, then NONE of your fighter types are going to make large contributions to your kill total. But a paladin is designed to be a front-line tank. Give him the best armor you can find and a good sword and he should be smiting enemies right and left. He also should have enough hit points to withstand a lot of the damage enemies deal out. With Minsc, Anomen and your monk available to "share" the damage dealt out by enemies, there is no reason your paladin shouldn't have as many kills (if not more) than the rest of the party.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:01 AM   #10
Magness
Quintesson

You also have to remember that those percentages are based on kills, not damage inflicted. That is, if you are attacking a creature with 100 hp, your pally may inflict the first 99 hp of damage, but the monk who inflicted the final 100th hp of damage gets credit for the kill.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote