Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2002, 07:57 PM   #81
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

Jas took a seat on the bench. "Aye, everyone seems like a kid to you when you get old." He laughed then looked out toward the tavern, his grin fading some. Maybe not everyone...

"Freelight... Mistral..." His frown deepened even more. "That doesn't make any sense..." Why would Mistral want to hurt Chani... "Do you know why?" His green eyes never left Maverick's fearful face.

[ 08-25-2002, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: Deiter Leafblade ]
Deiter Leafblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 08:12 PM   #82
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Mistral

She curbed her first impulse to open her eyes when finally consciousness returned to her vulnerable state. Hushed whispers and a painfully tight grip on her wrist - that surely was Larry? - were all that she could sense. Yet there was something more important that she could barely pick up.

Irritation.

Just a little, not an overwhelming proportion of hate.

And then, a tinge of malicious pleasure.

That drifted by like a little wind... no, like a ghost...

She stiffened.

The ghosts of the past. Are they watching me now with greedy eyes, ready to avenge themselves for Father's wrongs? ~ The exertion to remain passive was draining her ~ Why am I questioning my own father? What sort of daughter would do that?! ~ A tightness formed over her lips, and the eye movements behind the closed lids grew rapid ~ What must I do?! Oh Mystra, if you abandon me now, all will be lost!!
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 08:15 PM   #83
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Li added sarcastically. "Us senile elves still got some spunk though, huh?" He chuckled. "So Jas... What brings you here, hm? Can't be to see me. I daresay you still haven't forgiven me for stealing that girlfriend of yours 500 years ago..." He winked at the younger elf.

Maverick stumbled over his words, hyperventilating. "Sh-she... She found out a-about the past... N-Nightblade. And the murders. The one woman... She kept saying how Ch-chani was dangerous! N-not to be trusted. I had to! I had to! I had to protect you Chani! Please!"
Killing Spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 08:33 PM   #84
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

"Ha! You didn't steal her. It wasn't working out between the two of us... err... yeah." Jas laughed as he thought back on younger years. He looked back towards the tavern again. "I'm here with my grandson and some of his friends."

"What did she find out about the past?" Maverick's reply to this would probably fill in the answers he had.

[ 08-25-2002, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: Deiter Leafblade ]
Old 08-25-2002, 08:55 PM   #85
mistral4543

Mistral

The dampness of her body... the relentless jabs shoving into all sides of her head... the torrents of panic drowning her... never had she felt so utterly helpless except when Fabian had held her honour at stake.

That had been a matter of the Freelight reputation.

Now, it was a matter of family feuds.

With no real solution at present, not even a pill could help relieve her ailment. There was no escape. Ravenwood would not let her be. As her heartbeat started on a war dance, she knew she had lost the fight. For now, at least.

Moaning, she opened her eyes, finding her eyes locked with those of the charismatic elf watching her. A shiver ran through her limbs and she whispered feebly, as if the words were only for his ears alone:

"Save me..."
Old 08-25-2002, 09:43 PM   #86
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

"Hm!" Li exclaimed. "So that Leafblade boy is yours, eh? Could hardly tell, that kid is rather good looking and you... Well..." He nudged his friend's ribs and adjusted the lantern. "Little miss Ravenwood hasn't stopped pining for the boy since she got here. It's terribly cute, if you ask me. Makes me damn nauseous." He chuckled again. "All the more reason not to watch the whippersnappers."

Maverick's voice and breath calmed considerably. He seemed pretty confident that the two half-elves wouldn't beat the snot out of him now. "Well... She found out about the murder of her father. About how two of the murderers were still alive, and from Ravenwood... Arrakis and... And me." He inhaled deeply as Chani's grip slacked a bit. "But she didn't know about how Chani's parents were murdered... And I thought the woman was purposely leaving that out, to endanger Chani. So you see... It was just to protect her." He straightened and looked defensive. "I've known her a lot longer than you, Leafblade, I just wanted to keep her safe!"

The world seemed to go in slow motion for Arrakis as Mistral's eyes fluttered open, and her lips mouthed words seemingly prophetically destined for him. He closed his deep blue eyes painfully, brushing his fingertips against the now bleeding scythe. Whispers and emotions filled his head. Pain, confusion, all indescribable. He felt pity, and yet a menacing hatred threatened to break its chain in the back of his heart. This woman... The blood of those who had killed who he loved flowed in her veins. How could he forgive, especially when she was bringing him so much pain and guilt via his birth? How did Chani put up with this, he wondered? The circumstances were different, yes. But now what was he to do? Could he be callous to the innocent pleas for help? Was this some sort of trap? Maybe he was simply seeing things, her husband was kneeling over her right there! He grimaced. Her gaze was burning holes in him. He opened his eyes and examined his torso, expecting charred, gaping punctures. Seeing none he inhaled deeply through his mouth. He looked at Mistral, and held up his bloodstained hand. The chains threatened to snap and his countenence turned cold and apathetic. He rubbed angrily at his sore eyes, forming red lines down his face that looked eerily like tearstreaks. He turned, and left the tavern, heading for his home, almost hoping the Freelight daughter would hear his exiting thougts. Another night where my family was murdered.

[ 08-25-2002, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Killing Spree ]
Old 08-25-2002, 10:21 PM   #87
mistral4543

Mistral

What is happening to me? ~ She could feel the light in her eyes wavering under the pained scrutiny of Larry ~ Why do I feel more sorrow at this sign of rejection from a stranger - albeit one with the mark? ~ She clenched her fists, afraid to look her husband in the eye ~ The scythe mark... surely that must mean he is a Nightblade too?

With horror did she realise that he could very well be one of her father's murderers. The vision of the blood streaks on his cruelly expressionless face flashed across her distraught memory.

I cannot go on like this... I am going mad and Larry must not see me like this... ~ With a half-crazed scream of frustration, she slapped away the hands that reached for her and leapt off, running towards the door.

Running for her sanity...
Old 08-25-2002, 10:34 PM   #88
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

The mixed, violent emotions were threatening to tear his heart asunder. He kept moving though, at a long, but mechanical gait. Arrakis blinked back tears, and wondered why they were there. Was it the memory of his family? Or was it something more... He hadn't felt this lost in a long time, and he suddenly wished Chani was around. He told himself to stop thinking, that was for the better. But he couldn't loose the images. His mother's corpse, his father's funeral, killing Aragorn Freelight... And that girl! That... Mistral... Why was he dwelling in the past? Why had he let unearthed demons get to him? Shuddering slightly he stooped by the pond in front of his home, scooping the cool water into his hands and washing the blood off his face.
Old 08-25-2002, 10:41 PM   #89
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

Jas gave him a weird look. "You're scary yourself, don't know how you keep from scaring the kids." He grinned then went on, "And of course Deiter isn't bad looking. He has some of my gene's in him!" The old elf laughed then looked over at Li again. "So what has your ancient self been up to over the years?"

Deiter sighed inwardly, it seemed things were more complicated then he had hoped. "That clears some things up..." It now explained why Mistral was acting odd around Chani, and her cause of fainting. Today was full of surprises it seemed.
Old 08-25-2002, 10:43 PM   #90
mistral4543

Mistral

She panted as she dashed through the darkness, hearing the leaves rustling and the grass blades slice her lower knees... in time, she heard a gurgling sound that beckoned towards her exploding heart.

Water.

With a ferocity that had almost crept out of her in recent times, she sprinted towards the stream and began to spray herself with the icy cold fluid...