Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2001, 11:05 PM   #21
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

This question was an easy one. DOGS ARE BY FAR THE BETTER OF THE TWO. Try teaching a cat to fetch. Try teaching a cat to sit. (I have seen a cat flush the toilet....who cares, she didn't use it, she just pushed a handle) Dogs provide home security (most do anyways ) If you have a small child and a puppy growing up at the same time, the dog will risk his/her life ensuring your child's safety. Faithful to the end. Cats on the other hand seem to scatter when trouble arises.

(Although 9 out of 10 dog-cat fights end up with the dog whimpering away....not used to the claws.)

My vote's still for the dogs.

BRING OUT THE HOUNDS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: Mitro Jellywadder ]

Old 11-09-2001, 09:44 AM   #22
Sir Byronas
Mephistopheles

DOG
More faithful
Better friend!
It will always help you!
Old 11-09-2001, 09:49 AM   #23
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Okay, I just wanna say something to all you who vote for dogs!

Real life isn't like Lassie!

A dog won't risk their life if you haven't trained them right!
I mean, rescuing dogs (maybe we only have them in sweden?) don't go through training 5 years, without a reason... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2001, 10:03 AM   #24
Epona
Zartan

Parakeets are by far the best pet. I have a budgie who is the light of my life (oh yes, apart from my bf of course)

Budgie pros:
Intelligent
Beautiful
Small
Don't smell
No long walks needed
Cheap to buy
Cheap to maintain
Vets bills not bad
No worms (or at least unlikely)
Can learn to talk
Like to be cuddled
Playful

Budgie cons:
Noisy
Messy (those little down feathers get everywhere, not to mention seed husks and poops)
Delicate lungs (goodbye teflon cookware, air freshener, insect spray, smoking, pot pourri, scented candles, pine disinfectant etc etc etc.)
Can develop psychological problems if neglected/bored - plucking & self mutilation
Need to be played with for several hours every day (good bird owners usually view this as a good thing)
Don't like being left alone
Old 11-09-2001, 10:36 AM   #25
Epona
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

That is so not true! I have a cat that when I was sad about my dad dying, he came up and layed down next to me, put his paw on my shoulder and meowed. He layed there with me for a long time.
Of course, when his sister got hungry, she came up and poked me in the eye, but that's another story.

Awww Moni - that's so sweet.
The bird I used to have could always tell when I was upset, and used to make little comforting baby bird noises to me. The new one isn't used to me to that extent yet.
Old 11-09-2001, 10:44 AM   #26
Moni

Thanks Epona!
(My) pets sure do have ways of making those nerve-grating qualities that they possess dim in comparison to the love they give!
Now, if I could just get that little one to stop poking me in the eye!

Old 11-09-2001, 10:58 AM   #27
Epona
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Thanks Epona!
(My) pets sure do have ways of making those nerve-grating qualities that they possess dim in comparison to the love they give!
Now, if I could just get that little one to stop poking me in the eye!

Does she poke you with her paw? Or is it a nose or tail job? It's probably her way of saying 'come on now, pull your socks up and move on, life goes on' Or possibly it is the food thing

There is nothing on this earth like having a companion that can read your moods and at the same time is so dependent on you. I quite like cats and dogs, but I'm a bird lady first and foremost. They're the best!
Old 11-09-2001, 11:09 AM   #28
Moni

quote:
Originally posted by Epona:

Does she poke you with her paw? Or is it a nose or tail job? It's probably her way of saying 'come on now, pull your socks up and move on, life goes on' Or possibly it is the food thing

There is nothing on this earth like having a companion that can read your moods and at the same time is so dependent on you. I quite like cats and dogs, but I'm a bird lady first and foremost. They're the best!

With her paw...straight into the eye LOL...At least I am usually resting or sleeping, so I have yet to be poked in the eyeball rather than the eyelid. It is her way of saying, "Hey, you! Get up! I'm hungry!" Sweety Pie (her older half-brother) taught it to her and they are both quite the sticklers with their breakfast schedule! [img]smile.gif[/img]

(EDIT) But what is the greatest about the both of them is when they are being affectionate, they very gently touch my nose or my chin for permission to rub under my chin with their heads. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-09-2001: Message edited by: Moni ]