Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2001, 02:17 AM   #21
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadowstrider:
I created a forum yesterday(which everyone's favorite IW poster AzureWolf moderates) is designed for ranting about things you hate.
You made Azure a mod? He'll become GrayWolf after all the stress gets to him and ages him prematurely.

------------------
Old 06-23-2001, 02:19 AM   #22
Shadowstrider
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Regarding your facts:
If I may add, I never said your site was childish...I said the posts in the "Princesses thread were. That is my opinion and I am entitled to it.

Once again, Laughable.

The princesses thread is a statement of MY opinion of people who act like spoiled children. That is not childish, and for you to say it is insults my moderators and site. I lock down childish matters and would not have posted it if I saw it as childish. My moderators have been instructed to do the same EVEN IF I POST THE SUBJECT MATTER. While the flame was not intended it is interpretted.

Quote:
Someday, when they all grow up and (perhaps) feel sorry for some of the things they say there and want to apologize, it will be too late because some of their targets will be dead and/or gone, myself included. At least this way they know ahead of time that they have my blessings.
Heaven knows how bad I felt for treating older people badly when I was a child...with the help of schoolmates, we caused nervous breakdowns and influenced teachers into going back some grades, transferring to other schools, or quitting altogether. I can't make the apologies I would have liked to once I grew up and realized how wrong I was. I never had these people's blessings to speak ill of them or to them either. But I did learn forgiveness...toward others and myself.
You clearly insulted my forum users here. Which, in essence, is an insult to my forum.
Old 06-23-2001, 02:25 AM   #23
Shadowstrider
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Ah, cool it, guys. You're both flamebaiting each other, IMHO. You both should have been lawyers.

Close, I am going into criminal law =P
Old 06-23-2001, 02:33 AM   #24
Shadowstrider
Manshoon

Quote:
You made Azure a mod? He'll become GrayWolf after all the stress gets to him and ages him prematurely.

We'll see how he performs. BTW what time is it there?
Old 06-23-2001, 02:42 AM   #25
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:

Well if I had inherited from my dad Gray hair would have happened many years ago
Gray hairs run rampant in my family
He was fully gray by 22. Lucky I escaped the gray curse
And BTW everyone come post in the Asylum

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 06-23-2001, 02:48 AM   #26
Moni

Quote:
No, I was offended in that thread at all. I was stating kiwidoc never attacked you. You were offended that anyone disagreed with you and seek to twist MY statements into something I never said.

BTW- Ever heard of examples? I can use threads as examples without implying you're guilty...it's like when a teacher says, and what if Sam jumped of a bridge...would you?

Another flame, but it's ok, cause you also posted flamebait there. I am not "goading" you into anything, I am posting truth, you are trying to twist it to see it your way. I am one with the darkside of logic, you cannot prove it worng =P
My apologies to you...you were claiming that I was never attacked although I was basically called a liar and was belittled by someone who claims to be a professional. I was not offended that anyone disagreed, that is your twisting of words...I was offended that a thread intended to give some depressed people on this forum the facts about it being treatable and curable got turned into a piece of garbage...in my opinion.

As far as your second remark there goes, see the key word "apparent".
If you are going to study criminal law, you will need to notice these little things...it could cost you a case.

I also apologize that through my response to one page on your site that you would say that I flamed your whole forum. I stand by my opinion that derogatory remarks made about people made in such a direct but indirect manner are childish.

Goodnight ShadowStrider
Goodnight Memnoch

Moni

------------------

Old 06-23-2001, 03:06 AM   #27
Shadowstrider
Manshoon

Once again, laughable. I twisted nobodies words. You were NOT insulted, nor were you "attacked" or "belittled" or called a liar. Kiwidoc posted her FACTS. She quoted your posts and said what was incorrect about them, that IS NOT an attack in anyway.

BTW-Don't tell me what to learn how to do. I have taken the ASVAB and a law course in night college, I got the highest marks on nearly every test, every test was above 87%. I also got the highest on 2 of 3 vocal debates. I know how to read, and I know how to do text interpretation. I know EXACTLY what happened, in NO way were you flamed.

You have not made a valid point yet, so I would say i am winning this case.
Old 06-23-2001, 03:11 AM   #28
Shadowstrider
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

I also apologize that through my response to one page on your site that you would say that I flamed your whole forum. I stand by my opinion that derogatory remarks made about people made in such a direct but indirect manner are childish.
ROFL...I refer you to page one. My second reply to you.

