Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2003, 05:38 PM   #1
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

He announced live on his radio show that he would be going to rehab for his painkiller addiction. Maybe thats why he made those ignorant comments about Donovan McNabb, he was all loopy on painkillers.
Old 10-10-2003, 06:02 PM   #2
Seraph
Quintesson

Quote:
Maybe thats why he made those ignorant comments about Donovan McNabb
Yeah, I'm sure that the first two awful games that the Eagles had didn't have anything to do with it right?
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 06:52 PM   #3
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Well, at least he still can qualify for a promising career as a conservative housewife.
Old 10-11-2003, 02:03 AM   #4
HolyWarrior
User Suspended for 2 weeks by Ziroc [Dec30]

At least Rush never said that blacks don't know how to use punch card ballots in California...
HolyWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 08:19 AM   #5
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

With the ACLU telling blacks and hispanics they are complete idiots, why should he Holy Warrior?
khazadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 07:09 AM   #6
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
With the ACLU telling blacks and hispanics they are complete idiots, why should he Holy Warrior?
Can you provide us with a link for this?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 01:14 PM   #7
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph:
quote:
Yeah, I'm sure that the first two awful games that the Eagles had didn't have anything to do with it right? [/QUOTE]Almost every quarterback to ever play in the NFL has lost two games in a row at some point, and most of the time it wasn't because of an ignorant coaching staff trying to make a scrambling QB a pocket QB. Would you say all quarterback in the NFL are overrated based on that point? Probably not. McNabb is very very talented. I didn't hear overrated when he was going to division championship game. Rush is just a borderline racist, drug addict that knows nothing about football. I hope somone at ESPN got fired for hiring him in the first place.

[ 10-13-2003, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe ]
Old 10-14-2003, 12:17 AM   #8
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

I listened to Rush's show back in the very early 1990s; after a couple of years he started getting on my nerves, so I quit listening. The last time I listened to him (some months ago) I realized that gone were the old days of incisive commentary, because he had degenerated into nothing but being a Democrat-basher. These days, I don't bother giving him any thought...but I must say this disclosure makes for some really jiucy gossip. [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img]

Why was he an ESPN correspondent, anyway? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] How does political commentary become experience needed to land a job as a sports commentator? [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 01:06 PM   #9
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

All I can say about poor delusional Rush is

HARDY HAR HAR!!!!!!!!!

This fine, upstanding man who once proclaimed that drug addicts should be locked in jail and the key thrown away manages to get imself addicted to what is referred to as "Hillbilly Heroin?" The irony of it is too funny to even contemplate...I love it. Now, if we could just get Howard Stern too...
Old 10-19-2003, 05:39 PM   #10
Seraph
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe:
quote:
Originally posted by Seraph:
quote:
Yeah, I'm sure that the first two awful games that the Eagles had didn't have anything to do with it right? [/QUOTE]Almost every quarterback to ever play in the NFL has lost two games in a row at some point, and most of the time it wasn't because of an ignorant coaching staff trying to make a scrambling QB a pocket QB. Would you say all quarterback in the NFL are overrated based on that point? Probably not. [/QUOTE]Did I say a thing about the Eagles loseing? No I didn't. If I had wanted to say "Yeah, I'm sure that the Eagles loseing their first two games had nothing to do with it" then I would have, don't put words in my mouth. Winning a game, and the QB playing a good game arn't the same thing, look at last weeks Giants - New England game, the giants Collins outperformed Brady substantually in the first half, yet at the end of the half, New England was ahead. Or look at this weeks Giants - Eagles game, again Collins played a better game for the most part, but the Giants still lost. In the latter case, the Giants were done in by their special teams.

Anyway getting back to my point, I didn't say a thing about loseing, I said that the Eagles had awful games. In their first game of the regular season, the Eagles were 2-11 on third down coversions, averaged a little over 3 yards a pass, and had around a 50% pass completion rate. In their second game, they were 3-14 on third down coversions, again averaged a little over 3 yars a pass, and had a little over a 40% pass completion rate.

If you compare that to when McNabb actually looked like he knew how to play football, and you'll notice a huge difference.

[ 10-20-2003, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: Seraph ]
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote