Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2001, 02:39 PM   #21
Gaelic
Elminster

You would receive a bill for services. You are responsible for the expenses unless you can prove otherwise via the lawsuit. I think the lawyer can get them to hold the bill until the case is settled though.

------------------
Gaelic
Old 06-20-2001, 06:04 PM   #22
Jimbo
The Magister

Health Care? Well I guess that is me. I was an Air Force Medic from March 1990 to November 1998. I am currently a Nursing Student, and the Emergency Medical Service Director (my title is pretty cool, Assistant Fire Chief EMS) of the township I live in Fire Department (been on the department since 1998). So I only have about 12 years of experience in Emergency Medical Care, both in the military and civilian sector.

What is good-
Profesionalism and accountability.
What sucks-
Cost and paper work.

HMO's are another story. I don't think an insurance sales group has the right to dictate how the doctor will preform.

Some have said that a two-tiered system is effect, and that is correct to a point. The US tends to have a pay as you get more wealthy, and an insurance net for the lower income. The national medicade is one part, but then each state has it's own supplement to the national medicade offered.

For example, I am a single dad with a 5 year old, we made less than a 1000 US dollars last year (I'm going back to school on the GI BILL), and have not had alot of income available. I buy my own health insurance, and my child gets all of his health and dental paid for by Hoosier Health Care for Kids. It is an awesome program! This program is set up for people that don't make money and it is for the kids, I don't use it, and my son is taking care of. We get to see the doctor of our choice (there is a list of physcians-GP and Peds same with dentist) that participates in the program, and all his expensises are covered. Also of note is that this is less intrusive as if my child's doctor wanted to order additional test, he doesn't have to fight with the HMO on getting approval. There are checks and balances to it, as the state can review the cases and if there is a reason to suspect fraud they can go in, but they do it afterwards. They don't make it difficult to get things done, and they don't offer rewards for not doing or suggesting things (like some HMO's have been found guilty of).

Socialized Medicine might work, it might not.
Old 06-21-2001, 08:05 AM   #23
Gaelic
Elminster

Wow, I am really surprised this topic drifted to page 2.

------------------
Gaelic
Old 06-22-2001, 06:08 AM   #24
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Conan:
Ok, here is a hypo. Say you got into a car accident and were treated by your GP and therapist staff. They knew it was because of an accident because your laywer sent them a itemized request for treatment costs for a law suit. Would you recieve a bill for all this treatment or would they forget about it? I got one under these cicumstances and had to pay them when the lawsuit was settled.
Conan

I'm not sure if this is a question about the NHS or not. There are no bills or invoices within the NHS. The service is free, at the point of use, to all that are entitled to it. If someone came here on holiday and needed emergency treatment they would be billed for it.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Old 06-22-2001, 06:16 AM   #25
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
If someone came here on holiday and needed emergency treatment they would be billed for it.

------------------

What I got two years ago wasn't a "Bill" - it was more of a "William" - gee physiotherapy costs a packet over there (or was it because it was at the Gleneagles Hotel )

------------------
Old 06-22-2001, 08:37 AM   #26
Conan

LOL! but NHS would not get involved with the law suit then I take it.? If you received 2000$ worth of medical care because of an accident NHS would treat you for free and you could use all the settlement money? Mybe its not included in the law suits than if they dont get reimbersed for services rendered.?
Conan

Old 06-22-2001, 09:22 AM   #27
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Conan:
LOL! but NHS would not get involved with the law suit then I take it.? If you received 2000$ worth of medical care because of an accident NHS would treat you for free and you could use all the settlement money? Mybe its not included in the law suits than if they dont get reimbersed for services rendered.?
Conan
That's right. You don't get the 2,000 because you haven't spent it.

The NHS is far more wide ranging than an HMO. You can get non-cosmetic plastic surgery including breast reduction and augmentation, fertility treatment, smoking cessation treatment, cancer screening etc

------------------