Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2001, 04:59 PM   #1
Dramnek_Ulk

A band is apparantly doing a musical interpretation of the tale of drizzt do' urden. This is from from their website...

"Discography

The Rise and Fall of House Do'Urden

Release Year: 2001

Genre: Progressive Power Metal

Credits: Written and performed by Avalon Burning (Kevyn LeBlanc and Diane Morrison, aka Sable)

Track List: To be announced

Concept: Inspired by R.A. Salvatore's bestselling Dark Elf Trilogy, this album seeks to tell the tale of Drizzt Do'Urden's early years, and his escape from the dark world of the drow.

Samples: Lastborn
Raid By Moonlight (album version)
Lore
The Reckoning (demo)
The Grand Melee (instrumental demo)
Underdark [interlude]"

There are some samples at mp3.com, But beware as they are AWFUL!

Old 11-28-2001, 05:05 PM   #2
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Well at least I know what isnt going on the christmass list, in fact I also now know what im going to seal into a lead ball and fire into the sun. Conveniant that.
Old 11-28-2001, 05:15 PM   #3
Sorcerer Alex

My sentiments exactly. How could someone actually go ahead and do something like that?

Old 11-28-2001, 05:22 PM   #4
Dramnek_Ulk

quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
My sentiments exactly. How could someone actually go ahead and do something like that?

Not enough time spent outside in the fresh air, not enough reality and too much naive idealism and foolishness. I hope TSR slams them on copyright infringement or something.

Old 11-28-2001, 09:32 PM   #5
Debaser

uhhhhh....yeahhhh. looks and sounds like a winner. TO POOP ON! [img]graemlins/finger.gif[/img] that's got to be the worst music i've heard in a long long long time........... [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2001, 09:41 PM   #6
Encard
Quintesson

Is the music that bad? Hmm... *sigh* I guess I'd better listen to it, then...
Old 11-28-2001, 10:06 PM   #7
Encard
Quintesson

Hmm... I just listened to the crazy little "Lastborn" song, and I say... KILL IT!!!!!!!!!! I've hear worse music, except for the bloody stupid singing.... *shudder* Maybe it's just my taste in music, but I don't like it much at all...
Old 11-29-2001, 08:23 AM   #8
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

[img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] TELL me that you are just kidding me... please please please...
it's it's just sounded .... stupid!
Old 11-29-2001, 08:48 AM   #9
Melusine
Dracolisk

[img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img]
OMFG...this is soooo horrible! This is exactly the sort of cr*p I had to listen to when I was a reviewer for an underground metal mag....yuck!!!
Listening to it right now (Raid in the Moonlight) and not sure whether I want to laugh or cry. The guitars are totally off-key, and as for the female vocalist, calling her singing off-key would be giving her too much credit...

Ick.
Old 11-29-2001, 09:17 AM   #10
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

man, the "Raid in Moonlight" is such a wonderful song, I suggest everyone listen to it. It pointedly reminded me of "X-wings" and the famous rythem of "All your base are belong to us." just a slightly weaker version with a twisted deformed male voice... wait, it is a female? oops

I quickly switched my tune from "Lastborn" to something else, because the lyrics are so funny, I couldnt stop laughing. I havent had such humorous experience for a long. Indeed, it was so good until I paid attention... then I felt embarrased. whoever wrote that and actually sung it just committed a crime against all Savltore R.A. fans.

actually, the only good part about the music, or noise (personal preference here) is the piano solo part. except there isn't really any pianos in it... sigh, just lovely

"The spider goddess... The spider goddess... The spider goddess...."
oh my God, I am a f*cking moron to even start listening to this... it wont get off my ear drums now!!!