Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2002, 11:39 PM   #1
Detah
Dungeon Master

I have a party of 6. 3 of my characters were members of the Warrior Guild, Guild Level 2 and they merrily went and solved the Sword of Mastus quest. They returned to the Armory and in turn each received their xp and Guild Level 3 status.

A little while later, I entered 2 of my other characters into the Warriors Guild. They both solved the first 2 of the Warriors Guild quests. But now Smitty in his infinite wisdom will not even give them the third quest (fetch the Sword of Mastus quest). Anyone know a workaround for this so I can get these 2 characters to Guild Level 3 status too??

Detah
Detah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 07:25 AM   #2
Jazzid
Manshoon

I don't think that it's possible to get the quest for the remaining characters from the smith in Valeia. But you'll get new opportunities to advance when you get to Ishad N'ha.

If you want ALL of your characters to do the same quest you'll have to make sure that they've all joined the particular quild.

//Jazzid
Old 01-21-2002, 08:32 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

THere are a couple of quests that once completed cannot be given to other characters. For the most part this isn't a big problem. There are ways to get characters to join all the available guilds (stats allowing) which can be a big advantage.

Your characters should be fine! The max guild level is 7 and there are more quests to be had in the other towns!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 10:35 PM   #4
Detah
Dungeon Master

That was my main concern...that the 2 late guild members would not be able to ever attain Guild Level 7. Im glad to hear that L7 is still attainable for them. I kept going back to Mastus' tomb hoping that it would trigger Smitty into giving them the quest and xp for it. But after 4 trips down there, I figured it was hopeless.

Thank you all for your feedback. Youve been very helpful.

BTW, my skill lists for each guild are roughly 3/7th done. Ill post it when Ive observed all 7 levels for each guild.

I hope in W&W2 (if there is ever such a thing), that the makers will calibrate the gp value / item a little better. My goal is to just purchase basic skills for my characters (1 with blacksmithing, 1 with scout, 1 with artifacts/bless and 1 with artifacts/enchat) before leaving the first area of Veleia, but I find myself killing stuff just to sell their items to make a tiny sum. The result is that I am so powerful in levels/hp/spells/damage, that each encounter is not even challenging. What a shame the gp balance is so messed up. I dont ever implement or exploit bugs and cheats in a game; I really try to play by 'the rules'. But when 20 hours of gameplay turns into 80 just trying to develop skill level 1 basic skills, Im really considering exploiting the Inn trick.

I hope the past and present discussions of this topic make their way into the correct ears.

Detah the scribe
Detah is offline   Reply With Quote