Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2003, 01:25 PM   #41
Niadh
Elminster

It depends what you are after mainly.

Gamecube- small and portable, but not many games planned. Maybe anther Rogue Squadron, where you will be at Hoth AGAIN. Most titles will be childish, except PSO ep 1&2

PS2- lots of games, worse graphics and oldest. Also they keep prices up a lot on it.

XBox- not as many games, has some games that are good at first. But I am now bored of DM Halo, to the point I would rather clean the toilets than play it.

I bought a PS2, a friend owns an Xbox. The XBox and GC both require broadband internet acess to go online, PS2 supports dialup.

Oh, Soul Calibur 2 is coming out on all 3, which is similar to Soul Calibur on DC.

I remember gettign a Soul Calier in PSO. What a hoot.
A Knight is sworn to darkness. <br />His heart knows only hatred.<br />His sword destroys the helpless,<br />His might imprisons the weak.<br />His wrath upholds the wicked, <br />His word speaks only lies.<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.boomspeed.com/niadh/newiwsig.jpg\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 04-25-2003, 12:31 PM   #42
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by LS0158:
The control level is the one where you infiltrate the base and Natalya redirects the goldeneye, then you have to blow up the armored mainframes. If you kill Boris (I think that's his name) natalya gets mad and you fail the mission since she won't redirect the golden gun.

I've tried using the proximity mines, dual rc-p90s, the rocket launchers and the tank, lasers, and golden pp7s, but I just can't keep her alive!
This is a tough one. But, it can be done with no cheats. If you're going to cheat, make sure to use the armor cheat.

For clarity I will call the room with the big video screen Natalya (I almost called her "Nalia") uses to control the goldeneye "South."

First, do everything else first. Before you open the door to her, all should be cleared out. Try not to blow up the bullet-proof black glass panes in the mainframe room when taking out the other mainframes you have to destroy. Try not to get hit by any of the turret guns. On one of the difficulty levels there is armor in a duct on the third floor of the uber mainframe area, but maybe thats on Secret Agent difficulty.

Proximity mines are good as a cheat. Place them on the black glass Ground-floor walls at the far North corner of the mainframe room, so they will not explode until soldiers get there (an easy shot an Nat).

You have regular watch-detonated mines, with or without the cheat. Save as many as you can.

Prepare the room for the rush before you let Natalya in. One good trick is to blow all the computer terminals except the one she goes to, as these can block your shots and incoming guards. Also, place your watch mines on the stairwells (2) and on the glass walls under them (which the guards will bust through sooner or later) and at other places as your number of mines allow.

When you let Nat in, stand at the North end of the ground floor mainframe room, with your back against the black glass, in the middle of the room. You are now a pivoting turret, and have good angles against the 6 basic locations (stairs, glass below stairs, and glass at SW and SE corners of room) the guards will rush in through. Kill them fast as you can as they come. Once you get too many on-screen and Nat is threatened, flip to your watch and blow the mines (Unfortunately they ALL blow, but it lets you "reset" the battle).

After she's done and leaves (once she moves away, you are free to go, so ignore her), hook to your left, around behind the black glass wall and go through the now open door on the ground level at the extreme North of the complex. Toss in a mine to blow the mainframe (SAVE AT LEAST 1 MINE!!) and kill the two guards inside. Now rush through the other door and be prepared for a mad dash to the elevator. at the NW corner of this iron-crate strewn room. There is more body armor in the room, if you can find it you will make good use of it.

This is a very difficult level. For fun I run it with dual RCP's, for a challenge I run it with dual Deutsch's, dual pistols, or with no cheats.

Once you beat all levels, including the Aztec bonus level (VERY DIFFICULT) on 00 Agent, you get a new "007" difficulty level, which lets you adjust the AI, adjust their and your health levels, and really monkey with the difficulty.

GOOD LUCK!
Old 04-25-2003, 02:05 PM   #43
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Question Mark

*bump*

Final comments, anyone? I'm buying it tomorrow. Thanks for all the helpful info. Truth be told, I am still hem-hawing over which to get. Likely GC, but I will re-review all these responses and then have a looksee while in the store. Thanks one and all.

Oh - someone mentioned the PS2 control pad. Doesn't it have a joystick?? And, is it analog?? Thanks.

