Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2003, 06:44 PM   #1
Sythe
Ra

My first pet was a goldfish I won in a bottle ring contest. I won him and I got to name him and I named him Lucky. I thought he would bring luck. We barely had a fishbowl it was a small container kinda thing. My mom said that I should feed lucky once a day and I did that. When I came home from school I learned that lucky died after 1 week since we got him. Guess he wasn't so lucky especially not having a decent burial my parents just flushed him down the toilet.

The one I have now is the coolest cat. I wanted to name him Shadow but my sisters and mom objected and they decided to name him Prince. He is the cooolest cat EVER!!!!!! (Got him for free too neighbors gave him to me and had him since he was a kitten)
Old 02-27-2003, 07:04 PM   #2
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Well my first pet was a female dog named Sheba. She's been with us for 10 years now. It was nice having her as a puppy. Now she is full grown and lives outside in the dog pen. 1 or 2 years ago she had puppies. It started out with 2 then 7 then 12.... We gave all of them away except one male dog which we named Budro.
We never knew who the dog was that impregnated Sheba. Sheba is still with us today.
Budro was brown with bits of black near his eyes. He had those really cool floppy ears. He was the eldest of the group. Missy was the second eldest pup. Budro would jump the dog pen fences and climb over to see us. He enjoyed jumping on you. We had him for 1 year until this jumping over the fence(Which was roughly 5 feet) got him snatched by the dog pound. They kept him and called us and told us we could come pick him up...unforturnently he got out somehow and is still missing.I am not sure where he is though.
Before we had Budro and before we had Sheba we had Cally. A female Calico cat who was extremely lazy.Cally was mostly black with spots of white,yellow,and brown here and there. She wasn't really a house cat so we kept her outside. At night she would sleep under the house and in the mornings I'd feed her.My mom found her when she was visiting my sister over at her house and found Cally outside. Normally she probably would have left it there , but my sister's husband would have shot it because Cally would scare the chickens.( )When we moved to our new house(into an area next to the old house) Cally stayed at the old house before we sold it. She ended up dying under the house and was found by my dad when he was doing to work under there.
A few months after Budro had gone away we got another male dog named Sarge,another one of Sheba's pups. Sarge was given to a family who had to give him back some reason.(I can't remember what it was) Sarge is yellow with spots of white on him. Sarge is still with us today. I had some other pets. a frog/salamander/and turtle who i am not going to go into because I have forgotten about them...
Old 02-27-2003, 07:06 PM   #3
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Foehammer's infamous cats:

Frodo - 13 year old male 20 lb short-haired grey tabby - named him LONG before the LOTR movie - LOVES to be carried around on a shoulder - has to be your LEFT shoulder, throws a fit if you try to shift him to the other shoulder - also loves to have his stomach rubbed - he's the alpha cat [img]smile.gif[/img]

Frog - 1 year old male short-haired grey tabby - his mother is siamese and he has the personality to match - VERY vocal - he shrieks when he wants to be picked up, in fact he shrieks for no darn god reason - Frodo's best buddy

Bear aka Jobu - Frog's brother - 1 year old jet black short hair - also very vocal like his brother - Bear's favorite activity is swiming in the bath tub - go figure

Mortimer (aka Mighty Man) - 18 month old male orange long haired tabby - unlike frog and bear he has NO voice at all - he squeeks a bit, but rarely meows - he's ALL fur

Hobart - 3 year old male dark grey long haired tabby - an absolute sweetheart - extremely gentle and very shy

Elizabeth aka Betty - Frog and Bear's momma - pure siamese and a DEAD ringer for CHOC! surprisingly quiet for a siamese - another sweetheart - the ONLY female in the group - she has been spayed for her safety and MY piece of mind. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Dufus - 5 year old 15 lb male grey tabby - his name fits - lol - he and Frodo do NOT get along - territorial issues, Dufus wants to be king of the roost and Frodo KNOWS that he IS. lol

[ 02-27-2003, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: Micah Foehammer ]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 02-28-2003, 06:58 AM   #4
Irongrinder

I'm terrible at thinking up names
past pets
turtles:
Boris: A big one out in the garden which some people found in a water nearby, they brought it to a wateranimal shop and they gave it to us after we bought a small turtle which only lived for a week orso.
Whiskey: a very small tutrle which I had on my room. Didn't live long, was to scared to eat.
Vodka: whiskey's companion, a few years older, lived a lot longer as well.

Hamster:
Boebelie: a gray dwarf hamster. lived his natural years.
Pipo: a creamcoloured hamster. he died of a cold after 2 or 3 years(something like middleear infection).
Knabbel: Got him a long time after Pipo. A darkgray hamster. He also got the middleearinfection, but he survived after we gave him Brinta with a pipet for a few days. Died of natural causes.

Rat:
Cookie: a white with cream couloured spots rat. I got him a long time after Knabbel. This little creature was my sunshine. He was very tame and I played a lot with him. He died of old age as well.
Old 02-28-2003, 08:53 AM   #5
realbinky
Elminster

My first dog, when I was under 10, was named Cindy, she was a beagle. My parents named her and did all the work, but could not train her.

MY dog is a male husky/shepherd/rottweiler/something smallish mix, smart as a whip, but clumsy as anything, medium size (about 60 pounds) named Tiberius.

Both for the T in James T Kirk and Tiberius Ceaser. We call him Tibby mostly, and I refer to him as Notorious T-I-B, Sir, and Tiberius J on occasion. We've had him since age 6 weeks, he is approaching 8. He has epilipsy (a seizure every 5-6 weeks with medication, every 3-4 days without), has poisoned himself on pool line antifreeze, run away overnight, dislocated his hip, and had some wacky infected lump on his side that needed removal, but the bastard won't die, which is good, because he is like our first child (best behaved so far, too)

When we get him a playmate (soon) I think I will name him Augustus, as in Augustus Ceaser, and I can call him Augie (Augie Doggie). I want another husky and/or German Shepherd mutt, that is mostly the husky and/or shepherd. They are smart, and fun, and great with the kids.
Old 02-28-2003, 09:02 AM   #6
Mojo
Elminster

I once had a fish called "Chicken", just for comic effect (I was young).

Other pets have included Juan the fat hamster and my dog, Gidget.

Gidget was named when we first got him by my sister, who was only just learning to talk at the time...she kept pointing at him and saying "Gidget", so it kinda stuck. We later learned that Gidget is a real name...and a female's name nonetheless...
Old 02-28-2003, 03:20 PM   #7
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

We had two dogs when I was a baby. I can't remember their names now. But one of them got run over and we had to give the other one away because he bit me.

Polz (Slovene for snail) the snail. I was 5 and was hiding it in a box for a week before my mom found it. I wasn't very good at name-giving so I called it Snail. We set him free.

Then we had Piki the parakeet. He was really cute and he always sang when we were eating.

Biba the frog. I had them at aunt's who lived in the countryside. She escaped.

We also had a guinea pig called Pepe (Goofy in English), but only for a day because my mom is terryfied of rodents ("They're all rats."), so we had to give him away the next day. The same day, mom gave us all baths and desinfected the whole flat. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Liza the turtle, who we all thought was female but then 'she' got ill and we found out she was a boy. He had an operation because he had a bump on his neck, but he fell into shock and then died.

Brejc the turtle, who was a companion for Liza, and of course, we thought it was a boy but it turned out to be a girl, again when 'he' got sick. Apparently she had something which the vet called 'turtle plague'. It was supposedly happening to a lot of turtles bought in the shops.

Jaka the turtle, who was a boy (for real). We got him to keep company to Brejc, but unfortunately we didn't know Brejc was already sick so Jaka got ill too. He died a while after Brejc. He sort of fell asleep and was almost 'rotting' alive, so we had him put to sleep. The vets said he wouldn't make it. Some people thought we had gone a bit crazy having surgeries, and medicine and treatments for turtles, but I loved them. [img]smile.gif[/img] We even made them small coffins (because they died only a couple of months old) and I buried them behind the building under a tree. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Then I had frog spawn, and I named all of those little thingies. But then they started eating each other so I let them go. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Miskolin the hamster, who died when he was 2 years old. I bought him secretly and kept him hidden from my mom for about 2 weeks. Then my dad convinced her to let me keep him. At the end she actually started to like him, I think, and I made her hold him a bit.

Lisa the gold-fish. She died because of some weird disease. I still have no clue what happened, but it looked as if her intestines had fallen out of her... weird.

And then there's Niki, my puppy. I put a photo of him on Stealthy's site, so you can see it there.
http://groups.msn.com/StealthysSite/...to&PhotoID=610
He's 11 years old now, and he's been feeling well until now. His bones are starting to hurt a bit, so he's taking vitamins and my mom makes sure he sleeps on warm and soft places. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm in Sweden, but he had to stay in Slovenia, so it's a bit hard. I miss him a lot. I still talk to him on the phone though.

I think these are all the pets I've had (put chronologically). I hope I didn't forget any.

[ 02-28-2003, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: Spelca ]
Old 02-28-2003, 03:35 PM   #8
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

My first pet was a bunny named Nibbles.

Also had two cats.
Dusty - Liked to get all covered in soot by climbing in the fire place.

Frisky - Younger brother of dusty, extremely hyper and playful, great personality.
Old 02-28-2003, 03:56 PM   #9
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

We have had a ton of pets, living in the country they come and go quiet abit..Here are some of the more significant ones we have had.

I barley remember this dog, but I think she was a Blue heeler mixed with something. We had her when I was around 3, her name was Beth. She had a batch of puppies I think we gave them all away. Thats really all I remember of her.

Then we had 2 cats for a while, A black one and an orange one. We had these while I was at a young age as well, so I dont remember much about them either. I remember the black one was mean
AS HELL . You could just be sitting there on the couch and it would come up and claw you for reason! As a matter of fact, we tied a little bell around him so we new when he was comming,hehe...Dont remember much about the Orange one.

Lets see, then we had another extremely cool cat named Sox. This cat was HUGE. You would think he was a gray bob cat if you ever saw him. I liked that cat alot. He was the smartest feline I had ever seen. He would jump up on a door handle and turn it so he could open it, really! It was pretty weird. But just like all tom cats he kept taking leaves and finally just stopped coming back.

Then we had a few rabbits. Oscar was my favorite, a realy fat, floppy eared brown rabbit. Not muich to say about him, a rabbits are kind of boring. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Then we got a pair of Border Collie brothers, one as my dads and one was my sisters, Snoozer was my dads and Bandit was my sisters. Bandit one day just up and dissapered one day. But I never liked him much anyway for some reason, and now I have aboustley nothing to do with his dissaperence [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Then we got Gwenevere, a Gronendael Belgian Shepherd. There was so many cool thing about that her, I dont even know where to begin. So I just wont begin, and leave it at that. [img]tongue.gif[/img] She unfourently died a rahter tragic death

Then we got Bon, a boxer. Another really cool dog. I swear, he acts exacley like a human, and its errie how he reacts to some of the things we say. He gives us lots of laughs. He is 1 year old now, and we got him when he was 6 weeks old.

After bon we got 2 cats. We never really named them for some reason. 1 was male and 1 was female. He nicked name the male cat 'WompusCat'. Hehe, its a long a story...I wonder if anyone from Itaska posts on IW.....Er anyway, he evenchally left just like all tom cats, but the female is sitll with us.

And recently, my sister got yet another dog and named her Ginger. She is a three month old Collie/Lab mix. We have just had her a few days so not alot to post about her yet. But I can say this, she can be pretty aggressive when Bon trys and takes her toys [img]tongue.gif[/img] .
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 02-28-2003, 04:25 PM   #10
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

We currently have two dogs. One is an 8 month old Redbone Hound mix (If your familiar with the Old TV show HEE HAW, it's the Dog you see Junior Samples with in the "Gloom, dispair, agony on me" skit. I also think there was one in the Beverly Hillbillies. I know... I'm dating myself. I'm old; OK!). Her name is Lucy (named her for Lucille Ball. She had red hair too). Lucy came from the local animal shelter, here in Knox County. We got a 3 year old Basset Hound named Blossom about three weeks ago. She is an Animal Rescue dog. We found her on the internet.

(Gets on soapbox) If you are currently looking for a dog or a cat, I strongly urge you to look at your local animal shelter! There are many animals waiting to be adopted there. You also should give Animal Rescues a good look if you are looking for a particular breed. A lot of times you can get an older pet that is already been house broken and is out of that "chew everything up" puppy stage. They make wonderful pets! (Gets off soapbox) K. speech over!