Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2001, 08:02 AM   #1
saturnalia

I've been bitten by the sucubus in the shurugeon castle, now i've been having the effect of bloodthirst, this eats away your hp's slowly. I've tried heal, potions & even raise dead to no avail, the healing doesnt work just fizzles & the raise dead will but i still have the bloodthirst.

is there any way out of this ?
Old 05-07-2001, 08:22 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

You've become a vampire yourself.

There is no cure save to restore the game and not allow her to bite you next time. General opinion is that it really isn't worth while playing the game as a vampire. It is a little easier to do so if you have run the patch and have the ring (that's later in the game).

RESTORE is your best option.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 08:23 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Also:

Welcome to the board, saturnalia!!!!!!

(I'm just waking up! )

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 05:58 PM   #4
skywalker
Banned User

Welcome saturnalia!

The only way to heal your vampiric character is by biting your opponents. If you decide to keep your character this way, make sure you keep an item in the left hand, if not, the bite will miss.
I ran a single character as a vampire and had the Vampire Ring to keep her from losing too many Hitpoints. She almost died when she changed to Monk class and could not hold anything in the left hand or wear the ring. If you don't have the ring, I think any ring or amulet blessed with regeneration will help.
The temple will heal a Vampire, too (I think- it's been a while since I played a vampire).
Not all adversaries will yield hit points when bitten, some undead do and some don't. Mantraps do not, but Erasthmedor does- she tasted both!
Give it a shot, it is a challenge and I thought it was fun.
Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 07:07 PM   #5
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hey Saturnalia! I played through my first game with a Vampire character - got that way the same way you did - unexpectedly. LOL It was a challenge to say the least, but it can be done. It can also be a "BITE" (pun intended) Let us know if you reload or carry on, please.

Mammawlin Barbarian (cousin to Mammawlin)
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote