Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2001, 07:24 PM   #1
Poop

SPOILER

I found a katana in pyramid of Cet that did the same damage as Sword of Argus. I also found an amulet that gave like plus 35 to all nine resistance, much better than amulet of argus. I know there's more cool weapons and armor but I never got any and don't want to hack the file or work my way up to cet again just to find out. Could someone give me the stats for those really high level armors and weapons?
Old 01-11-2001, 07:56 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

That's really a tall order - there are a lot of items (and I cannot be certain how accurate the strategy guide is in recording their stats - not a really good guide). Now if there are a couple of items that you would like some more information on specifically??? That I could probably do.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 07:59 PM   #3
skywalker
Banned User

You are right Wyvern, the Guide by Brady Games is not that great. It has a few mistakes. I went to their Site to see if they posted any corrections and found nothing.
Oh, well.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 08:03 PM   #4
Gauleiter

None of them compare to even a reasonably blessed (3 or 4 times) decent item -- those golden Katanas that litter Cet's Pyramid, by the way, bless up very nicely -- but like one of the best sets of armour that I found was the Divine Chain of D'Soto, AC 4.0 with 20% to *all* of the things, and Hit +1 I think... it was in one of those chests in the Mavin room.

But like I said, with only moderate blessings, you can make something nice (like Plate Mail/Leggings/Gauntlets +2) into a killer piece of armour. Weapons that bless up very nicely: those Tomonari Katanas, the Wizard's Blade, Washizukis +2, Main Gauches +2. Others you can think of?

A decent Pole&Staff thing is the Trident of Tides (I found six of them in Cet's Pyramid), does 7-21 with a special stone, I think, though it's not blessable...
Old 01-11-2001, 11:37 PM   #5
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hey

Gauleiter, you said it best, those are great items. I found the most powerful Katana to be the one in the stone for that one guild quest. I believe you can incant it, but it is a no dachi type and therefore two handed..but I suppose you could keep it like I did with the monk's ward (some of the best items you have to give back it seems), but with the patch, no dice.

What is this amulet that someone mentioned? I never got the one fight before cet in the lava, always wondered what that little bugger was.

Scronan
Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 04:21 AM   #6
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Scronan. the one in the lava just befor set is the Amulet of Fire - 50% protection - no big deal.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 09:12 AM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quite true about enchanting and blessing - you can make items that are far better than those goodies found in the game. Actually that is rather nice - gives a sense of power and control!

Skywalker - the guide is the pits but the part that really, really disappointed me was that the maps weren't any better than the automaps in the game. Well, yes, you can look at all the levels but they are all done in grey and it often isn't clear at all where one set of stairs is taking you, or in the case of the stout mines where a path leads. Really bad!! Even with not wanting to do a color printing - there were far better ways to do the maps in the grey scale.
Ah well!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote