Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2002, 03:19 PM   #1
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
possible spoiler ahead:
>
>
>
>
>
>
I have spoken with Ennelia in Chapter One and am trying to make my way through this area. Across one of the bridges, my party gets attacked by several worg riders and ice trolls. There are way too many of them and I have lowered the difficulty level to easiest and still can't make it through without some of my party getting killed. I have destroyed the war drums too. I seem to have tried everything, but can't come up with any good solutions to make it through here. Any advice here will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 11-03-2002, 03:53 PM   #2
Lord Corwin
The Magister

Try to use ranged weapons to take out the Warg riders. What kinda magic do you have? Wizard? Sorcerer? Any of your guys Aasimar?

Use a combo of meelee weapons,and fire spells and potions on the trolls.
The reason I asked about Aasimar characters,is they have that Sunscorch spell... good for taking out Trolls.And most anything else for that matter...

Think that`s how I got by it...
Old 11-03-2002, 05:03 PM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Those Worg Riders that appear from nowhere signiy that a drum has been activated. As soon as you kill them, another 2 or 3 will be re-summoned within about 30 secs. This makes it quite important to get to the drum pretty quickly (well unless you are using the drums to generate quick XP). There was one really tough group that was slightly above centre on the right. I think I dealt with them by going all the way to the top then coming back down the other side.
Old 11-03-2002, 05:04 PM   #4
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

I am using some ranged weapons. My characters are Level 5, fighter, barbarian, druid, rogue and sorceress. I am using spells and potions. I am doing ok until someone does some kind of spell, like a shower of blades or sparks, which does most of my characters in. I am getting very frustrated at not being able to get past this part. I know I got two drums, are there more?

[ 11-03-2002, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: Lady Avalon ]
Old 11-03-2002, 05:34 PM   #5
Nightowl2
Galvatron

There are three drums, one near each bridge. Until all have been destroyed, you can expect more worg riders to keep showing up.

If you've been crossing over the first bridge, you may want to change tactics and try the farther one up the west side. Check for traps first

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 05:47 PM   #6
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

I guess that is my problem. I can't seem to get to the third drum. I am getting bombarded before I can get that far.
Old 11-03-2002, 05:56 PM   #7
Nightowl2
Galvatron

One thing to keep in mind: it's always one of those robed spellcasters that goes to beat on the drum. If you can take him out, you'll have some relief.

The toughest section is in the NE, with the trolls. The top guy, Trugnuk, is there, and he's a pain. You really want to leave that one for last.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 09:08 PM   #8
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

What I did is make my rogue sneak up to each drum and then destroy, then run back to the party... it gets rid of the pesky worg riders
[img]\"http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwARAyMWqyivmPQQNWY0hVVRv3oUvlvq5uMcEd3!RZut55dm8 emNqpdvpE7IkB0Cpa1ykaC4MbaPQTDKfXyfz!1y5xDqyJez01d EkyCZjmc/Callum.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Puff the magic dragon!
Callum Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 09:36 PM   #9
Lord Corwin
The Magister

True.. but it also cuts down on the Exp points.... I would rather fight... run some... heal,return... and rack up points.
But if you are looking to just get through the area... then yes.. Callum Kerr`s idea is best...

I`m pretty sure.. forget.. but I think my rogue took out some drums with his crossbow... so I think it can be done from a distance... if you want to do that... don`t give the guy anything to beet on... and no help comes for them..
Old 11-03-2002, 10:23 PM   #10
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Thanks everyone. Finally got through it. Got the drums and Trugnuk too. Whew, what a fierce battle. I was very determined to get through it and I did. Had to go back to Targos to buy more spells and potions and used just about everything I had.