Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2004, 07:35 PM   #41
Niadh
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by General Nosaj:
Generally I hate NEDs. Those tracksuit wearing, thick, aaaaaaaaaaah!!
Couldn't agree more than that.

I also hate people who are rude to you when working. Bartenders don't, much to some people's surprise, enjoy having cheek thrown at them. I also get annoyed at people who think it is great to tip you with the 3p from the change, it doesn't make a difference when split between 5 people.
A Knight is sworn to darkness. <br />His heart knows only hatred.<br />His sword destroys the helpless,<br />His might imprisons the weak.<br />His wrath upholds the wicked, <br />His word speaks only lies.<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.boomspeed.com/niadh/newiwsig.jpg\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 01-28-2004, 08:17 PM   #42
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Dislike trolls. Dislike annoying people in general.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:

Don't come up to me and ask if your child is the cutest thing I ever saw. I will tell you not in a million years [img]tongue.gif[/img]
LB, if I ever had a child, I wouldn't let you anywhere near it . Nothing personal dear [img]tongue.gif[/img] *shudders* knowing you, depending on what age the child was, you'd tell it bad things about me. Or just glare. ^^
Old 01-28-2004, 10:33 PM   #43
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
*sighs*

Maybe some people will learn down the road that plush is better [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Not to get real picky about this subject, but why refer to it at all? What is the point? Like for instance, that new "reality" show ( ) "My big fat obnoxious fiance". How freekin steriotypacle is that? I mean not only is obnoxious, but he's fat to! How awfull!
Give me a freekin break! You ask my wife about ME being fat. It makes no differance what so ever to ANYTHING AT ALL. Wonder why they did'nt call it "My big black obnoxious fiance"?
[/QUOTE]Honestly I think that the "My big fast oboxious fiance." is coming from the name of the movie called "My big fat Greek wedding." I don't think they meant anything stereotypical about it, then again, I could be wrong.

People who annoy me... stereotypical people, racists, inconsiderate people, people who refer to people with a mexican heritage as "beaners", bullies, A few other kinds of people as well.
[/QUOTE]Sorry to do this, but do you realize how hypocritical that statemnet was? "Stereotypical people annoy me." That in itself is a stereotypical statement! yet again, no offense meant, Someguy, just thought some guy (yes, bad pun) should point one of the many inconsistencies of this thread. BTW, if we analyze our own posts, we may be surprised at our stereotypicalness. (If not a word, it should be!) [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Well, later, everyone. (And please dont throw rocks at me!)
Old 01-28-2004, 11:02 PM   #44
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
When did saying someone is fat become an insult?

If someone says I'm fat (I am a bit), I tell him it's for insulation, it's winter and it gets cold here, I make a joke of it, I don't take it as an insult.
If you are fat it's an fact... like the sky is blue, if people told the sky it was blue it would probably not get offended.
If people tell you are an idiot or a a..hole, insult your family or try to put you down you have every right to be offended it's questionable... but before you get offended when someone says you are fat... look in a mirror.
And if you get offended by what you see maybe you should do something about it... else just ignore the comment, if you feel good about yourself it's wonderful and there is no need to let what others think put you down, they probably have a closet full of psychological issue for themselves to sort through which is probably why they tried to insult you in the first place...
I must say that I wholeheartedly agree with wat Jorath says here. You guys are simply pushing it too far by blowing Lord of Things' comment about someone he hates up into something that's not even worth it. I mean: Cloudy, come on. Why should you point him to the rules and regulations for something small like that? [/QUOTE]It has to do with what context it is spoken. The only thing he stated was "annoying" to him about this guywas that he is "fat" and "really annoying". He is insinuating that fat people annoy him. If this is true, I am sorry for him, but he is entitled to his opinion. I am assuming though that generally fat people dont annoy him, and he is just using his wieght as a negative to explain him. That is the stereotype we sensitives are talking about. As with example I stated before, its no differant than using someones color, or religion to negatively explain someone that "annoys" you in other ways. For example: I do get annoyed with overwieght people who dont practice bathing on a regular basis. Its not thier wieght that annoys me, but the fact that these people will usually have stronger body oder, and dont take responsability for it by bathing properly. (I work with a guy like this)
So you see, its all in the context. My origanal responce to Lord of things was, why mention his wieght at all? He still has not answered...???

P.S. Sorry Cloudy.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:14 AM   #45
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

My guess is he isn't answering because some people jumped up his @$$ straight off, honestly [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-29-2004, 01:19 AM   #46
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Please read our Rules at:
http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/noncgi/rules.html

--------
Be Nice: No posting of material that antagonizes, harasses or creates hostility toward another user or group of. If you are angry with someone in the forum, take it up with him/her through private channels like e-mail or ICQ.
---------

Closing now........

[ 01-29-2004, 01:19 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album