As for your first point, you said that the people who posted there are immature. Calling posters on a forum immature is:

1)immature of you
2)flaming the forum because posters make the forum, which...nevermind, you're not worth getting scolded by Ziroc.

[This message has been edited by Shadowstrider (edited 06-23-2001).]
Old 06-23-2001, 03:16 AM   #29
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Well my opinion on all of this is that everyone should go and post in the asylum. Since everyones hated IW poster tyrant Azurewolf (former) overlord is modding it and will have the power.
Muhahahahaha....er...sorry

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 06-23-2001, 11:41 AM   #30
Moni

Quote:
Once again, laughable. I twisted nobodies words. You were NOT insulted, nor were you "attacked" or "belittled" or called a liar. Kiwidoc posted her FACTS. She quoted your posts and said what was incorrect about them, that IS NOT an attack in anyway.

BTW-Don't tell me what to learn how to do. I have taken the ASVAB and a law course in night college, I got the highest marks on nearly every test, every test was above 87%. I also got the highest on 2 of 3 vocal debates. I know how to read, and I know how to do text interpretation. I know EXACTLY what happened, in NO way were you flamed.

You have not made a valid point yet, so I would say i am winning this case.
Quote:
Originally quoted by Moni;
...women don't have to suffer as seriously as some do.
For women who do suffer, I would recommend a change in diet...less chemically charged foods for starters. Iron and B-vitamin rich foods also lessen the effects.
Quote:
Originally quoted by Kiwidoc in response to the above attempt to help:
Sorry to disappoint you Moni but that is just not true.
FACT: PMS can be controlled with safe natural products and lifestyle changes.

FACT: Depression can also be influenced by nutritional factors, such as low levels of vitamin B12, or by iron-deficiency anaemia, which can result from poor diet or from menstruation.

This is where my former condition was belittled:

Quote:
Originally posted by Kiwidoc:
Moni - I am sorry you have had so much deep, deep sadness in your life and I admire you for dealing with it so well. However that is not the same thing as Severe Depression.
Has Kiwidoc studied my history?
Did she ever sit down in any formal Psychiatric Session with me and listen to the years of torment that I suffered at the hands of my family members?
Suffering which led me to eventually seriously contemplate killing them and suffering that made me feel like I needed to run away as a teenager so that I wouldn't be pushed into pulling the trigger?
Did she listen to me tell about the nightmares I had that kept me fearful of sleeping for the first seven years of my life?
Is she aware of the eating disorders I developed out of the sheer dread of having to go home from school every day and having to live in fear every night, falling asleep from exhaustion because I was afraid to close my eyes for fear of what my siblings or mother would do to me?
Does she know how hard I cried for hours because I was locked in a closet or tied to a tree out in the yard?
Did she ever feel the pain in my bones when waves of saddness washed over me on a daily basis because I was alone and people who could help looked the other way?
Has she seen the deep scars on my wrist?
No. So how can she say that I was just merely very sad for over twenty years?
Is it because I got through it all and can live as a happy person on my own and without having to be on meds?
How can I know if Kiwidoc herself won't say?
But, belittling what I suffered allowed her to continue posting her opinions as fact without having to admit she was wrong, i.e. :
Quote:
Originally posted by Kiwidoc:
"Currently medication is the ONLY thing that has been shown to help these people."
FACT: Depression can be treated successfully, but different treatments seem to work best for different people. For example, a drug may be effective and well tolerated in one person but not another. Support groups may help some people deal with major life changes that require new coping skills or social support. Different kinds of psychological (talking) treatments are also useful. Choosing the right treatment is an individual process that will depend not only on the severity of the depression, but on the person's preferences and those of their doctor.

I said I was not going to further converse with you but you keep pushing the subject.
There are your facts friend. Do with them what you will.
In my opinion, you are looking more and more like a vulture with a tapeworm. I have every confidence in you in your quest to become a lawyer.

Tell on me for "flaming" you for stating my opinion of your actions regarding this mattter if it suits you and if Ziroc agrees, I'll take whatever punishment he deems necessary but your continued apparent harassment of me on these issues is completely uncalled for.

Kiwidoc has chosen not to address them personally. That's no big deal because I know the facts...I have posted them here for you to see yet again. Let it be "friend".
Now, I would thank you to leave me alone and go find some other argument where you stand a chance of proving yourself right.
I am sure Ziroc and the moderators would thank you as well.

As far as I am concerned, this case is closed.

Moni

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 06-23-2001).]