[ 04-25-2003, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 04-25-2003, 04:50 PM   #44
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:

Oh - someone mentioned the PS2 control pad. Doesn't it have a joystick?? And, is it analog?? Thanks.
It have a joystick, and it is analog.
Old 04-25-2003, 08:27 PM   #45
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
*bump*

Final comments, anyone? I'm buying it tomorrow. Thanks for all the helpful info. Truth be told, I am still hem-hawing over which to get. Likely GC, but I will re-review all these responses and then have a looksee while in the store. Thanks one and all.

The PS2 controller looks like this:

Old 04-26-2003, 01:54 AM   #46
whacky
Emerald Dragon

I'd say go for X-box. It has power unparallel to any other console system i've even seen and is most likely to have quite a few games in the near future. It runs a 700mhz proc with a cut down version of the geforce 3 graphics card and does come with a HDD ..... the comparisons i've seen are astounding. Both PS2 and game cube are absolutely nothing compared to the X-box, add the fact that the console market is being persued by Microsoft and you come the the conclusion that the number of games on it should never be a problem. Moreover the hardware to software interface of games runnin on the x-box ensures that they give the best possible performance even greater than that on high-end computer systems .... believe me when i say that the console version of games are much better than the PC versions. And those of you who suggest that console games should be a problem must know that since they have no patches or whatsoever they come out throughly tested and mostly bug-free ..... So i'd sat that a console is probably a good idea and X-box would be my recommendation [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-26-2003, 02:41 AM   #47
GokuZool
Lord Ao

TL, do you have any young children? If so, I recommend getting a Gamecube, as it is more of a family console. The controller is easy to use and the unit itself is very portable!

Actually even if you don't have kids, get a Gamecube.

Mario Sunshine, Rogue Leader, Zelda and the latest James Bond game are all great games! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[ 04-26-2003, 02:44 AM: Message edited by: GokuZool ]
Old 04-26-2003, 03:37 AM   #48
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
PS2 games got lots of variety for you to choose, and if you can read and understand japanese, you'll notice you got even more variety of games to select. don't forget, if you feel bored, you can always go pick a hen...ooh laa laa game ( those games are always in japanese ).
Why pay 200$ for a console when you can already do that with a pc, and in english, even?
Old 04-26-2003, 04:32 AM   #49
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
PS2 games got lots of variety for you to choose, and if you can read and understand japanese, you'll notice you got even more variety of games to select. don't forget, if you feel bored, you can always go pick a hen...ooh laa laa game ( those games are always in japanese ).
Why pay 200$ for a console when you can already do that with a pc, and in english, even? [/QUOTE]My god in heavan, there are pc games like that in english? what's the title name? or are you talking about internet?

[ 04-26-2003, 04:34 AM: Message edited by: Kakero ]
Old 04-28-2003, 10:58 AM   #50
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Thanks for all who helped with advice. Believe it or not I GOT AN X-BOX.

Billy-boy, I hope your geeky little self someday searches this site and sees this, because a small part of me died when I found myself helping your megalopoly dominate another industry. Once you get control of the console industry, we can all be subjigated while the games get shittier and the technological advances slow to a crawl. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Of course, I was faced with Micro$$oft (see above), Sony (hdd on my laptop recently quit, and it is still with Sony getting fixed, so I'm not in the mood to support them at the moment even though heretofore I had been very pleased), and Nintendo. I love nintendo, and I will miss not playing Mario Sunshine, but the new Zelda makes me want to puke and I am completely too old to be playing these "wop - wop - wahooo" games. (That's the sound of the N64 mario doing a triple-jump, btw).

Oh, games I got included Halo (okay, but I really hate fighting goofy aliens yet again - which is why later levels of Perfect Dark sucked), Medal of Honor Frontline (awesome feel to be dumped into the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan), Splinter Cell (rocks - it is to this generation what siphon filter 2 was to its - except that combat is near-impossible once it starts - it needs the auto-target feature of Siphon Filter), Jedi Starfighter ('snice), 3 that came with it (including Blinx and a racing game), and a College Basketball 2K3 and a Football fever game I have not yet played. Oh, and Mech Assault, which I also haven't had time to play yet.

How goes the Control level of Goldeneye??

[ 04-28-2003, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]