Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2002, 03:05 PM   #71
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Ewwww
LOL, that's what you girls get for opening the can of worms. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2002, 03:15 PM   #72
Thoran
Galvatron

I personally don't care one way or the other. The only thing I don't like is when the hair is at the prickly stage, but I'm sure if a woman just leaves her legs alone the hair will get long enough to be soft. I suppose if your leg hair comes in very dark it might look a bit strange, but most women I've know have very light hair on their legs.

I recommend people make choices for appearance that feel right for THEM... not for others.
Old 11-19-2002, 03:17 PM   #73
Thoran
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
At Galadria's suggestion, I had my back waxed, once. Didn't hurt hardly at all, but it was expensive. So, now, when she complains, I make her do it herself. It is one of life's sad ironies that, as a man looses his top hair, he gains it on his back (and, often, ears). [img]tongue.gif[/img]
lol... and nose, and face, and... ahem... backside [img]smile.gif[/img] , and toes, and chest, and stomach. Some of us just get a little, some of us start to look a bit like lowland guirella's. LOL
Old 11-19-2002, 03:19 PM   #74
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Quote:
It is one of life's sad ironies that, as a man looses his top hair, he gains it on his back (and, often, ears). [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sad but true. I too am getting the back hair thing, but not the ears and I still have a full head of (graying) hair. It seems to have gotten grayer with the arrival of our third (and last) child almost three months ago! [img]smile.gif[/img]

BTW, what's up with the hairy chest thing? I thought all women liked big hairy chests! Of course it probably doesn't look as good if they have a big hairy belly to go with it! Especially in a speedo about 5 sizes to small!!! (picture that ladies)

Mel, I must protest most vehemently about the beer belly thing. Do you know how much work goes into acquiring a belly such as this? Let me tell you, it's not easy creating a work of art such as this!!! Ask LofA. It requires a daily regimen of meat, potatoes and vast quanities of beer. Not to mention the time ispent at the local bar, pub or Stroh haus. Just think of that the next time you suggest to a man that they lose that beer belly!!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Old 11-19-2002, 03:28 PM   #75
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

As for guys shaving, I know guys, not just swimmers, who shave - completely. Look at your beefcake posters in the local Wal-Mart that they sell your tennage daughters to pin up on the wall. Those guys - in fact most all male models doing below-the-neck modeling - are shaved AND oiled.
Old 11-19-2002, 03:40 PM   #76
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
At Galadria's suggestion, I had my back waxed, once. Didn't hurt hardly at all, but it was expensive. So, now, when she complains, I make her do it herself. It is one of life's sad ironies that, as a man looses his top hair, he gains it on his back (and, often, ears). [img]tongue.gif[/img]
About 5 years ago, I used Neat or something similar to remove my backhair. It was quick, painless, and looked great! Until each of the individual hairs came back ingrown.

OMG! Not only did it look disgusting, but it hurt like the devil.

I go natural these days. There just something sexy about a guy with a belly on the beach who has has back hair parted neatly to the side. It's all the rage! REALLY.
Old 11-19-2002, 03:41 PM   #77
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Just try the wax - it does hurt, but it's worth the effort. Women have higher pain treshholds than men anyway [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Try wax strips rather than the stuff you have to melt yourself. You can also get oriental wax, which is sugar-based and can be washed off with water [img]smile.gif[/img]
I usually just shave but wax is handy for in the summer.

On the subject in general, I'm sorry I ever started doing it! I'm a light blond and had hardly any hair until I started the bloody shaving business. And I also agree with some people here that you shouldn't shave to live up to some bloody man's ideal if you really don't want to yourself. Or ask him to get rid of his beerbelly first [img]tongue.gif[/img] LOL
I think it's pretty ridiculous the way some men expect women to bend over backwards to be aesthetically pleasing when they themselves often look absolutely horrible. I do shave because I like the smoothness and I do like to be appreciated by my b/f, but I don't feel obliged to.
Interesting stuff! I never knew there were that many types of wax!
And BOY do I know what you mean about wishing you never started shaving!
The whole society/culture thing is interesting. I know that there are peoples in the world who DON'T make a woman remove much of her body hair to be considered attractive....now if we could just import that standard! LOL

Actually I also shave for the feel of it and for my fiance, but if I don't get to it for a few days, he's never once complained! I think he's pretty nifty! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2002, 03:45 PM   #78
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
quote:
It is one of life's sad ironies that, as a man looses his top hair, he gains it on his back (and, often, ears). [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sad but true. I too am getting the back hair thing, but not the ears and I still have a full head of (graying) hair. It seems to have gotten grayer with the arrival of our third (and last) child almost three months ago! [img]smile.gif[/img]

BTW, what's up with the hairy chest thing? I thought all women liked big hairy chests! Of course it probably doesn't look as good if they have a big hairy belly to go with it! Especially in a speedo about 5 sizes to small!!! (picture that ladies)

Mel, I must protest most vehemently about the beer belly thing. Do you know how much work goes into acquiring a belly such as this? Let me tell you, it's not easy creating a work of art such as this!!! Ask LofA. It requires a daily regimen of meat, potatoes and vast quanities of beer. Not to mention the time ispent at the local bar, pub or Stroh haus. Just think of that the next time you suggest to a man that they lose that beer belly!!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/QUOTE]LOL! Sir Taliesin, you're making me choke from giggling and trying to hide it from a room full of people who think I've gone mad! [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] The speedo thing got me...
Old 11-19-2002, 07:21 PM   #79
Belle
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Belle here, here goes my 2 cents worth. Personally I shave every couple of days. I hate the feeling of having hairy legs, I guess that is just the girly girl coming out in me. I just feel more sexy and attractive if my legs are smooth. I mean, I could have live without shaving ever got introduced to me, but thanks to my aunt giving my uncle a razor and him shaving my legs for the first time, I now have to shave. Waxing, no, way too painful. Creams, they stink and half of them don't work, well the ones I have tried. So, easy just to relax in a bath, chill every two days and shave my legs and come out with long lean, smooth legs for me and Azred to enjoy, *blushes*. So good luck on the choice you make, all part of being a woman, and may the force be with you minus the pain, lol.
Belle
Old 11-20-2002, 03:36 AM   #80
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

I have to shave my breast, my shoulders and am considering shaving my... ahem... legs too.

The reason is I get a massage once a week, because I am a sports addict with constantly sore muscles, and the pain of getting my body hair pulled out by the masseuse outweights the pain of the muscles.

Hairy Potter.