Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2001, 01:46 PM   #1
Alex Bunten
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi there -

I have a quick question - I have defeated Durlag's tower, but cannot seem to find out how to enter the island missions. Can anyone help? If it requires the sea charts I cannot find them, HELP!
Old 12-04-2001, 01:54 PM   #2
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

Yes, you do need the charts for the Balduran's Island quest. Mendas, the guy with the accent in the house next to the dock at Ulgoth's Beard is the one who gives you the quest, the first part of which is to obtain the sea charts. (Always read your log, btw, whenever you receive a quest, as you will often find more specific information about the quest there.) Anyway, you are to go to the city of Baldur's Gate to the Counting House in the NE sector of the city. There are two separate subsections to this map, as it is divided by the old town wall, and I forget which map you approach it from to get in. But just keep trying from different spots from the two adjoining maps.
Old 12-04-2001, 02:47 PM   #3
Midget Gems

The Sea Charts are on the first floor of the Merchant's League building, you get them from the Captain by fighting or pick-pocketing.
You have to go north from the Thieves Guild to get there.
Interestingly this map is where Merek and Lothander are to be found and on my last run through I hadn't done their poison quest. I don't think I got poisoned by talking to them, at least I haven't died ......yet! [img]smile.gif[/img]
If you've already done Durlag's Tower then I guess these quests will be fairly easy for you.
Old 12-04-2001, 02:58 PM   #4
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

Actually the captain is upstairs on the second floor, isn't he?
Old 12-04-2001, 03:02 PM   #5
Alex Bunten
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the help, two questions? How do you enter the Merchant's league - I couldn't enter last time I was there and what if you killed mendas before you bring the sea charts back to him?
Old 12-04-2001, 03:42 PM   #6
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

If you killed Mendas before triggering his quest you are probably hosed - you can't do the islands his quest focuses on.

The merchant league will be closed to you initially and if you killed Mendas before you trigger the "find the sea charts" quest it will probably remain that way.

There are only two ways to recover from this:

One is reload a save prior to the point where you killed Mendas and secondly to possibly use the CLUA console codes to either jump to the isalnds, or to recreate Mendas and hope that you can retrigger his quest that way.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 09:51 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

You don't mean the Merchant League--you mean the Counting House owned by the Merchant League. 2 completely different buildings. If you enter the Counting house before taking Mendas' quest, the ship captain won't be there, just a security guard who sics his Blink Dogs on you. I don't know what happens if you kill the guard, then got talk to Mendas, then go back to the Counting House. Maybe the captain's there, maybe he isn't.

Why on earth would you kill a guy who wants to give you a quest? Well I mean sure, go ahead and try to kill him, but don't SAVE afterwards.

As for the other ToSC island, it's actually possible to go back to the Ice Island after you've beaten it. Not a very smart move, though. [img]smile.gif[/img]