Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2004, 12:00 PM   #1
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

WOW!!!

That is all I can say, sure it's strange, but I expected no less.
I got it for christmas and I love it.

Who else has seen it, and what do you think?

my favourite part is where "Pink" smashes the hotel room up ("one of my turns" is my favourite song on "The Wall" anyway so I was bound to like it), also the part where "Pink" dreams of destroying the school, and the parts where he is in the uniform with the hammers.

Spectacular movie in my opinion, it is obscure, but if you have seen it I would like to know your opinion.
Intrepid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 03:42 PM   #2
Chewbacca
Zartan

Obscure? Not here. Pink Floyd's 'Darkside of the Moon' was on the Album sales charts here for a record 15 years.

Great film indeed, but mainly because The Wall is a great album, both musically and conceptually. I love The whole build-up of tension through the whole film to the end and the Comfortably Numb part in particular.

A rumor was floating around earlier in the year that a Broadway Theatrical version of The Wall was being developed.
Old 12-25-2004, 03:47 PM   #3
Nerull
Lord Ao

A good movie. Lots of symbolism. I love the part depicting the Battle of Britain ("Goodbye Blue Skies") and the trial at the end (from "Stop" on). However, I also like the school scenes ("Another Brick in the Wall") and the part with the uniforms/hammers near the end (especially "Run Like Hell", where he lashes out against the world). The whole thing is one big character study, and with all of the symbolism involved it is not surprising that the movie is a mainstay in the drug culture (let's face it, the average person sees something like this movie and just thinks "freaky" and does not try to understand it).

I've always recommended the movie to anyone that asked, but most times people see it and rip into me for recommending it (mostly because they didn't understand it).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 09:50 AM   #4
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

A Broadway production would be amazing, I'm not sure if they would use the original soundtrack or the actor's singing, I know I would prefer the original, but it would just seem weird to have a production of nothing but miming to the music.

Well, some of my friends like Pink Floyd's music, and especially "The Wall" album, so I think they will like this movie, still, I think it will be a little hard for some of them to swallow. I will show them anyway, and I don't care, if they like it they like it, if they don't they are entitled to that opinion (so long as they don't complain heaps).
But I am defiantly sure they will like it, although at times through the film I just thought WTF, but it's absolutely great, just the freedom, and unreservedness of Rodger Waters. What I mean is, I feel slightly... 'embarrassed' maybe, to show people it, and Rodger must have just not cared, and made it anyway, and I'm glad he did.
Old 12-26-2004, 07:48 PM   #5
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

I haven't seen the movie, but interesting enough a professional pc case modder made a case which was based on off the wall, and it rocked. Bear with me while I find the page.
Old 12-27-2004, 06:32 AM   #6
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Yeah, I love this movie, plus the hundreds of parodies that have been made of certain scenes.
Saw it a while ago (but I have the DVD) mainly because my dad is THE BIGGEST Pink floyd fan.
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 10:01 AM   #7
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
Yeah, I love this movie, plus the hundreds of parodies that have been made of certain scenes.
Saw it a while ago (but I have the DVD) mainly because my dad is THE BIGGEST Pink floyd fan.
wow, you have never mentioned that before, and I didn't really think of you as a person that would have the patience to sit through a movie like that.
what in particular did you like about it?

[ 01-10-2005, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: Intrepid ]
Old 12-27-2004, 10:22 AM   #8
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

lol, It wasnt my dad that really got me into Pink Floyd, it was Craig [img]tongue.gif[/img]
When it shows the school making him "Faceless" is the part that I remember most, but my favourite would be the animated scenes, although they are extremely weird, they make alot of sense.
Plus they look cool [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote