Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2001, 01:02 PM   #1
cloud88
Manshoon

i have a prob
spoiler>
taugosz khosann at the bandits place
keeps killin me easy im up on like 20-24 hp on each guy.
1 hack from him does about 10 hp on me and besides i never hit him hes killin me unhurt.i really need help.my party:
me (ranger)
khalid
imoen
jaheira
xan

------------------
/Luna
How do you prove that you exist?
Maybe we dont exist.....
cloud88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 04:46 PM   #2
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Well, i charmed him and made him walk about killing all the bandits, and by the time the charm wore off he was almost dead, and all the bandits were slain... two birds with one stone.

------------------
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 06:11 PM   #3
-Aragain-
Dungeon Master

Um, 24 hp? First, do you have a tank? And if so how much is his hp? Either way you should have someone with very good ac to take damage and give some in return. If not 2, hell you should have 2 tanks. Another thing, get more levels if you cant seem to beat em. I went in their with my level 8 Ranger and slaghtered all of them. Mainly becuase I hid, and then shot em a lot with my bow where i would invis again =\.

Anyway, charm is always good. But i suggest getting some more levels and really working on your fighters or tanks hp. And you can never go wrong with buffs, buff the hell out of your guys!

I dont know what your main problem is, but if you make your characters do what they are supposed to(i.e. mages cast offensive spells), then you should be alright. If you do stick to that but still cant win, then your most likely not ready to handle it, go get some more levels!

-Aragain Leafstalker
-Aragain- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 06:52 PM   #4
cloud88
Manshoon

your lv 8!?!?!? ohhhh......
i am lv 3
where should i go for exp?

------------------
/Luna
Maybe we dont exist.....

[This message has been edited by cloud88 (edited 08-18-2001).]
Old 08-18-2001, 07:17 PM   #5
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by cloud88:
your lv 8!?!?!? ohhhh......
i am lv 3
where should i go for exp?

All of the quests south of there (both east and west of the main road, though those on the west side tend to be a little easier to handle). When I played through, I went to Nashkel as soon as possible, but after that I abandoned the plot to go do all of the other quests that I could (Jaheira and/or Xzar won't bother you once you reach Nashkel). I put all 5 NPCs that I wanted into the party (including a quick jaunt to get Adjantis), then gathered as much xp as I could before moving on to the "storyline." I think I was around 5th or 6th level with all of my characters when I finally hit the Nashkel mines; I obliterated the mines and bandit camp with ease. Try pulling back and doing some other quests to make your guys stronger.

------------------

Death is only the beginning...
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 08:42 PM   #6
-Aragain-
Dungeon Master

Hehe, well for a level 3, which was SO long ago, i think i would hunt... durrrr... Durlags Tower! No...

Ok when i make a new party, or character for that matter, i just go back and forth from Friendly Arm Inn to Nashkell exploring ALL of the areas around the road. Theres ogres, hobgoblins, wolves, dogs, etc, etc. Mainly "yard trash" is what I would hunt. Just explore a bit, dont just follow the path of the game, go live a little, and you will make some experience while at it. Thats how i first met Drizzt, and now we tight! Ya know, us Elves and Drow arent too different!

Anyway, what im trying to say is explore a little, not TOO far off the trail though, i remember i met some Ogre Mage by accident that claimed he was the greatest Mage in all of Faerun, ya know what, he kicked my ass, the first time.

But thats for you to find. If you havent been exploring, you must be really strict for your rules in your party. Hrmm, come to think of it, Your at the Bandit Camp so hunt around Peldvale the, other, place. But watch out there is an evil group of mages doing some dirty stuff in some ruins of a small temple, dont mess with them unless you can take on 4 level 5 very tough casters(good loot though).

Goodluck! AND EXPLORE!

-Aragain Leafstalker
-Aragain- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2001, 07:18 AM   #7
cloud88
Manshoon

well i`ve killed that guy now i took a sword that you got from a guy that attacks this prism at nashkel mines after that....easyyyy well anyway
now im to go to that forest (that BIG one) but first i will do some q around friendly arm inn,try to get some lvl
1 q now...
i have:
me (ranger)
jaheira
khalid
imoen
xan
should i add mincs to them cause i really need a tank and i`ve got a good sword for him (that spiderbane sword)

------------------
/Luna
Maybe we dont exist.....
Old 08-19-2001, 09:18 AM   #8
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
well i`ve killed that guy now i took a sword that you got from a guy that attacks this prism at nashkel mines after that....easyyyy well anyway
now im to go to that forest (that BIG one) but first i will do some q around friendly arm inn,try to get some lvl
1 q now...
i have:
me (ranger)
jaheira
khalid
imoen
xan
should i add mincs to them cause i really need a tank and i`ve got a good sword for him (that spiderbane sword)

You might want to pull out of the forest and hit everything to the south and east of there. Trust me, there are a LOT of areas to explore in BG1; you should go to each area, then when you get to the edge of the screen, try leaving. It will highlight the next area on your world map. Then just reenter the area you are in and keep exploring. Do this with all four sides of the area you are in, and you will be surprised how much stuff you are missing. Note: if it does not give you the option to leave a map on that side, that means that there is no area to go to in that direction (for example, if you go to the southernmost areas, then try to go south, it won't let you leave the area that way). You are missing out on a TON of experience (plus, a ton of the game, to boot ) by not exploring everything.

------------------

Old 08-19-2001, 09:30 AM   #9
cloud88
Manshoon

nerull i wrote one the letter before you that i will wait whit the forest and do some q`s around friendly arm inn and of courseat other place`s to can you tip me of any spec q whit much exp or a good item(or both )
now what do you think about that mincs thing in my other letter

------------------
/Luna
Maybe we dont exist.....
Old 08-19-2001, 06:24 PM   #10
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
nerull i wrote one the letter before you that i will wait whit the forest and do some q`s around friendly arm inn and of courseat other place`s to can you tip me of any spec q whit much exp or a good item(or both )
now what do you think about that mincs thing in my other letter

SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Actually, I usually get Minsc (or Edwin, depending on your alignment), then go to rescue Dyanheir. Then I work my way through the areas along the southernmost portions, eventually ending up southeast of Nashkel. That's good for starters, then work on the western side of the map (south of Candlekeep), then finally work the eastern side of the map. The main thing to remember is to search EVERY square inch of EVERY area you enter, since that is the only way to find all of the quests.

Some things to watch for:

1. There is one area in the northeast that is just full of basilisks (i.e. petrifying gaze). Prepare accordingly or lose your party.

2. Along the western seacoasts are sirines. They like to charm your people and turn them against each other. Be careful.

3. The reason I say to start in the south is that it tends to be easier (there are some tough encounters, but not too bad). The reason I say to go west then east is that the east has some dungeons, and this makes the area a little tougher.

4. I would definitely do these areas before finishing Cloakwood; Cloakwood is pretty difficult (especially the mines). Besides, there is at least one hint that I know of (in the western map) as to who you will face in Cloakwood (nasty boss).

5. If you have TOTSC installed, STAY AWAY FROM DURLAG'S TOWER. That is probably the toughest area in the game (I think harder than the end of the game), and you need to probably be at least 7th level before you go there.

Hope this helps!

------------------