Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2001, 05:17 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I don't have TV, but at a resturant I was in yesterday, I saw on the news that in Jerusalem, this couple had just gotten married, and they were having a party, and the newly-weds were sitting at a table, together, embraced, and this building was two stories. Well, the building was not built very well, and with the weight of all the people, the second story floor just dropped the entire party onto the first floor. The most gruesome part of it all was that the amature camera man, standing out of harm's way, videotaped the entire thing. It was horrible to see, as most of the people were younger folks, (even some babies), and they showed the faces of the crowd as they were falling, in slow motion. Does anybody know more??? I heard that the bride and groom died instantly, still in each other's arms. That ...is hard to think about. Any of us can lose family and friends just as easily, in the worst times. I mean...ALL of thier family and friends were at this wedding reception. Damn near wiped the whole lot of them away. There were survivors...like that lucky camera guy.

------------------

Larry,
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Devoted member of the Ironworks
Only member of the Elite Bodyguard to Rikard (the fool that takes the bullet)
Ertai's back-up
Memnoch's chief look-out

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 05-26-2001).]
Old 05-26-2001, 05:22 PM   #2
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Yeah i saw that on tv its got to be one of the saddest things ive seen in a while

------------------
Old 05-26-2001, 05:26 PM   #3
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
I don't have TV, but at a resturant I was in yesterday, I saw on the news that in Jerusalem, this couple had just gotten married, and they were having a party, and the newly-weds were sitting at a table, together, embraced, and this building was two stories. Well, the building was not built very well, and with the weight of all the people, the second story floor just dropped the entire party onto the first floor. The most gruesome part of it all was that the amature camera man, standing out of harm's way, videotaped the entire thing. It was horrible to see, as most of the people were younger folks, (even some babies), and they showed the faces of the crowd as they were falling, in slow motion. Does anybody know more??? I heard that the bride and groom died instantly, still in each other's arms. That ...is hard to think about. Any of us can lose family and friends just as easily, in the worst times. I mean...ALL of thier family and friends were at this wedding reception. Damn near wiped the whole lot of them away. There were survivors...like that lucky camera guy.

Theres's a phrase i use in times like this...... Shit

------------------
Old 05-26-2001, 05:48 PM   #4
BladeMaster

The bride and groom survived

------------------

Old 05-26-2001, 05:51 PM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Cool...then I guess it was somebody else.
Not a pleasant memory on wedding day...
They were there, because of them, and died, by being there...
Nevermind me....

------------------

Larry,
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Devoted member of the Ironworks
Only member of the Elite Bodyguard to Rikard (the fool that takes the bullet)
Ertai's back-up
Memnoch's chief look-out
Old 05-26-2001, 05:51 PM   #6
Epona
Zartan

The bride is in hospital but not too badly hurt, the groom was not injured at all.
This is a horrible tragedy, it is just lucky that more people didn't die.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 05-26-2001, 05:51 PM   #7
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by BladeMaster:
The bride and groom survived

Thanks the heavens for that!! Shame about the others tho

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp

Old 05-26-2001, 05:54 PM   #8
BladeMaster

That it is Lord Shield

------------------

Old 05-26-2001, 07:28 PM   #9
Charean
Hathor

That is why it is good to live every day as if it were your last - and to let others know how much you care about them.

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
The secret is knowing the rules so you can bend/break them selectively!!!
Aquisition master of the Finest of Humours - and the Killer Joke
Musketeer of Fast Fourward
Looking for lost brain - I left it only for a moment....and there it goes... rolling under the table!!
Noticing that the Light has gotten further down a Dark Tunnel than expected... Time to get the Lantern... Knowing sooner or later - I will get to the End of this Tunnel to the Open Air once again...
Old 05-26-2001, 07:35 PM   #10
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I saw the video, pretty f*cking bizarre for sure, worse for an occasion that is supposed to be happy