Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2001, 07:05 AM   #11
Sir_Tainly

I had the bullying too when I was in Yorkshire and when we moved to Lincolnshire it occured there too, so I too sympathise, Balgin.

Only 4 days to go (including today) Hopefully will finish IWD by Friday.

------------------

'Cloudbringer for Spamturny General' - BK
-Powered by Tainly Corp

Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123
Old 03-24-2001, 04:28 PM   #12
Sir_Tainly

Looks like I was wrong, HoW isn't out today 24th, perhaps it hasn't made it here yet. Anyone know if it was out in London on the 23rd, Epona?

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF
Old 03-25-2001, 07:06 AM   #13
Epona
Zartan

Sir Tainly, yep, out in London on 23rd as promised.

I suggest you harass your games store - get them to order one for you. It's not easy to spot when it's on the shelves, cos it's in a DVD style case rather than a box.

I have restarted with a new party, so won't actually get to HOW for ages (I'm just starting Dragon's Eye) but it's really good to have scroll cases, potion bags and gem bags from the start. Makes life a lot easier.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas.
Epona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2001, 07:21 AM   #14
Sir_Tainly

Cheers Epona,

Probably take a while for stuff to reach us here in the sticks, I'll probably go into town later this week and give Game grief

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF
Old 03-25-2001, 07:54 AM   #15
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

[quote]Originally posted by Asphyxiate:
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
I can confirm 23rd March as release date for England.
But from what I've heard, it could be a bit of an anticlimax.

Not sure I agree mate - I thoroughly enjoyed it as I haven't gamed in a while and even though its rather short, it's an enjoyable old romp. Let me know how it turns out for ya

Ditto for me E.P.

------------------
Where were Hamlet and Horatio when I needed them?!

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!

[This message has been edited by Yorick (edited 03-25-2001).]
Yorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2001, 09:49 AM   #16
Balgin
Elminster

Well I actually live part way between Bournmouth and Salisbury (I just say Bournmouth because it's nearer and incase someone on this board hires a hit man). I bought HOW on Friday and spent quite a lot of the intervening time trying to log on to this forum (and playing the game, playing a large game of Warhammer on Saturday for about four hours (it was a nice close one)). So as far as I can see there is a major downside and that is that they converted all of the characters and major NPC's into BG2 models. Unfortunately the BG2 models have the same fatal flaw that the Torment ones had, basically they always keep the shield arm facing you and bandoliers, belt buckles, shields etc flip with annoying frequency whenever the characters change direction or face in particular ways. This is probably the main reason why I stopped playing BG2 because it started to get annoying. I am also suffering from another minor bug. I can only hear the battle/fight music in the Vale of Sahdow outdoors. Everywhere else it just doesn't play (I might have this problem with BG2 as well but not with BG1 ). I've heard some snatches of it in the Valley whilst hacking appart yeti's and lesser shades and thought that it was quite nice.If anyone knows of a patch or tweek to solve this minor annoyance then please let me know. Concerning the extra areas I took a look and then returned to playing the standard game with it's many enhancements (the key and scroll vendor in town seems to be refusing to buy keys or scrolls at the moment but it doesn't matter too much) and exploring the new spells. Incidentally me previous experience (your sympathies are greatly appreciated) has had little effect on my life other than to make me develope an odd habit of playing Paladins and other good characters.

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2001, 10:20 AM   #17
Sir_Tainly

Hi Balgin,

Glad to hear you got HoW, sorry to hear that it is that buggy, perhaps I'll wait for a patch.

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF
Old 03-25-2001, 11:43 AM   #18
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Balgin:
Well I actually live part way between Bournmouth and Salisbury (I just say Bournmouth because it's nearer and incase someone on this board hires a hit man). I bought HOW on Friday and spent quite a lot of the intervening time trying to log on to this forum (and playing the game, playing a large game of Warhammer on Saturday for about four hours (it was a nice close one)). So as far as I can see there is a major downside and that is that they converted all of the characters and major NPC's into BG2 models. Unfortunately the BG2 models have the same fatal flaw that the Torment ones had, basically they always keep the shield arm facing you and bandoliers, belt buckles, shields etc flip with annoying frequency whenever the characters change direction or face in particular ways. This is probably the main reason why I stopped playing BG2 because it started to get annoying. I am also suffering from another minor bug. I can only hear the battle/fight music in the Vale of Sahdow outdoors. Everywhere else it just doesn't play (I might have this problem with BG2 as well but not with BG1 ). I've heard some snatches of it in the Valley whilst hacking appart yeti's and lesser shades and thought that it was quite nice.If anyone knows of a patch or tweek to solve this minor annoyance then please let me know. Concerning the extra areas I took a look and then returned to playing the standard game with it's many enhancements (the key and scroll vendor in town seems to be refusing to buy keys or scrolls at the moment but it doesn't matter too much) and exploring the new spells. Incidentally me previous experience (your sympathies are greatly appreciated) has had little effect on my life other than to make me develope an odd habit of playing Paladins and other good characters.

You're no relation to "The Rad X" from the old board are you?

------------------
Where were Hamlet and Horatio when I needed them?!

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Yorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2001, 03:02 PM   #19
Balgin
Elminster

Never heard of any "The Rad X". The music bug was there before I got HOW. The character graphics bug doesn't affect gameplay, it's just annoying so I wouldn't wait Sir Tainly.

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 09:13 PM   #20
Epona
Zartan

Balgin, that may well be a bug, but it's worth checking your sound options in the config screen if you haven't already. I don't know if turning on the 'dungeon echo effects' (or whatever technical acronym they gave it) interferes with the battle music when you are indoors, but it's a possibility.

Alternatively, have you downloaded the latest drivers for your soundcard?
You may well have tried these already, but just a thought!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas.
Epona is offline   Reply With Quote