Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2003, 10:23 PM   #1
NobleNick
Quintesson

I got hit with all three of these, yesterday. (Heh, heh, Can you tell where I was?) I just restarted from saved game and generated some minions to take the petrification hits, was able to sleep off the wracking pains, and used other tactics to ameliorate the effects of confusion. But several questions surface about these maladies:

1.) Does any priest spell get rid of the wracking pains? I tried several, but to no avail. Also, what, exactly, do wracking pains do to you? All I noticed was that it was significantly harder for my melee guys to do in their opponents. It didn't appear to affect the victim's AC.

2.) Does petrification necessarily kill the victim? If so, and one uses a stone-to-flesh spell on the victim, does that mean they are a dead piece of meat instead of a dead piece of stone? Does resurrecton cure petrification?

3.) For confusion, two questions: What are the magical means to keep it from happening? What are the magical means to cure it?

What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party on!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 07:31 AM   #2
Jim
Quintesson

1.) Have you tried dispel magic? That would be the obvious way to dispel it. Other ideas include casting heal/restoration. Wracking pains gives you -4 penalty to hit, -2 dexterity and -2 armour class.

2.) Petrification will not kill the victim. They will be removed from the party and for all intents and purposes they might as well be dead, but casting stone to flesh on their stone form will restore them. Resurection does not cure petrification (AFAIK).

3.) To prevent - Mind Blank (level 8 mage), Impervious Sanctity of Mind (level 7 priest), chaotic commands (level 5 priest) and antimagic shell (level 6 mage -to a point)

To cure - Exaltation (level 3 priest), dispel magic (level 3 priest and mage)
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 09:44 AM   #3
NobleNick
Quintesson

Woo Hoo!! Answers in spades!! Thank you, Jim!

I've got access to at least three of the spells you mentioned for confusion, so will try one next time.

Just one last thing I don't understand. The message screen said that my guy got petrified AND died. I wasn't watching his HP too closely, because I thought he was doing O.K.; and so was surprised he went down. Is that normal for petrification (to lose all remaining HP), or did he just happen to get to 0 HP and get petrified at the same time (or with the same hit)?

What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party on!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 09:46 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

A target that has been petrified and shattered is GONE FOREVER. The target must not be shattered if you want to Stone to Flesh the target.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote