Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 01:45 PM   #191
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Jason moved slowly through the masses toward a tavern that was still mostly whole.The doorframe was singed and it smelt of burnt hair, but he needed a drink. "Damn riot", he thought. What was he going to do now? The barkeep was nowhere in sight, so he just pulled the fullest bottle from the shelf.

Well, i guess. he took out the cork and drank deeply.The warm, burning sensation filled his belly and he smiled. He turned to see a boy hiding in a corner under a chair. He smiled and poured the boy a small cup of the stuff. Here you go boy. It'll put some hair on your chest. He ruffled the boys hair and walked out of the tavern.

While on his way to find his weapons and armor, Jason found a sivler embroided throwing dagger on a corpse and put it on his belt. He smiled at himself and contined through the crowd until he saw two familiar faces. Telryn and Nivram stood twenty paces ahead, trying to decide which way to go. "I could kill them." he thought. "But, they may be able to help me get out alive." he smiled.

Hey there! he called out and waved to them.
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:51 AM   #192
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

Nivram froze when he heard the familiar voice of the bandit behind them.

"Seems that someone managed to wiggle himself free during the rioting," he whispered to Telryn. "Got any weapon on you?" he asked before turning to face Jason.

"Hello," he said simply. "What do you want?"
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:52 PM   #193
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Jason walked slowly toward them, making sure to keep his hands in plain sight, away from his stolen dagger. Oh hello. I just saw you there and figured i'd come say hello. he laughed nervously.

I have a proposal of sorts. Let me travel with you to saftey, and...uh, well i really have nothing to offer you except my skills, which you dont really seem to need anyway. But three is safer than two right? You spared me my life, you did throw me in jail to die, but you didnt kill me on the spot. So I am in your debt, if you would have me.

"good lord" he thought to himself. Im in trouble if they attack me. Jason kept his distance from the pair. He slowly reached for his dagger. A gesture of good faith? He offered the dagger to Nivram hilt first. Just dont try and kill me.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:57 AM   #194
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

Nivram cautiously took the dagger from Jason then took a few steps to the left so as to put Jason between himself and Telryn, not allowing the ruffian to watch both of them at the same time.

"That was a bad mistake you just made. I find it hard to place even an ounce of trust in you," he said to Jason. "And I am not really in a mood to be nice. Not after the last twenty-four hours." The dagger was unmoving in Nivram's hand, but pointing at Jason.

"Before we decided to bring you to this jail here, you and your four now deceased companions were quite intent on pursuing a man and then on killing us. I am not prepared to give you another chance at the latter. It seems that this town's penitential establishment no longer has the necessary security to play host for you, so we'll have to take you elsewhere."

Turning to Telryn, he said, "Can you find some rope, while I keep him here?"
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:56 PM   #195
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

I would not call them my companions per say, merley an odd group who offered to take me in at a bad time. I would not have troubled you at all, except i was told that that man they killed was responsible for the deaths of a few of their "brothers". I sympothized with them and agreed to help. I'm not usually a cold blooded killer.

pain racked his head, filling it with memories and voices again. He fell to his knees and clutched his throbbing skull. Trying to shake out the images.

Please, dont tie me up. Bad things are going to happen, we must leave.
The pain in his head started to clear and his vision became clearer again. He tried to catch his breath and steady himself. He tried to stand, but fell back to his knees again and vomitted. He mumbled something about Death's Hand, then vomitted again.

[ 07-13-2007, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: DrowArchmage ]
Old 07-11-2007, 06:30 PM   #196
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn

Telryn grimaced as Jason appeared.
"This guy keeps coming back like a dirty copper piece" he thought, staring coldly at the bandit.

Jason's proposal did not impress the ex-Guard Captain, and from the look on Nivram's face Telryn thought it did not impress him either.

Neither did his gesture of good faith. God knows he could conceal any weapon on his person, within reason of course. Telryn smirked slightly imagining Jason with a 6 foot bo-staff looming behind him as he claimed he was peaceful.

Bringing himself back to the real world as Nivram asked him to find rope, Telryn looked quickly at his surroundings before Jason reacted again, this time dropping to his knees.

"Please, dont tie me up. Bad things are going to happen, we must leave."

"Bad things have already happened, if you haven't noticed. Unfortunatly, things are about to get even worse."

Turning to find some rope, he paused and spun around, once again facing Jason.

"Or were you referring to another bad thing?"
Ivelliis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:55 PM   #197
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

“There they are! Get them!”
“Wait, one of them’s part of the ‘fringe scouts’. I recognise him; he travelled with my cousin.”
“You – you there!” the question was directed at Jason, “Who are these men with you and why are you here? You should be out in the forest… ‘protecting’ the trade routes.”

There were five of them. Now was Jason’s chance; either to ally himself with the corrupt Lords of Vision guardsmen that ruled the town as thugs, or to ‘save the lives’ of his two new ‘companions’. He had a chance to avoid bloodloss.

What he did now would determine his fate, the fate of the five guardsmen, and that of Nivram and Telryn.

Meanwhile…

Isokla glanced around the chamber. She sighed. It had taken her an irritatingly and unnecessarily amount of time to navigate the subterranean passage, due to the star-rocks that had struck the temple. But she was here now. She ran a hand through her silver hair and brushed it back; ensuring her daggerpins were in place. So far she had not run across anyone but that did not mean a thing. A few moments ago, she had entered the catacombs, where the vaults with the temple’s knowledge should be stored.

“You – what are you doing there? Intru-”
‘There’s always one…’ Isokla thought as she slowly turned around.

Stab.

‘Heretic. You deserved no better.’

After striping the unconscious priestess of her robe and donning it herself, Isokla continued to wind her way further down the passage, dragging her behind her.

She found her destination; no one else was around.

“Wake up. Now, speak to me of this ‘master’… and tell me where the starchart is. ”

[ 07-13-2007, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:40 PM   #198
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Jason shook his head, trying to get the taste of vomit out.
Something else, i dont know what but you must beleive me. Gather your friends and take me with you, not as a captive, but an allied comrade type of persons who is very useful in combat, it just happend to be a bad day when you and your fellows found us, or rather we found you. I could tell you how we did it. Another wave of shakes and images, this time none recognizable. Damn these damn headaches! To the hells with those savages! He vomitted again.

Jason slowed his breathing and stood slowly. He spit several times, getting the remains out. He shook his head in distgust. Too long without that strange tea that his old companions gave him. In a tower with a man in a box. Dangerous foes hunting them.

Why did he remember things he know he did not do himself?
Old 07-13-2007, 05:37 PM   #199
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn

It seemed Jason was oblivious to the fact that five men were questioning him. Telryn didn't think that these were the type of men to be intimidated, not while they outnumbered them five, possibly six, to two, and especially not while the tell-tale signs of recent injury lingered on Telryn and Nivram, the tiny winces as they moved their aching limbs, and the constant, but ever-so-slight stretching and tensing of their muscles. Telryn hoped the men wouldn't realise this, but he could never be sure.

"Very useful in combat, as you vomit on the floor?" Telryn smirked.
He didn't usually mock others, but this man had caused him so much pain and grief. He would glad to see the back of him. Permanently.

"We weren't talking to you, was we Earl?" One of the men retorted.

"No we wasn't, so keep your mouth shut, we were talking to him," another said, motioning his head to the heap on the floor that was Jason.

Telryn nodded, deciding to keep quiet and let Jason deal with his own problem.
Ivelliis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:31 PM   #200
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

As Jason stood he turned to the two men and smiled a grim smile, these men he did remember, although trade route wasnt the right word exactly.

I was traveling with your cousin for a time, yet since he is no longer in my company, wouldnt you assume i was no longer looking after said routes? And gentlmen the name is Jason Alexandros Fain, try and remember it shall you?

The look on his face turned from a merry/grim smile to emotionless. He flexed his sore muscles and wiped the dirt from his torn and dirty clothes. He smoothed back his short white hair and cracked his neck. His eyes shifted to Telryn as he moved his hands behind his back and made the old sign for the Captain of the Gaurd, then made his family crest. His eyes shifted back and forth, trying to decide who was a worse foe. His muscles ached and he no longer had a weapon, hopefully these two bandits were drunk and clumsy. And if not, then oh crap.

So boys, if your question has been answered to your satisfaction, we will be on our way, and you will be on yours.

He didnt move, just waited. He calmed himself down and got ready for No Pain, but even that would be hard pressed to help.