Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2001, 02:57 PM   #1
Shrylia
Manshoon

I did buy the dwarf's stuff somewhere...and got two ward stones - one is bogus, the other is 'useful'. I have killed the warders in Durlag's tower and now think I should just be able to open the door, but I can't. Help please!

------------------
Experience is the most powerful weapon!
Shrylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 06:16 PM   #2
-Aragain-
Dungeon Master

uh, you killed em?

*cough* *cough*

SPOILER......................
All i did was give them stuff, ya gotta read some books, make some wine, fix a mallet, and uh, get some glittering bejuil or something. Not kill em!

Or well i didnt kill em...

-Aragain Leafstalker
-Aragain- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 06:17 PM   #3
Lioness
Jack Burton

SPOILER
You have to do there quests, then talk to them, then they attack you and you have to fight to get past them.

------------------

Sword Saint of the HADB Clan
Waitress and entertainer at Cloudy's Cafe
Lil' Angel
Lioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 06:25 PM   #4
Shrylia
Manshoon

I did do all of their quests!! Pressed the wine...rang the gong...made the sword glow...and presented the jewel...they then attacked and I did then kill them. I am sure I am not the first person to do this. What is strange, is that after the battle I still cannot open the door that they were guarding! I would have been HAPPY to give them their things and then have them just open the door...but in my game at least, that is not the way it went.

------------------
Old 08-18-2001, 06:34 PM   #5
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Well actually you did it in the right order. They will attack you no matter how kind you are after fulfilling the quests and giving the items. So you did nothing wrong, but everything right. As to why you're not able to access the opening through the well I can't say
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 08:59 PM   #6
Shrylia
Manshoon

Mystery solved...on the ground in the rubble of the battle aftermath there is a ward stone...that allows me passage to the next level. For some reason I thought it would be automatic after I beat their little butts...

------------------
Old 08-18-2001, 09:08 PM   #7
-Aragain-
Dungeon Master

LOL OMG

YOUR KIDDING!!!!!!

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAA

Im serious, I didnt have to attack them, nor did they attack me. I clicked and went down LOL. OMG you guys are serious? Ive done this twice and never neither did I have to attack them. Curious, what version are you guys running? Or if you have DSOTSC tell me, becuase that could be it.

LOL or it could be that everyone loves Rangers? LOL

-Aragain Leafstalker
Old 08-19-2001, 12:40 AM   #8
-Aragain-
Dungeon Master

someone answer me! i must know why my BG is messed up, not that its a bad thing, i mean i didnt have to kill anyone lol

-Aragain
Old 08-19-2001, 02:35 PM   #9
Shrylia
Manshoon

I don't have DSTOSC loaded...my party is not evil (20 = heroic)...maybe the dwarves hate heroic types? Anyway, the battle is nasty and definately the hardest one in BGI so far. I have yet to take out Savorak. I got lots of exp for the battle though so, as funny as it may seem, you do missout on points.

------------------